✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay is shooting a video in Hannover on 30/06.

alohasteffi

Do we know anything about the release date? + did you take any photos?

No, no official info about the release or what the general concept of the video is (I guess what we saw is just one part and it was not entirely clear what was going on). We were quite far away from the crew on the ice field. No cameras and phones allowed inside. Some were apparently taking pictures nevertheless and they were thrown out.

Just saw that Chris was in Hannover today after all, but only in the afternoon. :/

[MEDIA=twitter]748593087446941698[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/748593087446941698

Article: http://m.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Stadt/Uebersicht/Coldplay-dreht-Video-im-Eisstadion-am-Pferdeturm

The article states that due to safety concerns they decided to only arrive during the afternoon and do their scenes separately. All a bit strange... What they told us during the shoot was something else (no time between gigs). Well, I guessed it could happen that the band wouldn't turn up, but hey, at least we got to be part of the video in some way. It better turn out awesome! :D

• Like 8

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So seems like it was originally planned but then did not happen ? So it was the band/-s management after all.... :(

I must say I'm very disappointed, especially for those who came from far away. Like people above me have said, I would've been very sad/angry if that had happened to me.

• Like 1

No, no official info about the release or what the general concept of the video is (I guess what we saw is just one part and it was not entirely clear what was going on). We were quite far away from the crew on the ice field. No cameras and phones allowed inside. Some were apparently taking pictures nevertheless and they were thrown out.

Just saw that Chris was in Hannover today after all, but only in the afternoon. :/

[MEDIA=twitter]748593087446941698[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/748593087446941698

Article: http://m.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Stadt/Uebersicht/Coldplay-dreht-Video-im-Eisstadion-am-Pferdeturm

The article states that due to safety concerns they decided to only arrive during the afternoon and do their scenes separately. All a bit strange... What they told us during the shoot was something else (no time between gigs). Well, I guessed it could happen that the band wouldn't turn up, but hey, at least we got to be part of the video in some way. It better turn out awesome! :D

WhaaAAAAT?! And we suffered through the cold and this asshat (:wacky:) just flied in Later because of some safety concerns. PFFF! I mean I was already convinced that the Band wouldn't come because they rarely come out for fan things, but man... at least Phil could habe come or so :C

Well I think I saw Mat Whitecross? I believe he was the one shouting "ACTION!!" throughout the afternoon lol

I can understand that the band was not there and half expected that. But the handling of it was all wrong - probably not Coldplay management's fault but still dissappointing. They could have turned this into a memorable fun experience for us but instead it was a taxing, boring, freezing and hungry 6 1/2 hours.

We actually dozed off at some point - afterwards we felt better. ;-)

The guy on the mike was nice but the wrong man for the job. Information and communication with us was minimal, half the time his announcements were not understandable anyway because of bad sound. I would have whished for somebody who had motivated us - like the security lady in Wembley who made us sing Coldplay songs. We could have had fun...

A lot of people left after about 4 hours when it became clear that neither the band nor the promised food would materialize but we decided to stick it out, hell, we are Coldplayers! ;-).

I just whish the boys would be aware what we went through for them...

• Like 11

Anyone want to give the gist of this in a translation to English, please ? Sorry for my ignorance.

Fans came as extras to a video shoot for Everglow, holding miracle candles during an ice dance

Coldplay did not show up, the band's Management canceled it for safety reasons

Fans were disappointed, bad mood spreae after it became clear that the band would not come. Additionally, there was just water and no food available.

Many fans came a long way

Some fans tried to take photos/Videos and got thrown out

The audience has been instructed not to leak anything to social media

• Like 6

Oh boy :( I feel bad for all the fans that came out and were disappointed and communication was not on par, but we do not know all the goings on behind the scene's, they must have had their reasons and the band's safety is the most important thing

• Like 4

Fans came as extras to a video shoot for Everglow, holding miracle candles during an ice dance

Coldplay did not show up, the band's Management canceled it for safety reasons

Fans were disappointed, bad mood spreae after it became clear that the band would not come. Additionally, there was just water and no food available.

Many fans came a long way

Some fans tried to take photos/Videos and got thrown out

The audience has been instructed not to leak anything to social media

Thanks so much for this - appreciated.

• Like 1

I found this video and article about the video shooting (it's in German)

https://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/Eiskalt-aber-schoen-Coldplay-Dreh-in-Hannover,coldplay712.html

To cut it short, the band didn't come because Chris slept til noon on shooting day and was late.

Since I really like Chris I can't bring myself to hate him for that HAHAH. Also, sleep is one of my favourite activities, so I cannot blame him :wacky:

But I still dislike the general clickbait character of that event.

• Like 5

To cut it short, the band didn't come because Chris slept til noon on shooting day and was late.

Since I really like Chris I can't bring myself to hate him for that HAHAH. Also, sleep is one of my favourite activities, so I cannot blame him :wacky:

I'm happy to hear he is sleeping, considering how sleep was always such a problem for Chris.

• Like 7

"Safety considerations" - LOL, Managementspeak in its prime.... :D

I smelled bullshit the first time I heard that :lol:

Because Coldplay fans tend to get violent during photoshoots

my ass

• Like 4

Why have they piled their plate so high during a hectic world tour? I don't understand. There are two week breaks coming up when surely it would be better to do some other work when they have caught up with sleep?

Surely it's in everyone's interests for Chris to have a good night's sleep and not be pressurised into leaping around after a mad concert?!

[emoji134] I despair

• Like 1