✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Miracles (Someone Special) ft. Big Sean

AMDB9

Wait, did it not get shifted back to Sunday? I remember talking about it in the KEP thread, and I was one of the ones who got an email from iTunes. But @coldplaykb is right that it wouldn't make any sense to release the last song tomorrow and the full EP two days later . . .

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON

Yeah I'm not sure why the extra 2 days, but it's better then an entire week! If it doesn't end up releasing tomorrow, then hopefully someone records the radio broadcast so we can atleast get the studio version of Miracles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited to listen to it until now, and it is really good! It definitely sounds like You Are Young by Keane during the chorus.

Big Sean sounds good. If you dont listen to the rap verse, his voice sounds like an instrument.

Btw, are 401k's a thing in parts of the world other than the USA because I feel like many people won't know what that is haha.

• Like 1

hmm, dont mind the rap so much now.

Will's backup vocals make it to the mix

Guitar sounds a bit like the verse guitar part of Adventure of a Lifetime

Seems a bit slower tempo than live? Anyone else think? Wish it was faster, but maybe because im used to the live faster one now?

Why didn't they just call the song Someone Special?

Because then all the fans would think they replaced Miracles 2 with some other song. Then, dare I say it, Miracles 2 would become the next

Car Kids

• Like 2

I like it. I actually don't mind Big Sean's part at all. Maybe it helped that I had such low expectations for it. Totally love Will's vocals on it, hope they translate well to the studio version.

Overall, this proves Coldplay can still make poppy songs without sounding lazy or uninspired. Funny to have a song exactly like that on the same EP (SJLT)

I agree with all of this. I listened to a few seconds of the live recording but made myself wait until now. I actually really dig it. It blends well and sounds very fresh while still be 'pop'. Well done, Coldplay.

• Like 1

Honestly, each song explores something different and Miracles feels like another piece of new instrumentation as Aliens was ! I love the beats, made me think of Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About at some parts !

Rapping on a Coldplay song must be really hard but i appreciate it too, it doesn't seem too poppy or radio-friendly and his flow is quite unusual !

That's a really good EP mates.

• Like 2

Interesting song as expected after listening to the live version. But IMO the first 1:30 sounded way better live, i dont really like the intro and Chris singing at the beginning. It flows better with Jonny's guitar parts, which are quite amazing (as always).

Well, a bit disappointing. Still a great chorus and melody. Love the funky guitar in the verses--but for me, its so close to being one of my favorite Coldplay songs if it just wasn't for throbbing bass. This era they seem to think that big bass tones can propel a song rather than layered strings, guitar and synths like on older albums. The true, organic beauty of the live performance is lost here.

The live version's guitar was amazing at the intro and outro? not in the mix.

Chris' voice was incredibly passionate live voice? lost in the mix.

Will's incredible live backup vocals? drowned out by the mix.

The gorgeous swelling synths/strings during the chorus? drowned out by the mix.

Wasn't Davide Rossi supposed to be featured on this track? Anybody hear strings or anything? Seems like shoddy production if you ask me. I look forward to a Coldplayer Edit that turns the bass down a little bit so those strings are more audible. :kissing:

• Like 1

Well, a bit disappointing. Still a great chorus and melody. Love the funky guitar in the verses--but for me, its so close to being one of my favorite Coldplay songs if it just wasn't for throbbing bass. This era they seem to think that big bass tones can propel a song rather than layered strings, guitar and synths like on older albums. The true, organic beauty of the live performance is lost here.

Wasn't Davide Rossi supposed to be featured on this track? Anybody hear strings or anything? Seems like shoddy production if you ask me. I look forward to a Coldplayer Edit that turns the bass down a little bit so those strings are more audible. :kissing:

Its literally so clear. Intro and outro are strings mixed with synthesizers.

You guys need to remember that this is an r&b song, not your typical "soaring anthemic" coldplay single. Its radio-friendly. You were tricked from the live version. Its a groove-based track.

Note: I'll add guitars in the mix if anyone is willing to actually record them for me. The "Kaleidoscope Dreams" project I've got going on will add the guitars for you guys if I could get some guitar recordings ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Maybe that's the problem I'm having with this song because honestly this version is probably in my bottom 10 of Coldplay songs. It just sounds so flat and lifeless, and I guess that's because it actually sounds fairly different from the live version we heard first?

Something about it just rubs me the wrong way, which is a shame because it is rather different for a Coldplay song and I genuinely like all the other songs on the EP. Maybe I just don't like r&b :laughing:

• Like 1

Its literally so clear. Intro and outro are strings mixed with synthesizers.

You guys need to remember that this is an r&b song, not your typical "soaring anthemic" coldplay single. Its radio-friendly. You were tricked from the live version. Its a groove-based track.

Note: I'll add guitars in the mix if anyone is willing to actually record them for me. The "Kaleidoscope Dreams" project I've got going on will add the guitars for you guys if I could get some guitar recordings ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love an edit like that! You do great on all of them! And yeah, I guess its just a preference thing. This song is damn groovy, which I love, but I guess I am too much of a sucker for the soaring strings that are up front. A better pair of earbuds would also help!

• Like 1