✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

MickCas

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yayayayayayay I love it when Coldplay have been releasing something every Friday!

Fix You (Live in Buenos Aires) was the first release that I listened too today and overall it is not bad, I like how it starts off with the Beyonce line and strings. The all important midnight sample is in the background too and does not drown out vocals. Music itself is played great and crowd echoing the chorus is fantastic yet the one thing letting the track down is Chris using a tad too much espanõl (or Portuguese I’m not 100% sure) in the breaks between lyrics which although is a nice touch for the Argentinian crowd it ruins the flow of the song, and I don’t understand what he is actually saying but I can gather the vibe though. It should’ve been used a little bit less in my opinion.

7/10

Fix You (Live in São Paulo) on the other hand is perfection. The quality is crisp and the camerawork matches the flow of the song - only quick cuts are used when at the songs crescendo. I will be watching this countless times until it’s tatooed in my brain LOL. I’m not sure if snaps from other counties are used like Paris for example but I’m sure the rest of you will pick it up.

10/10

• Like 2

Yayayayayayay I love it when Coldplay have been releasing something every Friday!

Fix You (Live in Buenos Aires) was the first release that I listened too today and overall it is not bad, I like how it starts off with the Beyonce line and strings. The all important midnight sample is in the background too and does not drown out vocals. Music itself is played great and crowd echoing the chorus is fantastic yet the one thing letting the track down is Chris using a tad too much espanõl (or Portuguese I’m not 100% sure) in the breaks between lyrics which although is a nice touch for the Argentinian crowd it ruins the flow of the song, and I don’t understand what he is actually saying but I can gather the vibe though. It should’ve been used a little bit less in my opinion.

7/10

Fix You (Live in São Paulo) on the other hand is perfection. The quality is crisp and the camerawork matches the flow of the song - only quick cuts are used when at the songs crescendo. I will be watching this countless times until it’s tatooed in my brain LOL. I’m not sure if snaps from other counties are used like Paris for example but I’m sure the rest of you will pick it up.

10/10

I agree with you in everything.

Just a tiny note:

Buenos Aires is Argentina = Spanish

São Paulo is Brazil = Portuguese

• Like 3

Thinking again regarding the Blu-ray... It's funny how Live 2012 was shot with this grainy effect but was still released on a Blu-ray, and now we have Live 2017 which looks pretty crisp and no Blu-ray release. I don't get it lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone bought any of the new merchandise? I just pre ordered the butterfly and love in Tokyo shirts. I thought they were so cute.
I was going to get the Butterfly shirt but decided to get the lithograph instead. Thought it would look great on the wall!

• Like 1

Sad the youtube Fix You in Sao Palo is missing the strings in the intro, but it's nice otherwise! Yay new stuff!!

Re natural-ness: these two videos have a bit of the same as what they did in Live 2012, which is a lot of slow motion cuts in between normal-cuts. Less of that in this, but still some. I don't mind it, since if I want a "natural" concert video I can go watch people's (outrageously high quality) phone recordings or other televised concerts. In fact it's more artistic and feels unique, so I like it! But it is less natural. :p

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So per Coldplay's latest tweet, we know that Live in São Paulo will get an HD release on iTunes, at least. Still, a Blu-Ray version would be nice, which would be in a less compressed video format, and of which the copy-protection could be stripped without transcoding (I think).

• Like 2

That's freaking dumb.... GIVE ME THE 10 EXTRA MINUTES OR I'M QUTTING COLDPLAY... jk their music saved me...I just want the extra minutes of their awesomeness.... I also want the post credit scene in the DVD release.... or I'm going to be pissed.

• Like 2

That's freaking dumb.... GIVE ME THE 10 EXTRA MINUTES OR I'M QUTTING COLDPLAY... jk their music saved me...I just want the extra minutes of their awesomeness.... I also want the post credit scene in the DVD release.... or I'm going to be pissed.
Phil already confirmed it won't be but he said they will put it up on Coldplay.com sometime soon.

• Like 2

Thinking again regarding the Blu-ray... It's funny how Live 2012 was shot with this grainy effect but was still released on a Blu-ray, and now we have Live 2017 which looks pretty crisp and no Blu-ray release. I don't get it lol.

I think digital iTunes release will be "Bluray" release

• Like 2