✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-16] MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

In my view I was all the way in the back. Like the VERY last rows of the nosebleed section, but I was sitting parallel to the stage but thankfully I had my binoculars and I was trying to hunt for them, and to be honest it was riveting yet frightening to realize that the band was made of human flesh and not pixels on a screen! Like I had to deal with the reality for a while. Lol Like everything felt like a flash before my eyes and now I just want to go back to the point it kinda kills me inside. But I guess I'll have to wait til the very next tour in a few years lol.

I got the same feeling on my concert, it was crazy!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a review or experience how the VIP nation (ticketmaster) VIP experience was and if they have times as to when to be there and stuff happens. Going to the Boston show but imagine it's the same for each show. Just want to plan accordingly.

I walked into that VIP room by accident, it was at the 50 Club. http://www.metlifestadium.com/stadium/host-your-event/event-spaces/clubs/metlife-50-club I saw people in that room already when I showed up around 5:30pm. The middle had a hot buffet. They handed out gift bags. I saw the people with those other VIP badges sitting in front floor, those badges looked 3D lenticular.

Friends and Family were in the Coaches Club, saw the sign during the backstage tour. http://www.metlifestadium.com/stadium/host-your-event/event-spaces/clubs/coaches-club

There was also something else happening in the club in the mezzanine section also. I don't know what our space was called, it was one level up from the 50 Club.

Tonight I will be uploading some videos from the concert ! Please excuse the sound trouble, my phone did not always seem to be able to deal with the heavy stadium sound... Also, I was jumping around while filming and far from the main stage, so if you look for a clear and detailed video, look elsewhere !

Here is the first one:

• Like 4

My favorite part of the show:

I love that version of GPASUYF, the old version. The new version is nice, too, but this one's just plain awesome! You're lucky for having experienced it live :)

• Like 1

Just one thing that bothered me: the camera man stood in front of you and blocked Will and Guy, how dare he?

I love how they were smiling and enjoying the songs. You were so lucky and you heard "oldplay" songs being played right in front of you!

• Like 1

Can anyone who attended the show explain, how it worked with the floor seating? Did the people stay seated? I guess, when the person in front of you is standing up, people behind wouldn´t see the stage anymore and complain… Or did all the people stay in front of their seats?

I'm confused by floor seating as well. I always wonder if the chairs aren't kind of annoying and in your way when you want to dance or try to move closer to the barrier?

I don't get the point of it tbh.

It'll be off topic because I won't talk about this specific concert, but I went to a concert with floor seating. People was standing and it had enough space to move, dance and jump. It is annoying for short people (like me) because if people is standing then they block the view. The only good part is that people respect the "personal space" (no one is pushing you and breathing right in your ear) and you can arrive as late as you want without losing your spot.

• Like 2

So here in the US Ticketmaster realized they can get lots and lots of money if they put a seat which is numbered and lined up in sections rather than having standard GA standing, which they can get from anywhere of $20 to around $90 a ticket. When you purchase your ticket you are getting an actual numbered seat. 99% of the ppl stand and dance especially if you are in the front sections. You try to get an aisle seat so you have more room to dance. The seat is actually good to put your bag/crap on/under ha! still need to write my review

• Like 1

In our concert, many people moved from their seats and stood in the aisles closer to the stages (thats how i managed to go to the C-stage :D). I think it has advantages because you don't have to queue for hours on end. I felt I had enough space to dance. I could often not see the main stage at all :( since I am short, but I expected this problem to occur because I knew nobody was gonna stay seated, and this situation is no different from a GA.

Some less enthusiastic people were occasionally sitting down. I was able to climb and stand on a chair at the edge a few times, despite the signs not to...Only after the 3rd/4th time (near the end, during Amazing Day) did a security person tell me to climb down. Security was pretty relaxed in our concert. If I had known that before, I would have left my seat immediately and stood closer to the main stage from the beginning.

