✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

Well we can keep a full version for distribution among ourselves, but right now I am concerned about the main version - the one in the video we will send to the band. Only one version will be made public, don't wanna have confusion there....The part we can cut out is about 34 secs, by the way.

I feel this is a good idea in general, if it still sounds good, I'm all for it.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay everybody, a little throwback....the audio is not yet complete after all, I just discovered that for some reason I completely overlooked the contributions sent by @AlwaysInMyHead !! :shocked2: Sorry - I promise I will work your vocals in somehow !

Meanwhile, I did the edit and actually I think it sounds okay...but for you to decide ! Ladies and gentlemen, the first version of the I Ran Away Project (audio only) - which you all made possible. Please download and tell me what you think !

http://www.filedropper.com/iranawaytrackedit

• Like 1

You did a great job. But I have to say it's weird for me to hear my own voice in the recording. There are some moments where the voices don't match I'm not sure if you can fix that.

Thanks ! You did a great job with your singing, that's why I put it very prominently in the mix :)

Do you mean the voices don't match sound-wise or timing-wise ? Is there a specific point which you would change ? Timing was unfortunately not homogeneous, especially int the last two lines of the choir part...

• Like 1

That is my only remark too, there are a few places where the timings are a bit awkward.

Especially:

The line "that's ... to play I Ran away Live on stage" --> the LIVE is lost

The different timings of the words "So please Chris, Johnny Guy and Phil" is making it hard to understand what we are singing.

But you did a great job. I can imagine that it is not easy to match everything.

I even found it hard to sing it at the same way over and over again. [emoji4]

• Like 1

That is my only remark too, there are a few places where the timings are a bit awkward.

Especially:

The line "that's ... to play I Ran away Live on stage" --> the LIVE is lost

The different timings of the words "So please Chris, Johnny Guy and Phil" is making it hard to understand what we are singing.

But you did a great job. I can imagine that it is not easy to match everything.

I even found it hard to sing it at the same way over and over again. [emoji4]

Agree, it bothers me too! Three different Chris and at least two different Will can be heard. I may need to work intensely on that part again, at the risk that the choir becomes thinner (some timings are just so off within a line that it is really hard to match them...by the way, I'm just saying this as a fact - I know it's difficult when you sing, and I am not criticiing anyone ! You all were amazing !!)

• Like 3

By the way, don't worry too much about the message being understood though. In my mind, I always had the lyrics of the additional chorus written out in the video and I guess I will really go on to do that...

It can fix the part of understanding the message and as others have said it's difficult to match the voices when we can't hear each other. But, overall it's really good, great job every one our voices are great :)

A suggestion: maybe for the Chris, Jonny, Guy and Phil you could do the same thing as you did with the 123 Will. So just 1 (or 2) voice.

If that doesn't make things harder. [emoji3]

• Like 1

I really like this cut before the final chorus, you did such a great job! :)

A suggestion: maybe for the Chris, Jonny, Guy and Phil you could do the same thing as you did with the 123 Will. So just 1 (or 2) voice.

If that doesn't make things harder. [emoji3]

That's a good idea

Okay everybody, a little throwback....the audio is not yet complete after all, I just discovered that for some reason I completely overlooked the contributions sent by @AlwaysInMyHead !! :shocked2: Sorry - I promise I will work your vocals in somehow !

Meanwhile, I did the edit and actually I think it sounds okay...but for you to decide ! Ladies and gentlemen, the first version of the I Ran Away Project (audio only) - which you all made possible. Please download and tell me what you think !

http://www.filedropper.com/iranawaytrackedit

First of all, it sounds better than expected xD I thought it'd be a complete mess. :D

Only one little remark: I feel like the vocals are a little too loud and maybe there's a bit too much echo.

I agree with the others that it would make sense to use less voices for the last part. And I think the cut betwee the final chorus was the right decision.

As to the forgotten parts, just leave them out if you don't think they are fitting. Don't throw everything over just because of my crappy vocals.

Thanks all ! This evening I will attempt to rescue the chorus part and add in the missing vocals :)

I kept adding reverb because it made the individual vocals sound better, but I also realized in the meantime that when you layer them it has too much total reverb now ! The only problem is, I don't know how to delete the reverb again...hm. Will try to make it less !

• Like 1

One more question - is in your opinion the first verse and chorus OK ? Cause its important that the first part sounds good, otherwise they might turn off the video at this point already.

I think the first verse and chorus sound good!

But I agree with @AlwaysInMyHead that the vocals might be a little too loud...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

You mean too loud overall ?

I wanted to put emphasis on them because the instrumental is not our work, it is just the stock instrumental of the song. The vocals are our work entirely. Thats why I mixed the instrumental in at a lower volume. But I can change that balance if people think the vocals are too prominent.

I wanted to put emphasis on them because the instrumental is not our work, it is just the stock instrumental of the song. The vocals are our work entirely. Thats why I mixed the instrumental in at a lower volume. But I can change that balance if people think the vocals are too prominent.

Well, actually you're right, it's a good idea to emphazise our vocals, I didn't think of that yet! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

I think it is a nice idea to emphasize our work, but if our vocals are too loud it just sounds less professional and unbalanced.

Btw, don't worry, it already sounds nicely, and the first part is cool, too. I like the "1,2,3 - Will" a lot

• Like 1