✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

MickCas

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 questions.

1 - Why have they excluded Amazing Day from the live concert?

2 - Why have they excluded Life is Beautiful from the live concert?

I also wonder why they started playing God Put a Smile upon Your Face instead of Birds at many concerts?

I have 2 questions.

1 - Why have they excluded Amazing Day from the live concert?

2 - Why have they excluded Life is Beautiful from the live concert?

I also wonder why they started playing God Put a Smile upon Your Face instead of Birds at many concerts?

We all know Life is Beautiful is a bit of a mystery (maybe it was just a phase Chris was having), but the 2017 live versions of GPASUYF are mint! I would much rather have this one over Birds in the live CD, even though it’s never been on as CD or music streaming before.

Amazing Day and Heroes lasted til about the start of the Asia tour where SJLT replaced Amazing Day. I would very much like to see the Heroes cover on a live release. Jonny’s guitar is delicious in this, Guys bass is wonderfully accentuated and the clicking intro (midnight key pitched??) is cool.

• Like 2

The tracklisting for the cd has been updated on the Japanese version. They've changed Birds to God Put a Smile upon Your Face unfortunately.

Thanks for the update, @driftaguy! I’m somehow sad, but also somehow relieved that I don’t have to buy the Japanese version anymore... :) Just buying the three different releases (make that four, adding “Love in Tokyo” in) is already expensive. So, this is somewhat of an okay news for me! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, @driftaguy! I’m somehow sad, but also somehow relieved that I don’t have to buy the Japanese version anymore... :) Just buying the three different releases (make that four, adding “Love in Tokyo” in) is already expensive. So, this is somewhat of an okay news for me! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me the three releases you are referring to please? Thanks.

So is the only HD version going to be on iTunes? If so I am afraid I am going to have to find a rip somewhere :(

It's a shame because I would throw more money at a Blu-ray release. They are not really giving me a choice unfortunately. I don't feel that bad though because I have purchased the DVD. I will just watch the bonus features though and nothing else.

• Like 1

Then I still wonder what Rik was talking about:

In the year since Simpson finished Coldplay’s last album, he has been working with several new artists, as well as completing Coldplay live mixes. “I’m currently doing a 5.1 mix of a stadium show the band did in Chicago and there’s no other software that I could be doing this in as fluidly and efficiently...

Source https://www.avid.com/customer-stories/rik-simpson?utm_campaign=Rik-Simpson&utm_medium=organicsocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1528925390

• Like 1

Then I still wonder what Rik was talking about:

In the year since Simpson finished Coldplay’s last album, he has been working with several new artists, as well as completing Coldplay live mixes. “I’m currently doing a 5.1 mix of a stadium show the band did in Chicago and there’s no other software that I could be doing this in as fluidly and efficiently...

Source https://www.avid.com/customer-stories/rik-simpson?utm_campaign=Rik-Simpson&utm_medium=organicsocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1528925390

Was that the show that was broadcasted on VR?

• Like 2

Sooooooo. I ordered and received today the limited edition of the Butterfly Package Lithograph. This was according to the store on the website meant to be

'A strictly limited edition collectible individually numbered (1/500) lithograph'

So imagine my dismay when I receive it today. No number anyway telling me which of the 500 mine is. I have emailed Live Nation to ask why this is but am I being optimistic in expecting a sensible reply??

• Like 1

Holy shit the visuals! But damn the editing, the longest shot must be what? 3 seconds? Lots of visual effects on top of it as well... I just want to enjoy the scenes, but before your eyes register them it's cut to another shot. It's great, but tiring to watch!

• Like 5

Holy shit the visuals! But damn the editing, the longest shot must be what? 3 seconds? Lots of visual effects on top of it as well... I just want to enjoy the scenes, but before your eyes register them it's cut to another shot. It's great, but tiring to watch!

It is very flashy indeed.

And what is that noise at 3:02 ???

Just listening to the preview of AHFOD @ Live in Buenos Aires via Apple Music. Anyone else feel the audio mix is awful? The music gets sometimes lost due to the crowd, no reverb on the vocals (which makes them clinacally cold, as if recorded in the studio), no punch on the drums, no presence of the guitar, bass is just a rumbling noise.

The on-site mix of Glastonbury 2016 is much better....

(I'm listering with Beyerdynamic DT990, so studio grade...)

• Like 1

I personally absolutely love the new clip. Sure, the editing is a tiny bit jarring at times, but I feel like it really captures the pure elation of that part of the set. As a side note- A Head Full of Dreams has possibly become one of my favourite Coldplay songs, and I never used to be that much of a fan. Love it!

• Like 1

Yeah, the same footage and sound sounded way better in the AHFOD movie.

And it bugs me when I see video of people with confetti on their heads before the confetti has been fired. Was it that hard to find footage from before the confetti? (If they used longer shots, they probably wouldn't have to have a mismatch like this.)

• Like 8

Same footage was in the AHFOD movie - and - AHFOD movie has better sound quality and better video quality, becouse this movie is made for DVD only
Yeah I've lowered my expectations a lot. it's a shame because after seeing the film in theaters I was so excited because the footage looks so great... And now I feel like I should just watch Glastonbury 2016 instead lol. No, I'll still watch it but just won't enjoy it as much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The editing in this reminds me of certain action movies that ruin perfectly fine fight scenes with awful editing. I think if they had longer and wider shots it would show the scope of the tour a lot better. It's a shame because the AHFOD film showed the same perfomance so much better.

• Like 2