✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, sorry for my absence. Work and real life had me tightly in its clutches again.....

Thanks for all your comments. So far I only skimmed through them but I will start working on the requested changes, overlooked and new artworks now ! Sorry again for the delay !

Last minute request ! Does anyone have a drawing of Phil ?

Cause he is mentioned in our lyrics, but I don't have any footage of him...that is a bit disappointing considering that Phil is one of the most likely people to see this video and I wanted to send it to him, among others !

From Things I Don't Understand:

I caaaan't, and I can't deciiiiiide

Wrooooong, or not wrong, from riiiight

Daaaaay, or not day, from niiiight

Plaaaaane, flying left or flying riiiiight

:D

Honestly, it still feels a bit "wrong to me" when it flies to the right, i dunno why ! Feedback from you has been mixed, with some people wanting to change it and others wanting to keep it as it is. What should I do (the lazy part of me also wants to keep it as it is because otherwise I have to cut the footage again separately and mirror it in another program) ?

• Like 3

Last minute request ! Does anyone have a drawing of Phil ?

Cause he is mentioned in our lyrics, but I don't have any footage of him...that is a bit disappointing considering that Phil is one of the most likely people to see this video and I wanted to send it to him, among others !

I think there is a Phil thread (like there are for each of the band members) so maybe you can find some over there.

He was also recently in that video where the band was having the production meeting for the tour.

And I remember seeing a picture with a fan at the concert in Belasco 13 Nov.

I have to leave for work in a few minutes, but can look further later

I think there is a Phil thread (like there are for each of the band members) so maybe you can find some over there.

He was also recently in that video where the band was having the production meeting for the tour.

And I remember seeing a picture with a fan at the concert in Belasco 13 Nov.

I have to leave for work in a few minutes, but can look further later

Thanks. I know there is lots of pics and videos of Phil but for copyright reasons I don't wanna grab a random pic/video. If someone donates a drawing (or his private pic), that would be better.

Maybe @flockofbirds222 or @AlwaysInMyHead or @Kdandur already have one in their art collection ?

From Things I Don't Understand:

I caaaan't, and I can't deciiiiiide

Wrooooong, or not wrong, from riiiight

Daaaaay, or not day, from niiiight

Plaaaaane, flying left or flying riiiiight

:D

Honestly, it still feels a bit "wrong to me" when it flies to the right, i dunno why ! Feedback from you has been mixed, with some people wanting to change it and others wanting to keep it as it is. What should I do (the lazy part of me also wants to keep it as it is because otherwise I have to cut the footage again separately and mirror it in another program) ?

Just keep it as is. You've put enough work into it already. It really is a minor matter or preference. The fact that opinions are divided, to me, says it doesn't really matter. Focus on more important things...like your life!

• Like 1

Thanks. I know there is lots of pics and videos of Phil but for copyright reasons I don't wanna grab a random pic/video. If someone donates a drawing (or his private pic), that would be better.

Maybe @flockofbirds222 or @AlwaysInMyHead or @Kdandur already have one in their art collection ?

I don't, I suck at drawing faces, I never tried again after my attempt to draw chris' face failed[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

OK everybody, here is the latest version of the video ! I addressed most of the points criticized above and added the title segment as well as the credits. The only thing still missing is the potential Phil picture. Please watch and give feedback !

(Don't worry about the video quality. I have very little time here right now so I uploaded it in bad quality because otherwise it takes so much time to produce the file. The final version will be in HD throughout !)

One important question: I tried the title segment (featuring some amazing stitchwork by @iamsue - thank you again for sending me this great artwork as a gift !!) without any music at first, but the silence was kinda awkward, so I did overlay some music. Please listen to the title part at least and tell me if it fits or if I should remove the music again !

[MEDIA=vidme]height=240;id=LbVD;width=426[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://vid.me/LbVD

[MEDIA=vidme]height=240;id=LbVD;width=426[/MEDIA]

• Like 2

I really like the music at the beginning, you definitely shouldn't remove it!

I hope we find a way to add a picture of Phil cause it indeed is not so great to mention him in the lyrics but only have the rest of the guys in the video. In case we find a picture we can use I think it would be a good idea to show it for a few a seconds when the lyrics say "Phil".

• Like 1

I really like the music at the beginning, you definitely shouldn't remove it!

I hope we find a way to add a picture of Phil cause it indeed is not so great to mention him in the lyrics but only have the rest of the guys in the video. In case we find a picture we can use I think it would be a good idea to show it for a few a seconds when the lyrics say "Phil".

Thanks! It is the Liquid Ambience of the AROBTTH Era concerts, by the way.

About Phil, in the worst case, I will see if I can dig up an official image of Phil from Coldplay.com and abstracize it a little so that it appears like a drawing or something...

• Like 1

Just got home. I think the music at the start of the video is perfect.

Regarding Phil, earlier today I have done a short search for a picture in order to make some kind of photo editor version of a drawing. That's the best I can do. :)

This is what I came up with.

I don't know if it is useful, so if you can find something better or decide to leave it out at all, no worries.

[ATTACH=full]4608[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

Thanks everyone !

In case you were wondering...I was kinda slow the last couple days so we are a little bit behind the May 20 deadline. But tomorrow and on Sunday (May 21 and May 22) I am going to upload the final version of the video and get the social media campaign rolling to try to get the message to the band ! I hope you are gonna support by retweeting, posting and sending the video as well when the time comes...in all that fan message noise, and all that sound, that Coldplay get daily, we have to create a buzz that will be noticed..in other words, we just got to turn up to be heard :D

• Like 2

I am so excited! This version is amazing. Thanks for the great music with the stitchery. You made it look so sharp on the orange background. I love the color pics of Phil, BTW; I think it would be cool to have a collage of all of the colors on one screen.

To the I Ran Away Choir: I keep forgetting to tell all of you that you are ALL amazing in this video. You all have a courage I did not - which is to put yourselves "out there" in voice. Congratulations - just listen to what you've accomplished. I don't know that I would even like the Coldplay version better at this point - I think your voices together, (with great editing from our fearless leader @ira), really make the song even better.

• Like 5