✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Miracles (Someone Special) ft. Big Sean

AMDB9

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, listened to it and it's more like Miracles (Nothing Special) to me :joy:

Generic synth-heavy R&B song imho. The beginning with those background sound noises already reminded me unpleasantly of the chopped-up background vocals on AOAL and Army of One, and thus the production style of AHFOD. I don't actually mind the rap part to be honest, it doesn't make the song better or worse. But all in all very generic 'inspirational' lyrics like I feel have been done a million times in pop music already.The whole thing falls flat to me...

• Like 1

Its literally so clear. Intro and outro are strings mixed with synthesizers.

You guys need to remember that this is an r&b song, not your typical "soaring anthemic" coldplay single. Its radio-friendly. You were tricked from the live version. Its a groove-based track.

Note: I'll add guitars in the mix if anyone is willing to actually record them for me. The "Kaleidoscope Dreams" project I've got going on will add the guitars for you guys if I could get some guitar recordings ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ay, if you ever need some drums for any of your CP let me know. I'm working on a remaster of my remaster of AHFOD too

• Like 1

Oh dear, listened to it and it's more like Miracles (Nothing Special) to me :joy:

Generic synth-heavy R&B song imho. I don't actually mind the rap part to be honest, it doesn't make the song better or worse. The whole thing falls flat to me...

What I am glad about is that its a pretty decent radio-worthy song. We've been getting generic tropical-influenced nonsense on the Hot 100 and this song in comparison is a refresher. We havent had that many "inspiring" r&b songs in a while and Im glad they brought it back.

• Like 1

While Coldplay get into this poppy songs or radio-frindely direction still they make an unique , different kind of Pop songs even For AHFOD .. there's different of what Coldplay writing and what you hear 99% of the Songs in the radio .. i love the message that band keep sending it .. we live in a world were songs about Money , Girls bodies are the Most popular one .. i barely forget when the last time i heard a song in the radio were someone tell me i can be Special

i really love this song .. can't keep Jonny's guitar parts out of my head ..

the fact that this one is a Single meaning that the band might be keep digging into this style in the future .. who know ? i hope they back to their roots but i don't mind the unique pop songs that Chris keep writing !

• Like 1

Just listened to it. I definitely need to listen to it more than once but anyway, this is my first impression:

So, I was really not hoping for much as it seemed to be going in the pop direction, but honestly, I'm not at all disappointed. It's no where near my favourite Coldplay songs (comprised of over a hundred songs), but I wouldn't call it a bad song, in my opinion. In other words, I wouldn't mind listening to it at all.

However, now that I've heard all of the EP songs, I'm going down a spiral of post-release-depression even though I'm already falling down the spiral of post-concert-depression. Good for me. Imma have to listen to some soothing Coldplay songs now, see ya. :sob::x&y::parachutes::mylo::heart::weary_face:

• Like 1

I really like this one too, but I'm a bit disappointed that Will's backing vocals are barely hearable, so I think I prefer the live version (which I do in almost every Coldplay song :joy:). Lyrics sound great and a happy/uplifting song!

• Like 1

so i heard this song for the first time last night as i listened to the whole ep and it just blew me away :heart_eyes: maybe because i didn't really have expectations for the song (low or high) so when it came on i was just like... yes... this is so great...

i know for whatever reason people here don't necessarily like r&b so much, but i do love this kind of music and i think this song is just A+

i haven't listened to the live performance yet, though, so i guess that's up next for me

Why didn't they just call the song Someone Special?

i was thinking the same thing - and even lyrically, you could consider it more of a second part to AOAL rather than Miracles :p

This era they seem to think that big bass tones can propel a song rather than layered strings, guitar and synths like on older albums.

aww, why does everyone hate Guy? :sob::p

Its literally so clear. Intro and outro are strings mixed with synthesizers.

You guys need to remember that this is an r&b song, not your typical "soaring anthemic" coldplay single. Its radio-friendly. You were tricked from the live version. Its a groove-based track.

i was thinking that, aren't the strings the very first thing in the song? :p

it still feels anthemic to me

Is it just me on Spotify, or does every time this song play, two little pauses occur at the beginning?

isn't that just part of the song? do you mean like how it plays, cuts out, plays, cuts out, plays...

• Like 1

very different. love the BTTF sample in it, and Big Sean's verses aren't too shabby. But overall CP come out the standouts on this, Jonny adding some nice licks and Chris' acoustic blends so well with the mood of the song.

In my opinion, this is what Miracles (the original song) SHOULD have sounded like.

I am VERY surprised.

Anyone think they have the lyrics figured out?

going off of what @Miha posted earlier in the thread, with what i hear in the studio version

My father said never give up son

Just look how good Cassius become

Mohammed, Mahatma, and Nelson

Not scared to be strong

"I mean, what if they say I'm no good? What if they say, 'Get out of here kid! You got no future.' ?"

Now you could run and just say, "They're right!"

No, I'll never be no one in my whole life

Or you could turn see the way they're wrong (?)

And get to keep on dancing all life long

My father said never give up son

Just look what Amelia and Joan done

Or Rosa, Teresa, their war won

Not scared to be strong

Now you could run and just say, "They're right!"

No, I'll never be no one in my whole life

Or you could turn see the way they're wrong(?)

And get to keep on dancing all life long

Yeah, you could be someone special

You've got (pride?) in your brains

And like lead in your veins (?)

You'll go higher than they've ever gone

In you I see someone special

You've got fire in your eyes

And when you realize, you'll go further

Than we've ever gone (BS: Look)

Just turn it on

BS:

I paid(?) my intuition, I couldn't afford tuition

My funds was insufficient, it felt like I'm in prison

Until I realized I had to set my mind free

I was trusting statistics more than I trust me

Get a degree, good job, 401k

But I'm tryina turn k's to m's, what does it take?

And maybe I could be the new Ali

Of music prolly

Instead of doing it just as a hobby

Like these boys told me to

I guess you either watch the show or you show and prove

Prove it to them or you prove it to yourself

But honestly it's better if you do it for yourself

Never complacent til we hit the oasis

Run like the (?), feel my heart racing

Success, I taste it, ah, we on the verge

Of getting every single thing that we deserve

CM: