[Verse 1: Chris Martin]

My father said never give up son

Just look how good Cassius had become

Mohammed, Mahatma, and Nelson

Not scared to be strong

[Pre-Chorus: Chris Martin]

Now you could come and just say "I'm right"

Or never be no one..........(?)

Or you could come and see the wind that blows (?)

But if you keep on dancing all night long

[Verse 2: Chris Martin]

My father said never give up son

Just look how the ............(?)

Or [?]

Not scared to let trouble (?)

[Pre-Chorus: Chris Martin]

Now you could go to see me right

Or never be known [?]

Or you could go [?]

Keep on dancing all night long

Yeah you could be

[Chorus: Chris Martin]

Yeah, you could be, someone special

Feels like burning and [?]

Someone special

[?]

Feels like burning and [?]

Haha just gave up after half distance. It's just too indistinguashable to hear anything.

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I am the only one who hears "Keep on dancing all life long"...

Also I don't know if my listening skills in English are very bad or it's Chris' fault... I barely understand a few words :joy:

Also those Will vocals in the end sound so good, I always get so hyped when I hear Will singing :D

I can't stop listening to the last chorus :heart_eyes: Will's backing vocals are so beautiful and amazing sounding

Same here! :yum

• Like 2

Now you all know i'm extremely positively biased when it comes to Coldplay music but myohmy I LOVE IT! I'm honestly really surprised, I didn't expect it to hit me like that but wow! I love it! It's very promising.

I had a quite difficult night out yesterday which resulted in me being super drunk and super sad about myself. Like, really, really down. I woke up suddenly at around 6am and saw that the song had been played and listened to it. And i was shocked because even if i can't figure out all the lyrics properly, i can feel that for once these days, it's not another song about a love story, it's about finding strength within yourself. And they played it that night. Coldplay's timing is always incredibly good for me haha! I played it twice in a row and I just, really, I just really really feel grateful for this song already. I really needed it ? At that moment too?

Chris has some kind of weird psyche thing going on i tell you!

• Like 9

Frig, im listening to it more and more now that the 4K version has appeared and i'm liking it more and more as well.

Don't think the rap adds anything to the song tho. Damn that guitar/bass work and Will on backup.

The more I listen the more I love.

Solid mix between army of one and ink for me. Definitely similar to the live version of army of one. Man I hope they keep the outro they performed live. That last 30 secs is almost my fav part of the track.

I don't know if I am the only one who hears "Keep on dancing all life long"...

Also I don't know if my listening skills in English are very bad or it's Chris' fault... I barely understand a few words :joy:

Almost positive he is saying "all life long". Definitely an "f" sound there.

• Like 1

I like it. I actually don't mind Big Sean's part at all. Maybe it helped that I had such low expectations for it. Totally love Will's vocals on it, hope they translate well to the studio version.

Overall, this proves Coldplay can still make poppy songs without sounding lazy or uninspired. Funny to have a song exactly like that on the same EP (SJLT)

• Like 1

I didn't listen the song and try to wait til' next friday[emoji12][emoji12]

Is there any link with Miracles n°1 or do the songs only share the same title ?

Only the title, so different, at least for me.

yeah, i kid, but i was really planning on making an edit, not out of hate of the rap part, but more out of curiosity of how it sounds. A poster argued that without the rap, the song would be boring, so I thought i'd test that theory.

• Like 2

Doesn't sound too shabby. And yeah I hear a U2 pulse in there for some reason even though it's pop heavy. I appreciate that they've put some more spirited vigor onto this EP in my opinion. You can really wonder what goes through their heads when they make this, as opposed to other pop songs in other albums *cough*. Certainly the band hasn't grown in making more and more complex songs, maybe with the exception of A L I E N S, but I can appreciate the fact that they seem more confident in themselves and their abilities. It seems evident especially in Guy's bass in the fact that you can hear it more now maybe more than ever, like there's more of a balanced effort instrument wise, then again I don't know about his confidence in his own playing in the past

• Like 1

It seems evident especially in Guy's bass in the fact that you can hear it more now maybe more than ever, like there's more of a balanced effort instrument wise, then again I don't know about his confidence in his own playing in the past

I would say the bass stood out from Ghost Stories up until the present. And I would also like to add that Will has loads of different drum beats as well so I don't mind the use of electronic drums (although the real thing is superior imo). Seems like the rhythm department has been upgraded whatsoever. Yeah, you could definitely identify each of their instruments now in a song.

• Like 2

isnt 14 right? or did they OFFICIALLY switch to 16? I know a few preorderers got an email...im so confused rn

Wait, did it not get shifted back to Sunday? I remember talking about it in the KEP thread, and I was one of the ones who got an email from iTunes. But @coldplaykb is right that it wouldn't make any sense to release the last song tomorrow and the full EP two days later . . .

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON