✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

still an album out next year also.... confused?

elroy bo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as Everyday Life is a double album.... does that mean they plan to put out an album next year as well... or is this both the projected albums together?

Not confirmed, but my understanding of all this is that Coldplay gave vague intel/vague vibes to music insiders and implied they were working on a plan that involved two albums. They didn't want to reveal it would be a double album, so I guess they all assumed it would be two separate albums. Now it seems we shouldn't expect another album next year....I mean in terms of content that would mean 3 albums in such a short time...extremely unlikely.

However it's possible that the way the promote the double album might be in two phases. Maybe a more discrete time in 2020 and then big tour in 2021 for instance - but that's pure speculation.

also is the cover the moon and star? or the b/w photo?

Cover is entirely unconfirmed at the moment, but the latest scoops/rumours/info will be found in the LP8 thread directly :)

• Like 1

I think they're going for a whole Ghost Stories / A Head Full of Dreams thing. Releasing the album that they really want to make and then release the album they want but also need to make for commercial / label purposes.

• Like 2

I would still interpret that report as meaning they are going to release a more conventional album by the end of next year and a tour following it. I don't think the fact that this album has 16 songs takes away from the report saying that they are working on another album for next year that will have a tour following it.

This feels like a GS/AHFOD style where they won't tour Everyday Life (but do some shows here and there and radio/tv interviews), so they can work on a more mainstream album that is suitable for a stadium tour.

My guess is over the next several months they promote this album by doing some TV and small shows while working on another album that they will release in about a year and tour in 2021. And maybe they do some festivals this summer (and that Global Citizen gig in September) and preview some possible LP9 songs.

But... let's just enjoy Everyday Life for now because this is shaping up to be a truly special era for the band.

• Like 4

I would still interpret that report as meaning they are going to release a more conventional album by the end of next year and a tour following it. I don't think the fact that this album has 16 songs takes away from the report saying that they are working on another album for next year that will have a tour following it.

This feels like a GS/AHFOD style where they won't tour Everyday Life (but do some shows here and there and radio/tv interviews), so they can work on a more mainstream album that is suitable for a stadium tour.

My guess is over the next several months they promote this album by doing some TV and small shows while working on another album that they will release in about a year and tour in 2021. And maybe they do some festivals this summer (and that Global Citizen gig in September) and preview some possible LP9 songs.

But... let's just enjoy Everyday Life for now because this is shaping up to be a truly special era for the band.

You think some songs will be played from LP8 for LP9 tour?

• Like 1

You think some songs will be played from LP8 for LP9 tour?

Well of the 2 songs we've heard so far, they sound like they will be exceptional for a live show, so I would think so!

It's crazy- assuming the rest of Everyday Life is great, we are reaching a point where Coldplay will have to cut big, popular, iconic songs from their tour shows.

How do you fit Yellow, The Scientist, Clocks, Fix You, VLV, Paradise, Charlie Brown, ETIAW, Magic, ASFOS, HFTW, AOAL, SJLT (i wish not) along with several new songs, and still please Oldplay fans?

And it feels like that every tour, that they have to cut legendary songs, like Politik, Shiver, In My Place, Lovers in Japan, LiT, Warning Sign, etc etc

• Like 1

Well of the 2 songs we've heard so far, they sound like they will be exceptional for a live show, so I would think so!

It's crazy- assuming the rest of Everyday Life is great, we are reaching a point where Coldplay will have to cut big, popular, iconic songs from their tour shows.

How do you fit Yellow, The Scientist, Clocks, Fix You, VLV, Paradise, Charlie Brown, ETIAW, Magic, ASFOS, HFTW, AOAL, SJLT (i wish not) along with several new songs, and still please Oldplay fans?

And it feels like that every tour, that they have to cut legendary songs, like Politik, Shiver, In My Place, Lovers in Japan, LiT, Warning Sign, etc etc

I dont mind SJLT. I hope it's on the setlist.

• Like 1

@IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 Agreed about SJLT, and it probably will be considering it's their latest massive mainstream hit and most people who aren't too deep fans of the band like it. I like it myself but I can see why others wouldn't,

@Zero Theory I thought Warning Sign was one of their never played songs? Also they must have cut IMP sometime during the last tour because I think I remember them doing a stripped cover of it on the C stage at least 1 night I went to the AHFOD concerts.

@elroy bo Same. 16 songs is a lot for just an album for Coldplay so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear anything else for some time. This was definitely more of a surprise release, at least for me, than AHFOD though (thought it would be at least another year) so I was delighted to hear it would be released on the 22nd of next month. So maybe it is just something short before they make a more mainstream album more suitable for the stadiums. Perhaps that's more what the Sunrise and Sunset idea is about, that Sunrise having Arabesque on it would be more the experimental side, and Sunset having Orphans would be more the mainstream side. This makes more sense to me personally but I'd be glad to be proven wrong as we can never have enough Coldplay! If they do choose to go more mainstream either on Sunset or another album I still hope they find a way to introduce something exciting into the songs that will keep fans wishing for more experimentality happy. I think they struck a good balance with Orphans myself, Guy is more present and there are some interesting production qualities that make it stand out from their previous pop rock.

• Like 1

I honestly don’t think we should worry about another album.

We’re getting a double album next month and a potential world tour soon. We should be happy with what we’ve got, instead of asking or wondering if there’s gonna be more.

Enjoy the ride man. ;)

• Like 3

Definitely happy with what we have now. Far more than we bargained for! Frick I thought they'd just release another normal album in late 2020 or later with a bunch of restless hype beforehand. But we got it far earlier than expected AND we have two singles AND they're both experimental or deviate from their previous works in some form that's unique AND it's a freaking double album with 16 songs! AND as if that wasn't enough there's ANOTHER supposedly brand new bonus track on the Japanese deluxe version!

I was just saying, you felt that there wouldn't be a double album and that was wrong, maybe you felt wrong about there not being another album in the near future too even though that's definitely too much to ask as they've done fantastic this blooming era so far

• Like 1

^ well interestingly Guy just said on a podcast that they are looking forward to have some "concerts" soon. But then he said later on that they don't plan on touring the new album "everyday life"....

So maybe the rumors are true that Everyday life is the experimental album and then they'll just drop another more tourable album after.

• Like 4