✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What was the first Coldplay song did you ever hear?

karvi22

And how did you discover it? Do you remember?

In my case the first song I ever heard was Clocks. Spanish local TV used the song for an advertisement. The funny thing is I only knew it was a Coldplay song a few months later... I only had 7 years old back then haha

• Like 5

I think it was Clocks. I am always searching for songs to cover with my piano. I was looking for something piano friendly and one day around 2011 my father told me to check out this band and he showed me Clocks. I am sure I had heard most of their hits on the radio but i never noticed anything. Then Paradise became one of my favourite songs but I felt nothing more for the band. Then in the pre-AHFOD hype I became a real fan and now I am an expert.

---------------------------------------

फृआगइआष

• Like 1

So I remember when I was a kid, I used to listen to a local radio station in my town, where some people used to bring their CDs and favourite music in general to be played on there. At that time, my knowledge of English was to count from 1 to 10 and say 'Hello', but I fell in love with a special, beautiful song that helped me to sleep at night (when it was usually played) and I enjoyed so much - even though I didn't understand a word. It was See You Soon.

Now I realise that I want to meet the man that brought the song, he first introduced me to Coldplay! :joy:

• Like 3

My first love was the scientist, it was an afternoon after school in my living room, I always looked at a mtv program! Immediately I did a search on them and I fell in love to don't panic and yellow! Since than coldplay have never disappointed me and they Are every day in my life [emoji18]

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was 9. I was sitting in my dad's car. We were in the parking lot somewhere, probably the store. I heard this song that had this really good riff. I never forget that moment. It was Clocks...around the time the album came out or months after and they were heavily on the radio.

I didn't really get hardcore into them till years later, in high school during MX. Although over the years, I knew when they had came out with a new album or when they were in town. I wish I took more notice. I would have loved to go to the concerts then. X&Y and VLV. I didn't get to go to MX tour since I didn't have enough money to go. I was in high school, super bummed. 4 years later, AHFOD, saw them. AMAZING.

• Like 2

I was 9. I was sitting in my dad's car. We were in the parking lot somewhere, probably the store. I heard this song that had this really good riff. I never forget that moment. It was Clocks...around the time the album came out or months after and they were heavily on the radio.

I didn't really get hardcore into them till years later, in high school during MX. Although over the years, I knew when they had came out with a new album or when they were in town. I wish I took more notice. I would have loved to go to the concerts then. X&Y and VLV. I didn't get to go to MX tour since I didn't have enough money to go. I was in high school, super bummed. 4 years later, AHFOD, saw them. AMAZING.

My story is similar to yours. I knew their music during so many years but never cared enough, or didn't have enough money/time to go to see them. They came a lot of times to my city but sadly I didn't go to any concert... until finally got to see them in AHFOD's tour and it was the best feeling ever :)

Speed of Sound.

I watched the music video on MTV once when i was like 15 without knowing them.

Two super-recognizable things about it: 1. the music video itself with those dancing lights + 2. Clocks riff (they're similar after all).

I couldn't forget about the music video & that catchy tone over the years, then i discovered the band in viva era thx to MTV again and become a coldplayer.

• Like 2

VLV in my case, but not until 2012. I listened to harder rock music back then and barely knew who CP was. My usual hard rock radio station played VLV and it just gripped me. As soon as I got home I googled, "Who sings 'that was when I ruled the world?" and luckily I got pointed in the right direction. I bought that CD and liked Violet Hill and Cemeteries of London but wasn't sure about the rest of that album. Then one day my kids were watching the cartoon movie "The Wild" and my ears picked up on Clocks. I instantly realized it sounded like a CP song but didn't recognize it. Loved it though!!! That's when I became a mega fan and the rest is history. And yes, I got to liking those other VLV album songs too. ;)

And BTW, my kids are budding Coldplayers now too. I'm raising them right!!

• Like 1