✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-16] MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

Hey guys I'm a new coldplayer on this forum, I have a few questions to ask.. Can I still upgrade my tickets on ticketmaster? I have two tickets on section 232C, and I have some extra cash for Floor seats or 100 level section close to the stage. Also, Did any of you made your song request on Instagram, and which song did you choose?

ps: I'm down for any type of pre-game or tailgate party, I'm from NJ.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on hold with TM now... apparently they are now taking down requests for re-seating/exchanges that will be handled by the venue itself. So they are supposed to get back to me via telephone either today or early tomorrow. The representative told me that they are getting slammed with calls about these shows.

You know... I think it's one thing if tickets were, say, $50 or if they were GA. This change would have been no big deal. But they really brought this on themselves by charging such exorbitant prices for field seats. If a couple is expected to cough up $500 - $1500 to go see a show, everything had better be flawless and meet/exceed every expectation. If they are going to charge high stakes, they're going to have to bend over backwards to make sure that everyone gets what they paid for.

Hey guys I'm a new coldplayer on this forum, I have a few questions to ask.. Can I still upgrade my tickets on ticketmaster? I have two tickets on section 232C, and I have some extra cash for Floor seats or 100 level section close to the stage. Also, Did any of you made your song request on Instagram, and which song did you choose?

ps: I'm down for any type of pre-game or tailgate party, I'm from NJ.

It depends on availability but u should definately call and find out. Btw am also from NJ, how are u gonna make it to metlife tomorrow?

It is so weird for me to see those seats there in what was in Europe the standing area. I cannot imagine how it is with seats there.

I HATE seats at concerts. And it's pretty much pointless because everybody ends up standing throughout the show anyway. Having seats just means that the promoter can get away with selling VIP tickets; it's all about greed vs. doing right by the fans. It's certainly not the venue's fault; many shows, including Bruce Springsteen, had GA field at MetLife.

It's a love/hate relationship with seats here. On the one hand you do not have to queue up all day, you know where you are sitting (well in this case maybe not :P) but normally it's ok but those tickets are very pricey if you want good ones in the front. On the other hand GA standing is normally cheaper but you got to be there the night before lining up (i.e The Today Show) if you do not have VIP. All of the Coldplay shows I have been to in NY in Arenas or Gardens (MSG, Nassau Col) have been seated.

Now Muse, LCD Soundsystem and Radiohead here do GA floor standing and seats around the arena, those are what I like best because you have a choice, if you can get tix and they don't sell out

It's a love/hate relationship with seats here. On the one hand you do not have to queue up all day, you know where you are sitting (well in this case maybe not :P) but normally it's ok but those tickets are very pricey if you want good ones in the front. On the other hand GA standing is normally cheaper but you got to be there the night before lining up (i.e The Today Show) if you do not have VIP. All of the Coldplay shows I have been to in NY in Arenas or Gardens (MSG, Nassau Col) have been seated.

Now Muse, LCD Soundsystem and Radiohead here do GA floor standing and seats around the arena, those are what I like best because you have a choice, if you can get tix and they don't sell out

Oh, I thought there was always seating only in the US for every concert (because of security or some weird laws...) .Then it seems even more weird to me. :surprised:

I am not in favour of who pays the most gets to be in front or only VIP tickets for the best places. I did not like that there were early entry VIP tickets for the German shows though it did not make that much difference to us in the end as we did not aim for the A-stage anyway.

Not having to queue all day has a certain advantage...but having done that now for 6 concerts in a row I have to say I did not mind too much (as long as it's not wintertime), as you can sit and even sleep and be with your friends. But what I absolutley hate is the last hour or so when everybody stands up and you are packed close together and it always takes longer than expected. And not knowing what is ahead security and entrywise and the mad rush to the stage.

Will there be a meet-up for Coldplaying members before the show ? It would be nice to meet some people from the forum in person !

I'm so excited ! Going to this show was a spontaneous, last-minute decision (for a very sad reason, actually, but I try not to think about that) and I still cannot believe I will be seeing Coldplay tomorrow.

• Like 3

It depends on availability but u should definately call and find out. Btw am also from NJ, how are u gonna make it to metlife tomorrow?

I already changed my tickets, couldn't score floor seats but at least I got in 137 section row 27 which is not bad at all!! I'm taking an Uber to metlife, I'm only 15 minutes away from East Rutherford. This saves me from paying parking fees and traffic after getting out of the stadium.

I already changed my tickets, couldn't score floor seats but at least I got in 137 section row 27 which is not bad at all!! I'm taking an Uber to metlife, I'm only 15 minutes away from East Rutherford. This saves me from paying parking fees and traffic after getting out of the stadium.

Where are you staying? I'm also about 15 minutes away from the venue.

Hey Guys,

I'm new around here but was hoping someone would be able to help. I was planning on taking my wife (who I just married last week) to see this show tomorrow night. She was supposed to fly in tonight from Trinidad but her flight was cancelled. She's now coming back tomorrow around 6pm and likely can't make the show. Would anyone be up for potentially trading nights?

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm in section 117 currently. Let me know if anyone has any interest please. I'll post this on the other thread as well hoping someone can help out!

Everyone currently going - have a great time! I'm sure it's going to be a crazy show.