✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

You're such a hard worker!

That is very kind of you, but I'm afraid I am more of a inefficient user of time, which is why I always get into schedule problems...

So I just sat down into a coffeeshop which is open till 1 am. Now I have 2 hrs to finalize the audio....I'm gonna cut it, cut it together, I know I am gonna cut it, cut it together, somehow I'm gonna cut it, cut it together and go.....oooohhoooohooowww ! Cut&cut&cut ! :D

• Like 3

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, it is done:

- I added the missing vocals in, although for time reasons not over the full-length of the vocals...Apologize again for this ! On the bright side, I mixed you in very prominently in one particular part to make up for my mistake, @AlwaysInMyHead ! Hope you like it :)

- I changed the volume balance of vocals vs. instrumental more in favor of the instrumental to make our voices sound less loud, as you wished

- I was not able to delete or reduce the reverb. I'm really sorry about that, but I read up in the internet and adding reverb in Audacity is a change that cannot be undone. I did not save the earliest versions, so the only way to get rid of it would be delete the vocals and add them from scratch, which would be too time-consuming at this point. Sorry everyone, I think we have to live with the reverb...I guess I messed up there :-/

- The final chorus was the Hardest Part of the audio project because of the different timings of people, especially within lines. I ended up cutting two voices out (sorry to the ones who were cut out...) and working on the remaining ones, cutting and modifying spaces between individual words to align the words. The most important words are now fully aligned, so should be more understandable (we will have the lines written out in the video nonetheless). Originally I wanted to go with the suggestion made above to have individual persons say Chris, Jonny, Guy, Phil, but this would be even more work-intensive...Think it sounds good the way it is now, what do you think ?

Just listened to the entire thing and it sounds good to me. We should all be proud of ourselves of what we have done with our combined vocal power :D

Please listen to it here: http://www.filedropper.com/iranawaytrackeditv2_1

Deadline for the audio is the end of May 13 (ca. 23 hours from this post), I wanna have a final version then so that I can align the video with it. So if anyone has any wishes for change or any feedback, please post it within the next 23 hrs !

Oh and by the way, it is 00:56 am here and the coffeeshop closes at 1. What timing !!

• Like 4

I've just listened to it twice and I like this version. The sound is clear and the voices match perfectly. You did a great job with our voices, and once again to all of you who were brave enough to sing congratulations!

• Like 2

OK, it is done:

- I added the missing vocals in, although for time reasons not over the full-length of the vocals...Apologize again for this ! On the bright side, I mixed you in very prominently in one particular part to make up for my mistake, @AlwaysInMyHead ! Hope you like it :)

- I changed the volume balance of vocals vs. instrumental more in favor of the instrumental to make our voices sound less loud, as you wished

- I was not able to delete or reduce the reverb. I'm really sorry about that, but I read up in the internet and adding reverb in Audacity is a change that cannot be undone. I did not save the earliest versions, so the only way to get rid of it would be delete the vocals and add them from scratch, which would be too time-consuming at this point. Sorry everyone, I think we have to live with the reverb...I guess I messed up there :-/

- The final chorus was the Hardest Part of the audio project because of the different timings of people, especially within lines. I ended up cutting two voices out (sorry to the ones who were cut out...) and working on the remaining ones, cutting and modifying spaces between individual words to align the words. The most important words are now fully aligned, so should be more understandable (we will have the lines written out in the video nonetheless). Originally I wanted to go with the suggestion made above to have individual persons say Chris, Jonny, Guy, Phil, but this would be even more work-intensive...Think it sounds good the way it is now, what do you think ?

Just listened to the entire thing and it sounds good to me. We should all be proud of ourselves of what we have done with our combined vocal power :D

Please listen to it here: http://www.filedropper.com/iranawaytrackeditv2_1

Deadline for the audio is the end of May 13 (ca. 23 hours from this post), I wanna have a final version then so that I can align the video with it. So if anyone has any wishes for change or any feedback, please post it within the next 23 hrs !

Oh and by the way, it is 00:56 am here and the coffeeshop closes at 1. What timing !!

Thank you a lot for putting so much work into this project!

(And don't worry, I like the way you mixed my voice into it :) )

I've just listened to it twice and I like this version. The sound is clear and the voices match perfectly. You did a great job with our voices, and once again to all of you who were brave enough to sing congratulations!

I must agree with you, I like it very much, too! Somehow I love the part in the first chorus where one quiet voice is in the background, that sounds very interesting :)

Congrats to us all :D

• Like 1

I don't remember who was the other one but he did a good job. :)

I had the song on repeat on my way to work and I can't get it out of my head anymore. :smug:

What makes V2 better is that when I heard it the first time, it was keeping my attention and I think that will be very important.

V1 was a bit a mess of voices and hard to understand.

So, I think we (and especially you) have nailed it.[emoji106]

• Like 1

I listened to it again right now and I also am very pleased with the current version :) You were all spot on with your criticism of the first version, thanks for all those comments !

I used to think that the many different voices might be a problem for the song in that the song might sound disrupted, but now I actually think the opposite: The voices do match and the vocal variation between paragraphs helps to keep the song interesting ! As @Nie said, it kinda grabs your attention !

• Like 1

Just listened to it, you did a really great job @I ran away !

I like this version a lot better. I feel like the a little less louder vocals make the amount of reverb sound just right. And the last chorus sounds really great now and is well to understand.

Can't wait for what you come up with for the video!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

I couldn't resist and have been trying to figure out which part is sung by who.

But I think @I ran away has changed the assigned parts. :D

If I hear it well the orange and dark blue/purple part are done by the same people?

It is indeed a pretty colorful mix and does not necessarily adhere to the originally assigned parts.

But you are right about the orange and dark blue parts ! :D

Everyone is excited about the Up&Up music video, but I know another music video coming soon that we should be excited about ;)

No seriously, I hope to get some time this weekend to work on it. Ideas, artwork, footage are welcome if anyone still wants to add something. I set myself a deadline for May 17 for a first version so that we have time to watch it and change/improve it like with the audio.

@flockofbirds222 - that gif you made earlier doesnt work in my video Software, can you possibly send me the individual pics for the gif ?

• Like 2

Is there anything specific you are searching for?

Not really. Well, the Scientist vinyl but I couldnt find anyone who has it and was willing to help so I guess we will go on without it :)

I already completed most of the first version of the video and hope to be able to show it to you either later today or tomorrow !

• Like 4

There is a video of The Scientist on YouTube

I know, there is even one playing I Ran Away from vinyl, but I guess I can't just grab them without the owners permission. (Or can I if I put the source underneath ?? Don't know if Youtube videos are essentially a form of publication which would be citable...) I tried to contact the owner of one of the videos but I never got a reply.