✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

MickCas

freaking called it ! i knew they would release something like this !

BUT .... I thought the live concert would be at Stade de France, since Chris said so at the concert and we can clearly see live performances at the stade de france in the documentary trailer ? (you can clearly recognise the SDF rooftop during those images...

• Like 2

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

freaking called it ! i knew they would release something like this !

BUT .... I thought the live concert would be at Stade de France, since Chris said so at the concert and we can clearly see live performances at the stade de france in the documentary trailer ? (you can clearly recognise the SDF rooftop during those images...

Maybe the footage from stade de france (Milan and Tokyo ecc...) will be only on the documentary, don’t forget that yesterday Mat Whitecross confirmed that there will be songs on “A Head Full Of Dreams”

WTF? Why is the live show only being made available on crappy DVD? Is there not going to be a bluray release? why on earth would they launch this and only indicate a DVD version in today's age of technology? Even the images of the packaging shows it is DVD format and not bluray. What are they thinking??? This is absurd. I mean unless they are completely out of their minds I fully expect a BD version to be released and if so, why not just roll that out with the official announcement now? Either way this is really stupid.

That's weird, yeah. I can't imagine this film not having a HD release at all, so perhaps another exclusive streaming deal is yet to be announced before the Blu-Ray version appears.

if you zoom into this: https://cdn.ontourmedia.io/fanfire/images/product/zoom/COL/COL84279-3.jpg you can see is not.

seems like the song has been scrapped completely since it was never properly released.

Seems like it. That song has had a curious history, hasn't it. It also means that their claim that this is the first time a Coldplay concert has been released in its entirety is not 100% true.

Also, if you play the newly released performance of Viva la Vida alongside a crowd-filmed video of that performance, say

, you can see that in some shots Chris' position and movements don't match up; so those shots have been taken either from different concerts or from a different part of the song. Which isn't a big deal, they have so much footage to use; just something interesting to note.

Edit: Since they played two dates in São Paulo, they'll probably use footage of both concerts, similarly to Live 2003.

that makes sense actually ! it's good to know , Hopefully the Miracles (Someone Special) performance from Milan will be on it too then ! Would also love to see a performance from the chicago show when it was raining so bad they had to stop the show and cut it short !

So happy to see this coming finally! A little strange that it’s from the last leg of the tour, didn’t they film tons of cities and performances, especially at France? A little disappointed that Birds isn’t on the live cd, but seems to be that it luckily makes it to the film. Amazing Day and Life Is Beautiful missing though. Was to be expected, but no old or rare Coldplay songs from the C-stage.

• Like 1

So happy to see this coming finally! A little strange that it’s from the last leg of the tour, didn’t they film tons of cities and performances, especially at France? A little disappointed that Birds isn’t on the live cd, but seems to be that it luckily makes it to the film. Amazing Day and Life Is Beautiful missing though. Was to be expected, but no old or rare Coldplay songs from the C-stage.

Yes, I'm kind of disappointed as well about the lack of Amazing Day and the fact that despite it being announced in multiple places (Paris, Milan, Tokyo etc.) that they were filming, all of this was scrapped :(

About old and rare songs, I never expected any !

What do you guys think about the VLV video ? Vocals too prominent in the mix and too 'clean'-sounding (too polished) imho. And the cuts are very jumpy...

• Like 6

I agree with @I ran away , being disappointed about the lack of Amazing Day. But....this Butterfly Package sounds like it will be so amazing!!!

Am I understanding right that part of the 2DVD/2CD set will be the movie? As in, the same movie that is coming to theaters Nov 14?

If I am reading it right on the website and it is, that will be such an awesome package!!!

• Like 1

I agree with @I ran away , being disappointed about the lack of Amazing Day. But....this Butterfly Package sounds like it will be so amazing!!!

Am I understanding right that part of the 2DVD/2CD set will be the movie? As in, the same movie that is coming to theaters Nov 14?

If I am reading it right on the website and it is, that will be such an awesome package!!!

Yes, it will be that movie !

• Like 1

Seems like it. That song has had a curious history, hasn't it. It also means that their claim that this is the first time a Coldplay concert has been released in its entirety is not 100% true.

It is true. They 2 CD live album is the complete November 15th Buenos Aires show.

What do you guys think about the VLV video ? Vocals too prominent in the mix and too 'clean'-sounding (too polished) imho. And the cuts are very jumpy...

Yeah I agree specially with the cuts... like I get that they are trying to make it exciting and all but why are some shots so quick? It makes it a bit disorienting to watch in my opinion.

Yeah that's my bad for assuming it was Pilar Zeta. Kristjana did an amazing job!

Also the only two things I am slightly disappointed with are the lack of a Bluray release, and that some of the songs didn't make the cut (Amazing Day, Life Is Beautiful). Amazing Day was such a great part of the first leg... And though I'm saddened that Life Is Beautiful will not see any form of release, I can honestly say that I'm not surprised. I guess a YouTube rip will have to do lol. Speaking of that, does anyone have an HQ rip from the official broadcast?

EDIT:

Also if anyone wants the full res artwork, I uploaded that here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HRizaaJuaSf4LP4-MWhcLJmE21RO8J6t

• Like 5

Well, the truth is that it is quite exciting to know that they are going to release an album with live shows.

To me personally what I do not like is the setlist they have chosen, they have left very good songs outside. In the end it is a record full of hits and to me personally that gives me some laziness. Why have not Lovers in Japan or Politik been involved?

I hope they get more live albums or songs from other cities like France or Milan. Having a good live version of Miracles would be wonderful.

• Like 2

And why have they released a live version of Viva la Vida when they will soon be releasing that same song on the live CD?

If it had been a different version of another city or came with some extra song it would make sense, but who is going to pay for something that is free on youtube and that in two months will be on sale on a CD with more songs?

• Like 2

I just watched the live version of Viva la Vida and was actually surprised to see smartphones since I'm so used to watching their old live performances. It was also weird knowing I was actually a fan when the concert happened. Time is really passing by...

• Like 2