Can anyone who attended the show explain, how it worked with the floor seating? Did the people stay seated? I guess, when the person in front of you is standing up, people behind wouldn´t see the stage anymore and complain… Or did all the people stay in front of their seats?

Everybody on the floor stands, period. And a large percentage of people were not in their seats, and many even traveled from stage to stage throughout the show. My ticket was in the third row, but way, way off to the left in Section 1. However, I found a spot right next to the B stage, which was terrific except for the @$$clowns holding up their cellphones to take crappy quality videos whilst blocking my view of the A stage.

Okay... if I may for a second rant about people holding up their cellphones during a show. Stop. Just. Stop. And I'm looking at you, Millennials. Nobody wants to see your blurry, distant/overexposed/jittery pictures/video. You will just end up deleting them anyway. Nobody is impressed. Why do you think you are entitled to interfere with others' enjoyment of a show just so you can capture long segments of unlistenable/unwatchable footage that you will forget about anyway? You do realize you paid a lot of money for your ticket, so why not be in the moment and enjoy it, rather than looking at a glowing LCD screen all night. Look... I love to watch concert video clips on YouTube just like anyone else. But there is a way to capture footage politely, i.e., at eye-level, without being a total douche-canoe toward the people around you. Empathy, people. Is that even a thing anymore?

I just posted a mini review type thing in the 7/17 thread. I'll quote a little excerpt from it here.

What an incredible weekend! I'm so grateful and feel so lucky to have been part of it. I was right next to the B-Stage on Day 1, section 13. Seeing the confetti fly up right in front of us (although it wafted to the other side of the catwalk) was lovely. I met some incredible people, sang along with them, danced with them, and hung out after the show. The crowd was amazing, and I couldn't believe how close I was to the bad. It's the closest I've ever been.

• Like 2

Whoa, calm down. By the way, there is a thread about this issue, where detailed and well-argued thoughts by different forum members can be found: http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/should-music-fans-stop-filming-gigs-on-their-smartphones.97684/

Nobody wants to see your blurry, distant/overexposed/jittery pictures/video. You will just end up deleting them anyway.

So you can see the future (inside a glass of water;)) ? I can only speak for myself, but I certainly don't delete any footage from a concert I have taken, and I can imagine that any halfway dedicated fan would also not delete his Coldplay footage.

segments of unlistenable/unwatchable footage that you will forget about anyway?

Again, you generalize - based on what ? I know that may of us frequently go back to watch their videos. A concert can be an overwhelming and surreal experience, often you only take in small details when you rewatch the videos and this can make the concert experience and the concert joy last longer.

But there is a way to capture footage politely, i.e., at eye-level, without being a total douche-canoe toward the people around you.

I'm a relatively small person, so if I capture it "at eye-level", I can just as well leave it. Now I don't stretch out my arms to the sky, but just so much that I am not holding the camera against the back head of the usually much taller person in front of me. When I rewatched my stuff I see things that

I respect everybody's right to take photos or a video, and personally I think it is no more annoying than having heads in front of you, which happens all the time during concerts. Surely everybody needs to strike a balance between living the moment and capturing for posterity, but I think everybody has his own preferences. And believe it or not, not everyone who takes videos is inconsiderate ! I climbed onto chairs a few times to be able to actually see the main runway, but I always checked that the seats in several rows behind the chair I chose were deserted. Once (when I was filming from the normal level again) I even asked a couple who was standing directly behind me if I blocked their view. So don't generally lash out against the video-takers with insulting words, thank you very much.

• Like 1

So you can see the future (inside a glass of water;)) ? I can only speak for myself, but I certainly don't delete any footage from a concert I have taken, and I can imagine that any halfway dedicated fan would also not delete his Coldplay footage.

Unless people have infinite storage capacity and infinite time to go back and watch their sh*tty quality clips time and again when there is probably much better quality footage floating around the interwebs, then yes, I may be wrong. But for 99.9% of us, that is not true.

