✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear that coldplay song?

flockofbirds222

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the "hot dog" test?

I heard Chris say in a couple interviews recently that he can tell during a concert if a song is well liked by the audience by how many people leave to get a hot dog during the song.

From the stage, if he looks out into the audience, everything is dark except for the small rectangles of light at the back of each section in the arena (doorways) where people can get to the bathrooms and concessions. If he can see the lights well, he knows people are staying in the arena to enjoy the song. If the lights are blocked, he knows people are going through the doors, like to get a hot dog, and they don't like the song much.

It's one of the ways they eliminate unpopular songs early in a tour, and test out new, unrecorded songs. They never officially recorded Moses after playing it live, so that's why I figured it failed the hot dog test. [emoji39]

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 6

I heard Chris say in a couple interviews recently that he can tell during a concert if a song is well liked by the audience by how many people leave to get a hot dog during the song.

From the stage, if he looks out into the audience, everything is dark except for the small rectangles of light at the back of each section in the arena (doorways) where people can get to the bathrooms and concessions. If he can see the lights well, he knows people are staying in the arena to enjoy the song. If the lights are blocked, he knows people are going through the doors, like to get a hot dog, and they don't like the song much.

It's one of the ways they eliminate unpopular songs early in a tour, and test out new, unrecorded songs. They never officially recorded Moses after playing it live, so that's why I figured it failed the hot dog test. [emoji39]

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Coldplaying mobile app

Ahaha that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation ☺

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Coldplaying mobile app