✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

MickCas

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One is the imported European version. If you translate the tracklist off the link I posted you will see it says Birds.

According to an Australian site:

The CD contains: God Put A Smile Upon Your Face.

And the DVD contains: Birds

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/pop/coldplay-live-in-buenos-aires-deluxe-edition/345958/

Track 20 shows also a track difference

CD: Amor Argentina

DVD: Paulistanos (special Coldplay composition for Brazil)

I guess time will learn :)

• Like 1

According to an Australian site:

The CD contains: God Put A Smile Upon Your Face.

And the DVD contains: Birds

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/pop/coldplay-live-in-buenos-aires-deluxe-edition/345958/

Track 20 shows also a track difference

CD: Amor Argentina

DVD: Paulistanos (special Coldplay composition for Brazil)

I guess time will learn :)

Is the track difference for all releases? Or exclusive to certain countries...? Sorry, I haven’t done my homework on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four more days till we finally get a solid recording of this version of UATW [silverbird extended].

I know its not the same venue etc. But this was the OG performance.

BTW what are we expecting on Amazon Music. A three song live EP is so random especially considering that these songs aren't on any other live releases to come. Is it possible they are part of another release?

• Like 1

There are some really cool novelties for sure -- which is why I'm overall incredibly excited for this release.... but their live performances aren't particularly unique. I guess what I'm getting at is what do Coldplay's live shows have to offer besides crowd noise...

I loved the AHFOD show I saw -- one of the best nights of my life and the best concert visuals I've ever seen.

But we already got half these songs on other live albums which were performed almost identically. It's not like Coldplay's a jam band where you can say, "I like the 2003 Yellow more than the 2012 Yellow..." They're pretty much the same. Coldplay wasn't really even a rock band on the AHFOD tour, so there isn't much variation to the sets or performances.

I would have been more excited if there were more unique live tracks that were career spanning, to match the documentary: Life is Beautiful, 42 or Yes, AICTAIY, Miracles Someone Special (Live from Italy), Green Eyes (Chris Solo Acoustic), How You See the World, the techno versions of Talk and GPASUYF, original Ode to Deodorant :)

I'm gonna get this package and listen to it a million times, so don't think I'm being too cynical here, but yeah hope there is more in store later on (LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL WHERE ARE YOUUUU)

• Like 3

It's not like Coldplay's a jam band where you can say, "I like the 2003 Yellow more than the 2012 Yellow..." They're pretty much the same.

I understand what you mean overall, but I have to say I strongly disagree with that thought. The vibes/intros/Chris's voice/overall sound of various songs do differ between different tours. For instance I can say I do prefer the 2003 Yellow or the 2003 GPASUYF over their 2012 or 2017 counterparts, they have completely different vibes and in the case of GPASUYF also performance styles. Or I like the Twisted Logic Tour arrangement of Clocks more than the 2003 version.

And now comes the unpopular part of my opinion, and this isn't really the subject here...but unfortunately for almost every song the earlier (Live 2003) performances are imho better than the later ones(Live 2012/Live 2017).The sombre, mysterious vibe of GPASUYF for example got turned into senseless "wannabe-hard" noise rock (Live 2012) and then later, even worse, into an interactive "give me a whoop, whoop...now whoop whoop scream" holiday resort animator-style performance (2017). But oh well...

• Like 6

Nice to see we're getting yet another (albeit incomplete) live show! I saw the Love In Tokyo shirts in the store when the Butterfly was announced and wondered what they were all about... I thought I missed something lol.

Pretty bummed that it'll be Japan only though, hopefully we'll get some sort of digital download or something - my wallet does not like the sound of importing a CD all the way from Japan.

• Like 3

I'm really hoping for a 4K release, it would be the first concert released on 4k blu ray (they could put the documentary out as well). Of course that would mean a regular blu ray would also come out.

If Amazon has exclusive rights to the film at launch that would explain why we are not seeing blu ray's. They want to keep the higher resolution video files for Prime members. Once the rights have ended I can see them releasing the documentary and the concert film possibly in one package. (4K UHD/ and or Blu Ray)

Whatever resolution Amazon streams at will give us a good idea what might happen later. It would make no sense to have a 4K or full HD stream and to only have it released on DVD. We will have to double dip to get the film/concert at a later date but I will gladly do this. Especially if its in 4K!

• Like 4

So according to ColdplayXtra on Twitter the Cinema release of AHFOD film has ten extra mins of content over the Amazon release (said to be Sao Paulo footage).

Goddam if it is Life is Beautiful and we only see it once.! triggered.

Imagine if its elements of GIG 1 and you only see it once!

[MEDIA=twitter]1054672162458611712[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplayxtra/status/1054672162458611712

• Like 3

I understand what you mean overall, but I have to say I strongly disagree with that thought. The vibes/intros/Chris's voice/overall sound of various songs do differ between different tours. For instance I can say I do prefer the 2003 Yellow or the 2003 GPASUYF over their 2012 or 2017 counterparts, they have completely different vibes and in the case of GPASUYF also performance styles. Or I like the Twisted Logic Tour arrangement of Clocks more than the 2003 version.