Again, you generalize - based on what ? I know that may of us frequently go back to watch their videos. A concert can be an overwhelming and surreal experience, often you only take in small details when you rewatch the videos and this can make the concert experience and the concert joy last longer.

It's one thing if you are up front and you have pro gear and ideal lighting. But if you are 50 meters back in a stadium, the only "small details" you will see are the neck pimples on the person in front of you.

Now I don't stretch out my arms to the sky, but just so much that I am not holding the camera against the back head of the usually much taller person in front of me... I think it is no more annoying than having heads in front of you, which happens all the time during concerts.

...except that people's heads don't glow in the dark. And all people have heads on their shoulders; it's unavoidable. But holding up ones hands with a glowing object over your head, no matter your height, is an intentional act of disrespect to the people behind/around you. Under your reasoning, it's okay to throw salt into the wound; after all, you're already suffering from the wound, so a little additional suffering is no big deal. And being short somehow exempts you from common courtesy and decency...(?!)

And believe it or not, not everyone who takes videos is inconsiderate ! I climbed onto chairs a few times to be able to actually see the main runway, but I always checked that the seats in several rows behind the chair I chose were deserted.

Guess what? No matter what, when you stand on chairs, you're going to block somebody's view. So, in other words, you are lacking self awareness and you somehow manage to delude yourself into justifying acts of rude behavior by token acts of validation. Just because people are "okay" with you standing on chairs/obstructing their view doesn't mean that they don't find it annoying, and it doesn't mean that their experience isn't just a little less special because you are creating a distraction. Would you mind it if I was standing beside you and singing/belting out every single word/note of the show? It's the same thing.

The Golden Rule applies here... treat others how you would like others to treat you.

• Like 1

But holding up ones hands with a glowing object over your head, no matter your height, is an intentional act of disrespect to the people behind/around you.

Wow, "intentional act of disrespect" ? That is taking it a too far I think.

Of course the best view for everyone would be if we were all staying seated all the time in a stadium where the row behind a row is always a little higher. But unfortunately, that is not reality, and least so in the floor section. And it is funny that you mention glowing objects over your head, do you know how many people put their Xyloband-glowing-in-the-dark-hands up in the air during many songs ? Oh my, this must be really horribly inconsiderate then too, right ?

Guess what? No matter what, when you stand on chairs, you're going to block somebody's view.

And guess what, according to the theorem of intersecting lines, the surface area will appear smaller the farther away it is from you. That's why a tall head right in front of you will bother you a lot while a head 5 rows down will hardly bother you. When I climbed up occasionally, I was standing at the row's edge, with my back to the then empty C-stage and ca. 5 rows PLUS an aisle with security people removed from the next row of standing people. People in front of me were also climbing onto chairs occasionally, but like I said, as long as it is far enough removed from the covered sight area is very small.

Would you mind it if I was standing beside you and singing/belting out every single word/note of the show?

As a matter of fact, I could hear a lot of people around me singing along most of the time. So what ? This is a stadium pop/rock concert, not a classical performance in a symphony hall.

you somehow manage to delude yourself into justifying acts of rude behavior by token acts of validation.

And being short somehow exempts you from common courtesy and decency...

I think you are definitely going too far here. Your wording is offensive and you imply the only "decent" behavior is to refrain from holding up a camera at all. I can't help but feel a lot of aggression in your post, I wish you would have talked to the people who were actually bothering you during the concert instead of unleashing your rage here on the forum onto people who take videos in general.

And I really have better things to do now than to engage in a heated discussion about concert videos...

I see why! OMG you were close!! I am getting so excited I can hardly stand it. Which is a good counter to being in so much pain I can hardly stand up by evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was anyone upgraded at this show? I'm seeing them next month and was wondering if the roadies are still going around finding fans dressed in Coldplay shirts/clothes and giving them floor seats. Thanks!

Yes, it even happened to someone on the forum at the July 17 show (I think it was @twisted-shadows and she wrote about it in the July 17 show thread)