✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

MickCas

Well, the truth is that it is quite exciting to know that they are going to release an album with live shows.

To me personally what I do not like is the setlist they have chosen, they have left very good songs outside. In the end it is a record full of hits and to me personally that gives me some laziness. Why have not Lovers in Japan or Politik been involved?

I hope they get more live albums or songs from other cities like France or Milan. Having a good live version of Miracles would be wonderful.

Because they generally leave their good (old) songs off everything ? :D No really, I mean, even one of the best songs from AHFOD (Amazing Day) that was a standard in the 2016 tour was left off, I'm so disappointed.

And yes, of course this is thrilling for the fans in LatAm who had no MX Tour and everything...but they should have incorporated mixes from around the world like they planned (and like they TOLD crowds in Paris, Tokyo, Milan, Kansas City among others)

Although, and that is quite interesting, a frame by frame analysis by ColdplayXtra revealed that they snuck in shots of other locations:

[MEDIA=twitter]1053027446528856064[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplayxtra/status/1053027446528856064

• Like 4

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now... which one to choose? Lol.

Honestly, for me it's none of them. I'll wait until it's out in regular shops. The Coldplay store (aka Live Nation Merchandising) has the worst international shipping rates I know, and is also the only online store I know which INCREASES shipping costs the more stuff you buy and doesn't offer free shipping even if you buy several hundreds worth of merchandise ! This is such a rip-off :expressionless: Never ordered from them and never will, unless they introduce reasonable shipping rates in the future.

• Like 4

Honestly, for me it's none of them. I'll wait until it's out in regular shops. The Coldplay store (aka Live Nation Merchandising) has the worst international shipping rates I know, and is also the only online store I know which INCREASES shipping costs the more stuff you buy and doesn't offer free shipping even if you buy several hundreds worth of merchandise ! This is such a rip-off :expressionless: Never ordered from them and never will, unless they introduce reasonable shipping rates in the future.
Yeah that's a very good point. Live Nation is pretty terrible, and I never noticed the shipping thing before. I already placed by my order, but I think it will be the last time I order from them.

Plus I'm not sure if it's them in charge of the design of the store site, but it's really not that good. It bugs out on me all the time and just feels really clunky.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, I'm kind of disappointed as well about the lack of Amazing Day and the fact that despite it being announced in multiple places (Paris, Milan, Tokyo etc.) that they were filming, all of this was scrapped :(

About old and rare songs, I never expected any !

What do you guys think about the VLV video ? Vocals too prominent in the mix and too 'clean'-sounding (too polished) imho. And the cuts are very jumpy...

Yes, was thinking this exact same thing. The video tries to do way too much. Plus like the crowd noise changes volume at weird points? And there are too many cuts overall. It feels like we see Chris for like 10 seconds lol.

Also the only downside to picking these concerts for the CD and DVD are that it sounds like Chris' vocals were strained at this point in the tour.

• Like 1

Yes, was thinking this exact same thing. The video tries to do way too much. Plus like the crowd noise changes volume at weird points? And there are too many cuts overall. It feels like we see Chris for like 10 seconds lol.

Also the only downside to picking these concerts for the CD and DVD are that it sounds like Chris' vocals were strained at this point in the tour.

Yeah I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. It seemed weird to have the audience fade in and out.

And yeah, Chris was definitely strained a bit. I'm really curious how they are going to edit Clocks. They have to make sure they make the perfect cuts lol.

• Like 2

About Clocks, I also wondered...now that they have two live concerts in the same package that were both lip-synced, aren't those who haven't noticed by now gonna notice the vocals are the same ?

Or did Coldplay cheat and substitute the vocals on one of these concerts with another take by Chris, so that they don't sound exactly the same ?

• Like 5

About Clocks, I also wondered...now that they have two live concerts in the same package that were both lip-synced, aren't those who haven't noticed by now gonna notice the vocals are the same ?

Or did Coldplay cheat and substitute the vocals on one of these concerts with another take by Chris, so that they don't sound exactly the same ?

That's an excellent point I hadn't thought of. That will be very interesting to see!

• Like 1

172AEBB7-EE84-4A29-B079-A1499FF78E32.thumb.png.c96185f82fd232455eb854e17d091d12.png I notice that the Viva la Vida - Live in São Paulo has fleeting shots of the flower of life screens positioned vertically, which I believe is from Wembley 2016 live show.

I like how the tetris pieces (I know it’s actuallu a code I forgot it’s name though) from X & Y artwork has been shoved into a basket next to the poppies from Prospekts March interlude track Poppyfeilds!

C169F5A2-3496-48C3-BB21-FB62D6D75217.jpeg.1b8651207c3d6224666c272a7de79806.jpeg

• Like 3

And another thought. I watched the VLV video again and when you pay attention it's really obvious how often Chris's flag changes between different shots (Brasilian, Love Button Flag, French flag, some flag with a lot of red)

Yeah it's definitely cut from a lot of different shows. Maybe they should have just called it Live 2017.

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]7979[/ATTACH] I notice that the Viva la Vida - Live in São Paulo has fleeting shots of the flower of life screens positioned vertically, which I believe is from Wembley 2016 live show.

I like how the tetris pieces (I know it’s actuallu a code I forgot it’s name though) from X & Y artwork has been shoved into a basket next to the poppies from Prospekts March interlude track Poppyfeilds!

[ATTACH=full]7980[/ATTACH]

Is it any coincidence that the only X&Y reference is of the Baudot code being torn apart in a basket? :joy:

It feels like the other AHFOD movie thread with 40+ pages was more geared towards the anticipation of the live album/cd whereas the documentary film stuff is maybe deserving of its own separate thread. Not that it matters, just a thought (mods).
Yeah, I don't really have the time to click a check-box on hundreds of posts to move them here. I already have a note in the first post of this thread saying to go to the other thread if you are really interested in reading all of that speculation.
  • Like 2

Yeah, I don't really have the time to click a check-box on hundreds of posts to move them here. I already have a note in the first post of this thread saying to go to the other thread if you are really interested in reading all of that speculation.

I was saying like keep the 30 pages of "Live album in November" stuff and Butterfly Package stuff in one thread (since the Butterfly thing is what we were really speculating about for a year), and just take out the AHFOD documentary news from last week into another thread (since that was kind of a surprise). But again, doesn't really matter lol.

Thanks for all your work for the rest of us fans.

• Like 3

So they will also release an exclusive Japan live album (which also explains the "Love in Tokyo" merch on the shop):

https://wmg.jp/coldplay/discography/20164/

Too bad All I Can Think About Is You is not on it !

Why would you want that? You don't want 4 different live versions of SJLT? /s

But seriously if they are releasing a Live in Tokyo as well, why not include AICTAIY?!

• Like 2

LIVE 2012 was on BLURAY (and that was 6! years ago), LIVE 2014 was on BLURAY ... and this not?

COME ON! IT'S 2018.

And 2012 was filmed with something that made it look grainy.

I'd like to think a Bluray is still coming but I feel like they would want that out before Christmas...

• Like 2