✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

still an album out next year also.... confused?

elroy bo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ well interestingly Guy just said on a podcast that they are looking forward to have some "concerts" soon. But then he said later on that they don't plan on touring the new album "everyday life"....

So maybe the rumors are true that Everyday life is the experimental album and then they'll just drop another more tourable album after.

I think he also said he'd love to do another tour like AHFOD but didn't confirm anything? :( Also interesting that they started recording in Tuscany back in late 2017. I had no idea they were doing anything back then...

• Like 4

Funnily enough there was a rumor back then that the full band had been spotted with recording gear in Tuscany, but there were no pics and no one knew what to make of it LOL.

Now that Guy has said there is no tour for EL, maybe just a couple of concerts like for GS (I presume), I think that has increased the odds of there being another album sooner rather than later though. If not in 2020, then in 2021 with a full stadium world tour following.

• Like 4

If they really release a new album next year, I would really like them to do it in the sound of the God Put a Smile upon Your Face / Talk mashup they did on Viva la Vida Tour. It combines both ARoBttH / X&Y sounds in such harmony and a unique way. That would be incredible in a whole full album

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Everyday Live 2020

ftfy

I think that has increased the odds of there being another album sooner rather than later though. If not in 2020, then in 2021 with a full stadium world tour following.

I certainly hope so. And I also hope that they manage to incorporate more unique and original elements even then, so we aren't SO disappointed with the inevitable more accessible album that will lead to a world stadium tour in the future.

If the rumours are true and EL will feature a pop disc and an experimental disc, and we’re also getting a pop album next year, that’d be disappointing. I’d like more than half an album of experimental Coldplay if they’re being that prolific.

Well based on what we've heard so far I think it'll be an "experimental" disc and a "less experimental" disc, not necessarily a complete pop makeover. Both Orphans and Everyday Life have unique production qualities that make them stand out from boring pop, more so with EL, So kind of a blend that attempts to please both sides, and then we have no idea what's in store for this next album. I hope it's accessible and big enough for a world stadium tour, but unique, original and interesting enough to keep me and others hooked.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I really don’t want this. Haha.

I mean new Coldplay music is always awesome but I really want to enjoy EL as long as I can before AHFOD 2.0 comes swooping in and pushes it into the background.

Plus I was really really hoping EL would be the turning point in their career (like MX was). But guess this is just another GS. *sigh*

• Like 2

Wow. I really don’t want this. Haha.

I mean new Coldplay music is always awesome but I really want to enjoy EL as long as I can before AHFOD 2.0 comes swooping in and pushes it into the background.

Plus I was really really hoping EL would be the turning point in their career (like MX was). But guess this is just another GS. *sigh*

Then don't listen to this next album (so quickly). I mean, no one is forcing you.

I think this is an excellent idea for Coldplay in particular when the fanbase is split between the pop sound and classic alt sound. Everyone can choose whatever they want to listen to!

• Like 3

Then don't listen to this next album (so quickly). I mean, no one is forcing you.

I think this is an excellent idea for Coldplay in particular when the fanbase is split between the pop sound and classic alt sound. Everyone can choose whatever they want to listen to!

It’s not about me listening to the album so quickly.

It’s about this era being so short and the fans not being able to enjoy it for awhile before the next era comes rushing in and burying it.

I’m pretty sure we’ll get whiplash. Lol.

• Like 2

It’s not about me listening to the album so quickly.

It’s about this era being so short and the fans not being able to enjoy it for awhile before the next era comes rushing in and burying it.

I’m pretty sure we’ll get whiplash. Lol.

To me, Coldplay werent planning to tour this era much anyways, so I dont think its fair to blame LP9 on the shortness of EL.

If EL and LP9 switched places chronologically, I still dont think they wouldve toured it much either. I think its more the subject matter (like with GS), makes it hard to tour.

• Like 2

For those worried about a 2020 album being pop-oriented, just hold your horses. I definitely think we can expect it to be more "standard" Coldplay, as in more pop oriented, but pop can mean a lot of things.

i for one am going to soak in as much of the EL era as possible. Loving it so far and can't wait to hear these songs live and get Flags!

• Like 7

To me, Coldplay werent planning to tour this era much anyways, so I dont think its fair to blame LP9 on the shortness of EL.

Oh yes we all knew that. It was kinda obvious when the rumors first came out that they were gonna do another GS/AHFOD type of thing.

They should at least give EL a year to be out in the world before releasing another one.

The other reason why I don’t want LP9 so soon is that I want this era to be remembered by casual Coldplay fans and critics. Once LP9 comes around, EL will just be a faded memory. Lol.

For those worried about a 2020 album being pop-oriented, just hold your horses. I definitely think we can expect it to be more "standard" Coldplay, as in more pop oriented, but pop can mean a lot of things.

i for one am going to soak in as much of the EL era as possible. Loving it so far and can't wait to hear these songs live and get Flags!

