✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Trouble in Town - Sunrise

Coeurli

The real question is.... who is in favour of the clean version or the explicit version. Because I honestly like the build up of instrumentals, but I also like the message of the explicit version so..... I'm just curious about everyone else thoughts? ¯\ _(ツ)_/¯

The real question is.... who is in favour of the clean version or the explicit version. Because I honestly like the build up of instrumentals, but I also like the message of the explicit version so..... I'm just curious about everyone else thoughts? ¯\ _(ツ)_/¯

I prefer the explicit version. Only because the bleeping is just too jarring.

And without the audio track, the climax with the guitar doesn’t sound as good or as chilling. Hence, I didn’t like the Jordan steam version as much as the studio version.

• Like 3

I currently have that one stuck in my head at the moment :joy:

Jonny absolutely kills it, love to see him shine like that.

I think the audio clip is what makes the song stand out, I truly think it elevates the song. What I like about this choice, is that it's really radical. They WANT you to know what the song is about, they do not try to find a way to go around it, instead, they face it head on. That's amazing and brave and honest.

• Like 7

I think the audio clip is what makes the song stand out, I truly think it elevates the song. What I like about this choice, is that it's really radical. They WANT you to know what the song is about, they do not try to find a way to go around it, instead, they face it head on. That's amazing and brave and honest.

This is exactly how I feel about the sample. Listening to it loud gives me chills, especially when the officer yells "Why don't you shut up?" and the instrumental becomes louder.

• Like 4

Yep! I tried to keep the leaks away from me! Thought of listening to the album for the first time when they'll play it live in a couple of hours, but I'm listening anyway.

EDIT: What I don't understand is: Why is Daddy not following up after Trouble in Town? The song literally stops with the heartbeat??

My theory? The heart is "BrokEn" by the violence described in Trouble In Town.

While i am against police brutality. I kinda find that the audio distracts me from the song. Is there a version that doesn’t include that audio. I also have 5 yr olds that don’t need to hear it.

The lyric video version on YouTube is clean and removes the clip entirely instead of just censoring the expletives:

Well said... and this exactly how I feel about it. It's so daring, so honest. It's a song that challenges you to really think about the message behind it instead of just thinking "oh, that's sad," and moving on with your life.

This is exactly how I feel about the sample. Listening to it loud gives me chills, especially when the office yells "Why don't you shut up?" and the instrumental becomes louder.

It's really jarring, gives me plenty of chills as well, especially when the intensity of the music increases as the situation escalates.

• Like 4

My theory? The heart is "BrokEn" by the violence described in Trouble In Town.

The lyric video version on YouTube is clean and removes the clip entirely instead of just censoring the expletives:

Well said... and this exactly how I feel about it. It's so daring, so honest. It's a song that challenges you to really think about the message behind it instead of just thinking "oh, that's sad," and moving on with your life.

It's really jarring, gives me plenty of chills as well, especially when the intensity of the music increases as the situation escalates.

Thanks!!! Now I need to find a downloadable version of that.

• Like 1

Personally I think the inclusion of the sample was a genius move that elevates the song to a whole different level ! Bummer that it isn't played like that in the live shows. With the million backing tracks they use, they could easily have included this one as well :)

• Like 2

I'm proud that Coldplay really are taking a stand with this and hope it will be a powerful video ! just hope they don't re-enact the speech sample in a literal way, because that would imho take away from the eeriness and impact of the original

That's true... Maybe they'll just scrap the audio snippet entirely?

• Like 1

That's true... Maybe they'll just scrap the audio snippet entirely?

I wouldn't doubt that. After all they didn't include the sample in the lyric video:

I don't think they'll remove the snippet. I think they will keep it explicit. That snippet carries a lot of importance in the song and in delivering its message. I'd be pretty surprised if they take that away from the video, considering the video's general direction based on the ad.

• Like 2

From 1:59 until 2:05 it reminds me of an older Coldplay Song? Can You help me?

GPASUYF is a good guess^^^.

My other best guesses for musically similar moments:

Prospekt's March right at 1:20

Careful Where You Stand from 1:30 onwards in the chorus

Speed of Sound in its bridge starting 3:30

The guitar tone is also a bit like the chorus of All Your Friends or the bridge of True Love (but the chord changes are a bit different).