And now comes the unpopular part of my opinion, and this isn't really the subject here...but unfortunately for almost every song the earlier (Live 2003) performances are imho better than the later ones(Live 2012/Live 2017).The sombre, mysterious vibe of GPASUYF for example got turned into senseless "wannabe-hard" noise rock (Live 2012) and then later, even worse, into an interactive "give me a whoop, whoop...now whoop whoop scream" holiday resort animator-style performance (2017). But oh well...

I think it deppends on your... ¿likes?

For me, the best performmances are the MX tour, when they do a more rock sound for the older songs (GPASUYF, Violet Hill, Cementeries of London, Lost!, Politik...). These live performances are very different form the studio version, and in my opinion better (there are songs that for years I have not heard the studio version).

In the AHFOD Tour the sounds are more similar to the studio versions. The worst is Viva la Vida, it sounds to me like they want to play it very fast, without feeling, like if they were tired of playing it. Nothing to do with the beautiful piano intro of the MX.

I hope they change the setlist, or better, they introduce, at least in the CD version, ALL the different songs that they had played in this country/continnet. The 20 songs fixed (the new album and their hits from other albums) + all the different songs they played in the C-Stage (Dont Panic, In my Place, GPASUYF, Green Eyes, Swallowed in the sea...etc.).

I think that would be very interesting for the fans. But 5 versions of clocks, Viva la Vida, Magic... (that sounds the same...) and 0 of their older songs...

I do not know why they always choose the songs on the live albums so badly :oops:

P.D: Ithink they would be at least an European live (CD Paris + DVD Milan or similar) and also a USA Live (maybe 14 songs like in tokio or something bigger?). An Australian live would be lovely also, but please, different track list... Tokio and Buenos Aires are the same...

• Like 5

True true. Good points. There are defintely some differences from tour to tour as you point out. 2006 Clocks is THE BEST. And live 2003 is so incredible They reworked their material in interesting ways and it awesome, plus included some solid unreleased alt-rock tracks.

I come down with Tonimoreno though on their more recent releases sounding like identical to the album version -- except for a little extra drumming or acoustic guitar (ASFOS, Magic). VLV is a great example of a song that never changes (and an album that gets no love live :( Regardless I'll be excited to hear the AHFOD tracks live and see what extra live sparkles can be picked out!

• Like 2

10 things about the Viva la Vida - Live in São Paulo video:

1. The crowd is ecstatic (I mean who wouldn’t be it’s a freaking Coldplay concert)

2. There are about 42 different camera angles (exaggerated).

3. Apparently not all of those 42 different camera angles are from São Paulo as per the different flower screens

96935902-3A67-452B-B6C8-A6B01ACF97C1.thumb.png.21d90d8a7e69e02bd017e2e03cc907c8.png

4. OTT pink

5. Jonny can play the keyboard I thought he was expanding his instrumental vocabulary when he played snare drums on HFTW

D9BF9182-8B6B-445F-8D0E-62537182E4E2.thumb.png.4d4fea5bb93ba1d61a1530df2b06bdbb.png

6. Chris plays ‘Risk’ Live with Will

7. Is it just me or is this entire video in the identical resolution of Live 2003?

8. Will is psyched

751E0A7E-17D2-4A15-842C-80A154900380.thumb.png.32797ee500e13cff24e383c1ef56f3f1.png

9. Chris mimes banging the bell too much

10. If this is a glimpse of whats to come from Live in São Paulo, then expect an energetically dizzying party of Coldplay’s greatest hits with a focus on lights beating in time and Chris prancing round like a maniac on stage.

• Like 4

I have to say, I was disappointed with the new Viva video (too many cuts, not organic), and the audio of it released on all streaming platforms sounded meh and Chris' vocals were strained and lyrics cut short because he was out of breath. Didn't give me the same hair standing up on the back of my neck feeling like LRLRL or live videos from the VLV and MX eras.

But I just listened to the new UATW released on Amazon and it is a 10/10, exceeded my expectations and is far superior to the album version and Live 2012 version. The mixing is A+, and Chris' vocals were excellent. Will's vocal harmony+ piano, Jonny's guitar, Guy, everything was spot on. You can really hear the stadium echoey atmosphere and it works really well with the song. Just awesome. I'm excited for the whole live album now, but unfortunately I don't think we will get this kind of quality in songs where Chris is off the walls jumping around.

• Like 3

I have to say, I was disappointed with the new Viva video (too many cuts, not organic), and the audio of it released on all streaming platforms sounded meh and Chris' vocals were strained and lyrics cut short because he was out of breath. Didn't give me the same hair standing up on the back of my neck feeling like LRLRL or live videos from the VLV and MX eras.

But I just listened to the new UATW released on Amazon and it is a 10/10, exceeded my expectations and is far superior to the album version and Live 2012 version. The mixing is A+, and Chris' vocals were excellent. Will's vocal harmony+ piano, Jonny's guitar, Guy, everything was spot on. You can really here the stadium echoey atmosphere and it works really well with the song. Just awesome. I'm excited for the whole live album now, but unfortunately I don't think we will get this kind of quality in songs where Chris is off the walls jumping around.

Oh man oh man can I get around this!!

I've been listening on repeat for the past 12 or more hours!! The emphatic increase at at 3:12 when the bass comes in! Incredible! Always in my head im so excited for and everglow!! Just to continue this vibe. IMO however the best performance of this extended version is the OG performance in 2015 following the paris attacks. The stripped down nature, the moment. I would have loved those vocals. This is still blowing my mind though, so no complaints.

• Like 1