✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Trouble in Town - Sunrise

Coeurli

Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 3rd track of Sunrise/Everyday life will sound like ?

:sunrise:

Personally, I don't know, but the title is so cool and reminds me of The Killers...

• Like 1

This is the one that has me hyped. Ominous title, explicit lyrics, on the seemingly experimental sound of the record, worthy of a pre-album preview...

Watch it end up being an interlude.

Yes with Chris just yelling obscenities at the band rehearsal

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know why but this one sounds like a Western movie to me or something haha.

I feel like Arabesque had some slinky guitar picking to it so maybe this one has darker americana vibe? Maybe this is the one where Jonny whips out the banjo? Either way I like how theatrical the name is. Typically the third track on Coldplay albums is a single of somesort so that'd make sense unless this album is truly "experimental" and not radio friendly.

• Like 2

I don't know why but this one sounds like a Western movie to me or something haha.

I feel like Arabesque had some slinky guitar picking to it so maybe this one has darker americana vibe? Maybe this is the one where Jonny whips out the banjo? Either way I like how theatrical the name is. Typically the third track on Coldplay albums is a single of somesort so that'd make sense unless this album is truly "experimental" and not radio friendly.

So maybe Sunset will be the main singles? And then Sunrise will be the partner/promo singles?

I hope it samples part of Trouble and builds a darker version off of it (but I don't think they'd sample their own song)

How great would it be if it was the metal version of trouble that was on the Live 2003 tour diary:

Even a short sample of it before it builds into a different song would be an amazing way of showing they are aware of their musical roots but also evolving into something new and would be a nice little motif on the oldplay/newplay synergy of the new tracks.

Bit of a wild theory but stranger wishes have come true for me on this LP already so why not!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

How great would it be if it was the metal version of trouble that was on the Live 2003 tour diary:

Even a short sample of it before it builds into a different song would be an amazing way of showing they are aware of their musical roots but also evolving into something new and would be a nice little motif on the oldplay/newplay synergy of the new tracks.

Bit of a wild theory but stranger wishes have come true for me on this LP already so why not!

That would be amazing but I doubt it would happen :D

• Like 1

Man, just when you thought you'd heard every cool unreleased gem from Coldplay....dare I say the song would've worked better in this arrangement (as much as I love the album version).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

listening for first time?

Yep! I tried to keep the leaks away from me! Thought of listening to the album for the first time when they'll play it live in a couple of hours, but I'm listening anyway.

EDIT: What I don't understand is: Why is Daddy not following up after Trouble in Town? The song literally stops with the heartbeat??

• Like 2

You aren't the only one to question that I've even seen people talk about eventually putting HFTW behind Daddy in some format because the birds

Yeah I tried that too, but the birds from Daddy aren't quite the same. The birds from HFTW sound more paradise-like birds.

• Like 1

Yep! I tried to keep the leaks away from me! Thought of listening to the album for the first time when they'll play it live in a couple of hours, but I'm listening anyway.

EDIT: What I don't understand is: Why is Daddy not following up after Trouble in Town? The song literally stops with the heartbeat??

Yup my thoughts too.

I would gone TIT, Daddy, Broken, WOTW/POTP.

There’s a theory that Broken was placed in between to literally break up the two dark songs (hence the title Broken) but if that’s the case, the execution was done badly. Lol.

• Like 1

Yup my thoughts too.

I would gone TIT, Daddy, Broken, WOTW/POTP.

There’s a theory that Broken was placed in between to literally break up the two dark songs (hence the title Broken) but if that’s the case, the execution was done badly. Lol.

Well I find it strange indeed, but okay gotta take it I guess! I love Trouble in Town though!

Just finished lisitening Sunrise. Sunset is for tomorrow!