✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

Can you explain what exactly you mean so that I can look into it ? (Do you by any chance mean the line "That's why we'd love for you to play I Ran Away live on stage" ? I know that that line is really crammed but most recordings that I got did a fairly good job on that line despite the quick pace of words.)

The "and everyone I love" is part is SLIGHTLY rushed (it ends too early). But it doesn't really matter because in the end, all of the vocals will blend together

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "and everyone I love" is part is SLIGHTLY rushed (it ends too early). But it doesn't really matter because in the end, all of the vocals will blend together

Oh OK, i see ! Unfortunately the timings of different people are also a little off, so that in the end the voices will not overlay a hundred percent like they would in a professional choir, but I think the variation is within a reasonable range.

I can edit audio in Audacity. Need help?

Cool ! Yes, I have a troublesome part where the instrumental and the original connect - the transition is rather audible. I will send you the reference track and then ask you if you think you might be able to fix it, in which case I will send you the original files. Thanks for your offer !

• Like 1

We have a deadline for vocal submissions now: Monday, May 2nd, 2016

Please send me your recordings until then. Thanks !

In particular I am still waiting for submissions by @anthamic, @The Adversary and @Kdandur (I think). I wanted to add that if someone doesn't have the time or changed his mind and wishes to drop out, it's no problem at all ! Please let me know as soon as possible so that I can think about alternatives though.

I just realized the European Tour starts on May 24th already ! Somehow in my mind I had always thought of May 29th as the start date.

That means we have a tighter schedule than I thought we'd have...I guess we won't be able to keep our original goal of early May submission (not least due to distractions by work and life stress on my part, I admit). The new goal for the project to be completed and sent towards the band is May 20th. By this time the guys are probably rehearsing for the European leg, which might be an advantage. We will then keep promoting in social media and messages throughout the European and North American Tours !

• Like 4

I just realized the European Tour starts on May 24th already ! Somehow in my mind I had always thought of May 29th as the start date.

That means we have a tighter schedule than I thought we'd have...I guess we won't be able to keep our original goal of early May submission (not least due to distractions by work and life stress on my part, I admit). The new goal for the project to be completed and sent towards the band is May 20th. By this time the guys are probably rehearsing for the European leg, which might be an advantage. We will then keep promoting in social media and messages throughout the European and North American Tours !

So soon already, holy crap! :shocked2: (Damn those finals, I've lost track of everything Coldplay-related...)

I think May 20th would be allright as a goal, there is still time for the message to spread and maybe they will pick it up and play I Ran Away :rolleyes:

They've played so many old stuff already, even Twisted Logic! Our chances aren't that bad after all! :wideeyed:

• Like 2

The incredible has happened and I have a few hours today to spare on the I Ran Away Project ! :D

Just to give you an update, the audio is done. I am gonna send it to some of you soon via PM to get your feedback on it ! Right now, I will start with assembling the video !

• Like 5

And I should be assembling the stitched piece tomorrow and will mail it in the shadow box.

Cool, thanks ! Can you, like you suggested, take a photo of it before you mail just in case it the post messes up ? :)

• Like 1

I need your opinion on something important, friends !

I am currently thinking of cutting out the bridge of the song and proceeding with the final chorus (the one with our own lyrics) right after the second chorus. Here is why:

I'm generally against all kinds of shortening/editing songs, BUT the band or other people like Anchorman or Phil and Debs who may get to watch it are busy people and probably only have limited time for stuff like that. Everybody knows that the second half of I Ran Away is just instrumental, so nobody expects another vocal part at the end ! It even happened to me when I casually listened to our cover that I was startled when suddenly a chorus came in at an unexpected place. Hence, it could be that said person(s), having only little time ro spare, closes the video halfway through because he doesnt expect another vocal part and thus misses out on the most important message !!

This is why I propose to cut the bridge.

What are your opinions ? Please everybody give feedback, I don't wanna stand alone with this difficult decision !

EDIT: Just so everyone understands what I'm talking about: I wanna cut 3:08 - 3:42

^ I have thought of shortening the song but didn't know how/what to cut. Maybe 2 versions perhaps? The shortened one and the full one, kinda like a radio edit or something.

For me, I'd cut it since the song is 4:30ish and some people probably won't make it through the whole thing at first listen.

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

^ I have thought of shortening the song but didn't know how/what to cut. Maybe 2 versions perhaps? The shortened one and the full one, kinda like a radio edit or something.

For me, I'd cut it since the song is 4:30ish and some people probably won't make it through the whole thing at first listen.

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

Well we can keep a full version for distribution among ourselves, but right now I am concerned about the main version - the one in the video we will send to the band. Only one version will be made public, don't wanna have confusion there....The part we can cut out is about 34 secs, by the way.

I think you're right, they might just turn it off before the end expecting the rest to be instrumental, so it probably is a good idea to cut the small instrumental part. I don't think it makes much of a difference if the song is 30 seconds shorter, but if our vocal part came right away after the end of the regular vocals it would probably increase our chance of that part being heard.

But only if the cut is smooth and doesn't sound strange though...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

My cutting skills are horrible but I will try my best :-/

There is already an audible transition with the current version though, cause I had to fuse the instrumental version with the original towards the end (the instrumental sounds a bit thin at the end because changes made to remove the vocals apply there too), so I will just exchange one transition for another. Hope it will sound better even !

I'm afraid that I have no cutting skills at all.

The only thing that I might be able to do is some fade out but that is about it. :)

What editor are you using? In Audacity you have a few options to do effects.

Yes I am using Audacity.

I know the basic options of fading, echo, delay, etc. Will check either this evening or tomorrow evening how it goes !

On the bright side, it will probably not be worse than the Up&Up Radio Edit LOL :P

• Like 2