✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

To the I Ran Away Choir: I keep forgetting to tell all of you that you are ALL amazing in this video. You all have a courage I did not - which is to put yourselves "out there" in voice. Congratulations - just listen to what you've accomplished. I don't know that I would even like the Coldplay version better at this point - I think your voices together, (with great editing from our fearless leader @ira), really make the song even better.

Thank you so much for your kind words. In fact I'm not sure why I decided to sing when it's one of the most embarrassing things I can ever do. But, I'm really happy to be part of it, we've shown that team work is the best way to make things better :)

• Like 2

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sooo...the big day is here. Just added Phil, some last-minute signatories and edited out some minor mistakes (embarassing, plenty of names were in the wrong order in the list...seems I need a refresher on the alphabet, LOL)

Right now I am exporting the video in HD....then it is my bedtime and then I will have a very busy Saturday tomorrow, so the actual unveiling on Youtube and promotion on social media will need to wait a little bit. Thanks for your patience :)

I am so excited! This version is amazing. Thanks for the great music with the stitchery. You made it look so sharp on the orange background. I love the color pics of Phil, BTW; I think it would be cool to have a collage of all of the colors on one screen.

About the different colors for Phil: I came up with the idea to add color at the very minute after I posted the B/W ones.

If I had more time I would have tried to mix them together to get some kind of color powder effect like there is at the concert. But I had to go to sleep, I had a few very short nights this week.

I'm very exited to see the final video!

And I will try my best to promote it but I'm not very active on social media. But every tweet might help.

• Like 2

So it is in the middle of the night but i just couldn't stop after the video was exported....and there it is ! We are officially online ! Make sure to watch it in HD !

So here is what I wanted to say, hope it doesn't sound to cheesy...Everyone of you, wherever you are, take a short break from what you are doing at the moment to pat yourself on the shoulder. :D You can all be proud of yourselves ! Whether you contributed vocals, artworks or both, you have all been so amazing and talented. We are spread across four continents, but we made this piece of art together. It shows once again what can be achieved when people just join forces in the spirit of things like kindness, love or friendship - in other words, what Coldplay has always stood for. We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do !

:loveshower::bliss::wacky:

(Yes, I am a little touched right now to see this finally completed... )

:parachutes::arobtth::x&y::viva::mx::gs:

@alicjanna @alisbe @AlwaysInMyHead @anthamic @flockofbirds222 @iamsue @I ran away @Kamili @Kdandur @Nie

• Like 8

OMG, the video is AMAZING!!!

I'm so proud too, it was a lot of work to make it but it is worth every second that I have put into this.

Thank you all for being a part in this and @I ran away for the wonderful job you have done!

Just give a call when we have to start spamming the www. :D

• Like 3

Ohh please don't make me cry[emoji22] [emoji1]

The video is honestly SO beautiful, everyone did such an amazing job and especially you @I ran away for uniting as all and putting everything together!

I am really shy about my voice, I don't like recording it and especially not singing when others hear it. Before I joined you on Coldplaying I would never have taken part in something like this, but you all (and coldplay of course) show me that it's about togetherness and creating something great together like we just did. I'm so glad to be part of this awesome project and community of coldplay fans.

It's so awesome that coldplay make people from all over the world come together and create something great.

I hope we will get enough attention for them to notice and hopefully they'll decide to play I ran away live.

(Wouldn't it be great if they played it at a concert where one of us is and gave us Coldplaying people a shoutout?[emoji6] )

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 5

I love it... I want to thank you, I ran away, for devoting your time and trying your best to edit it (when you had no skills at all :)). And thank to everyone who contributed, it's amazing how music can bring people together to do such amazing projects...

I'm going to spam my social medias soon :D

• Like 4

So it is in the middle of the night but i just couldn't stop after the video was exported....and there it is ! We are officially online ! Make sure to watch it in HD !

So here is what I wanted to say, hope it doesn't sound to cheesy...Everyone of you, wherever you are, take a short break from what you are doing at the moment to pat yourself on the shoulder. :D You can all be proud of yourselves ! Whether you contributed vocals, artworks or both, you have all been so amazing and talented. We are spread across four continents, but we made this piece of art together. It shows once again what can be achieved when people just join forces in the spirit of things like kindness, love or friendship - in other words, what Coldplay has always stood for. We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do !

@alicjanna @alisbe @AlwaysInMyHead @anthamic @flockofbirds222 @iamsue @I ran away @Kamili @Kdandur @Nie

It's fantastic! Great job every one! And your words weren't that cheesy, thank you for organising this project. As you said Coldplay share the idea of friendship and togetherness and coldplayers are committed to this idea, that's why I'm glad to be part of this community and above all I'm so happy I've lent my voice for this great project. Once again congratulations every one and a special shout out to @I ran away for giving to much of her free time and putting a lot of effort into it, well done!

So, when are we going to start the spamming?? I'm anxious to show my pride for this project!

You are welcome to start promoting the video in social media (since i don't think I will get round to making a Twitter or Facebook account for the project today). Just bear in mind to be moderate in your posting frequency (so that it will not be perceived as spam or an annoyance by the recipient) and to always include the hashtag #IRanAwayLive2016 to reinforce the message.

The targets that we're aiming at:

Anchorman (@Coldplay on Twitter)

@ColdplayOracle (Twitter)

@DebsWild (Twitter)

@goglandno1 Penny Harvey (Phil's mum on Twitter. Make sure to mention the Phil part when you tweet to her ! :))

Coldplay.com/contact

*email removed by moderator*

Coldplay on Instagram (I dont have the app, it woud be great if someone who has instagram could take over this part !)

(I have a few more ideas but lets start our campaign with these !)

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

I have already posted this on the other thread, but here it is again anyway:

Lovely! Though some vocals are a bit uncoordinated, it's a good cover overall. Great job to all the participants! Really hope we get to hear I Ran Away live on this tour [emoji4]

You are welcome to start promoting the video in social media (since i don't think I will get round to making a Twitter or Facebook account for the project today). Just bear in mind to be moderate in your posting frequency (so that it will not be perceived as spam or an annoyance by the recipient) and to always include the hashtag #IRanAwayLive2016 to reinforce the message.

@DebsWild (Twitter)

@goglandno1 Penny Harvey (Phil's mum on Twitter. Make sure to mention the Phil part when you tweet to her ! :))

Coldplay.com/contact

Coldplay on Instagram (I dont have the app, it woud be great if someone who has instagram could take over this part !)

Should we just randomly tweet them and tell them about the video? Or try to reply when @Coldplay tweets?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

@DebsWild (Twitter)

Coldplay.com/contact

Do you have a picture/screenshot that we can use to promote the video on Instagram?

Maybe the balloon?

The link for the video I got when opening it in YouTube.

To promote the project on Instagram I have ripped the video from Youtube (I'm sorry @I ran away :D ) and cut out a short part into a new video.

It is the part starting at 3:23.823 --> 3:36:060.

Before I post it on my Instagram account I would like to ask you if it is OK because it contains also a part of the vocals...

You can find it here:

https://mega.nz/#!wZ0RDRbT!TeqjDKrLaPeEIynQmeK87Ctqir3C1JmGqw-1Wxb9QtA

And if everyone agrees you are welcome to use it on your own Instagram / Twitter / ... account as well.