Personally, I don’t think Coldplay does pop well. However, MX was miles better than AHFOD so if they do something similar to that I’ll be quite happy.

I would however like them to go into indie rock. Songs like Birds, Ghost Story, Charlie Brown and even Champion of the World shows that the boys can do indie rock quite well.

Just no more AOAL. Haha.

• Like 2

This makes me a bit sad. To officially call Coldplay 'standard pop' and it is just 100% true. I will never get over how commercial they are now... So it's like, they have to 'justify' their status now and Everyday Life is just a passer-by thing...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This makes me a bit sad. To officially call Coldplay 'standard pop' and it is just 100% true. I will never get over how commercial they are now... So it's like, they have to 'justify' their status now and Everyday Life is just a passer-by thing...

My thoughts exactly.

It’s why I’m not keen on a LP9 so quick. Cause it just means EL doesn’t mean it’s as ‘important’. It feels like them saying to people “oh EL is nothing. Don’t worry about it, you’ll get your SJLT.”

• Like 4

My thoughts exactly.

It’s why I’m not keen on a LP9 so quick. Cause it just means EL doesn’t mean it’s as ‘important’. It feels like them saying to people “oh EL is nothing. Don’t worry about it, you’ll get your SJLT.”

Exactly. And each and every track on EL is less generic and more meaningful than SJLT. I think it is their worst song, next to X Marks the Spot and Army of One. Can't stand the three...

For what it's worth, we still have something that is soulful and honest like this album from the boys (a tad lazy at times but still) and the world can have their 'ultramegagiga famous top 40 Coldplay'... sigh...

• Like 2

A loose indie record with Champion Of The World as a template is something I could see them doing. Even if you don't like AHFOD, they've never made the same album twice, so there's no reason why they would do AHFOD part 2.

By the way, I like Champion Of the World a lot, but I think it's the only song that feels like it's part of a different album. There's way weirder stuff on the album, but this song is the biggest outlier to me. Don't know why it feels that way.

A loose indie record with Champion Of The World as a template is something I could see them doing. Even if you don't like AHFOD, they've never made the same album twice, so there's no reason why they would do AHFOD part 2.

By the way, I like Champion Of the World a lot, but I think it's the only song that feels like it's part of a different album. There's way weirder stuff on the album, but this song is the biggest outlier to me. Don't know why it feels that way.

Really? Even with BrokEn, Guns and Cry Cry Cry?

As for AHFOD, worst Coldplay album ever. Hope it remains so. I hate it.

Actually they kind do repeat albums. MX and AHFOD are pretty similar is style/template (though MX is far more superior).

They’ll have a pop song (ETIAW/AOAL), duet with female mega star, an indie rock song (Charlier Brown/Birds), deary ballad (Up in Flames/Everglow), musical interludes, an uplifting don’t-let-life-get-you-down number. Lol.

• Like 4

^Agree. And I think that's what I mean by "Standard." I don't necessarily mean standard pop -- which is becoming increasingly difficult to define nowadays anywhow.

Coldplay's first 7 albums are well constructed in that they tend to follow a flow and have a little bit of everything for everybody. You get your great singles (Clocks, Yellow, Speed of Sound, Viva), but then tracks that attract the alternative crowd (Spies, Daylight, White Shadows, Major Minus) and then your slowburn ballads (Scientist, Trouble, Fix You, UATW, Everglow).

EL will be the first album to truly break that mold by not having a clear pop single (save Orphans), and I'd personally like to enjoy this era into 2020, get b-sides, see some live shows etc. If they release a collab with some other EDM artist in Feb. 2020 and steam ahead to the next era, it's going to be super disappointing.

But personally, I don't think they will. I think they will definitely release a more standard album next year: Atmospheric opener, bouncy single, big radio single, slow jam/ballad, another single etc, just like AHFOD and MX. But if they lean more into indie rock or more alternative pop sounds then I'm here for it. It's super unlikely we'll hear anything quite like AHFOD again, so rest assured. My guess is that they'll release a more world-pop album that's a bit more alternative but perhaps more upbeat and radio-friendly than EL. Maybe more like Los Unidades (I swear in another universe, Voodoo is one of the biggest singles of all time, I love that song).

• Like 5

Our tastes on this song seem to differ greatly. No offense of course but to me, Voodoo is the worst song Coldplay has ever been associated with :D

Au contraire, @I ran away :) I actually think we largely share the same Coldplay taste, but this might be an outlier. I'm glad Voodoo is Los Unidades and not officially Coldplay, but nonetheless I find it insatiably catchy and groovy. If they pursued similar sounds on LP9, I'd hope the production would be toned back a little and that the lyrics wouldn't be so, well, ridiculously poppy.

• Like 4