✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-6-4] Coldplay to perform at One Love Manchester Benefit Concert

i thought he did during Don't Look Back In Anger

he did. right before the guitar solo. and will got a shoutout during viva drum reference.

seriously though, time to eat my hat.. didn't think i'd ever see liam on the same stage with chris!

• Like 2

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole show. What a beautiful thing to happen. No matter what your opinion on the music - I thought all performers did a wonderful job. Ariana is a very strong woman. :heart:

Liam next to the "geography teacher" and his "beyond shit" looking bandmate in front of their "boring and ugly" fans. I guess love can truly conquer hate. :laughing: (Gotta love Liam even for his insults.)

Haa. Yeah, maybe Liam says it only to stir the pot. Maybe he really thinks so. But either way, it's big of him to put it aside to lend a hand for the sake of the concert.

• Like 1

After tonight I REALLY hope Something Just Like This on the Kaleidoscope EP will be more like the live version. It's still nowhere near top Coldplay material, but the song sounds so much better with Jonny's guitar instead of the electronic Chainsmokers sounds in the instrumental choruses

• Like 1

Liam next to the "geography teacher" and his "beyond shit" looking bandmate in front of their "boring and ugly" fans. I guess love can truly conquer hate. :laughing: (Gotta love Liam even for his insults.)

Chris certainly thought "don't look back in anger"[emoji3][emoji3]

• Like 1

Chris' falsetto nearly ruined a special moment on Live Forever... I hate that they reduce the whole band to only Chris (that's the member of the group I like the least, just sayin'), but I loved how they covered Oasis' material during the show. They're always the best cover band in the world, if only they remembered how to produce great songs like years ago...

Chris' falsetto nearly ruined a special moment on Live Forever... I hate that they reduce the whole band to only Chris (that's the member of the group I like the least, just sayin'), but I loved how they covered Oasis' material during the show. They're always the best cover band in the world, if only they remembered how to produce great songs like years ago...

He only sang it how Noel did on the original?

• Like 1

I hate that they reduce the whole band to only Chris (that's the member of the group I like the least, just sayin')

I think they were going for a more low-key, intimate vibe, than the album boom-bastic version. Again, didn't mind it. I'm not about to rip them for doing this gig for charity.

(that's the member of the group I like the least, just sayin')

hmmm.. i don't think they were catering specifically for you ;)

anyway, the whole show was done very poignantly. respect for arianna for an amazing concert done so well.

hmmm.. i don't think they were catering specifically for you ;)

Yeah, I mean, we can't please everyone (and clearly they don't!). But lets be real, at a moment like this, most will want to see Chris as he's the most recognizable face.

Yeah, I mean, we can't please everyone (and clearly they don't!). But lets be real, at a moment like this, most will want to see Chris as he's the most recognizable face.

yeah, they have said that the band put the song/emotion above individuals. also it's what the rest of the band wished for too. to remain off the limelight and let chris take on. to me it seems like they are happy with the band dynamics. from the band's perspective they are equals and a democracy. may not come across as that to the public. but the band have said before they are ok with that. these questions have been thrown at the band at least for more than a decade.

• Like 1

This interview was today after Liam performed at Pinkpop Festival in The Netherlands.

From 1:29 the interviewer asked how the whole Manchester thing came about, Chris calling them and then Liam stated that Coldplay have never sounded so good, ''they sound so f*cking really good'' and that they are really nice and Chris is cool haha. So Liam has turned a full 360 on Coldplay!

• Like 4

This interview was today after Liam performed at Pinkpop Festival in The Netherlands.

From 1:29 the interviewer asked how the whole Manchester thing came about, Chris calling them and then Liam stated that Coldplay have never sounded so good, ''they sound so f*cking really good'' and that they are really nice and Chris is cool haha. So Liam has turned a full 360 on Coldplay!

Wow, so does that mean that we, Coldplayers, are not "boring and ugly" anymore? :D

• Like 1

but if Chris is cool... and Chris says that Coldplayers are actually the best people in the world and the best looking people in the world, then shouldn't we just take his word for it instead? ;) :p

Chris can be cool and wrong :/