✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday life - the track - Sunset

Coeurli

So after listening to this more, it really is such a poignant reflection of the world right now, especially politically.

There is so, so much suffering in the world now, with wars being waged and families being ripped apart. This is simply Coldplay pleaing for *something* to be done.

With all of the hatred in politics, it seems like the world is changing. What is going to be like in 10, 20 years? I also see this line being told from the perspective of someone living in a war-torn country. Will they even be alive in the next few years?

While this is obviously saying that we are all human, I think it's also a reflection on how the world at the moment is based upon lies. We're made to believe that our fellow people are the cause of our problems, when really we are being told so many lies to satisfy political agendas

No matter how much anger and hatred is being stirred up, we need to carry on and love each other. No matter how dark things get, the world needs to stay united.

This is probably the most important lyric to me. Everyone is made to think their fellow man is their enemy, so how can we possibly learn to believe any different?

We need to be strong - this is our 'everyday life' right now, and it's easy to be dragged down into the hatred.

Love it. The lyrics remind me of A Bad Dream by Keane: "Where will I meet my fate? Baby I'm a man I was born to hate / when will I meet my end? In a better time, you could be my friend."

"Hold on for Everyday Life" has this delightful melancholy power to it. It makes me think of "holding on" on a roller coaster or something, yet everyday life is about the most mundane thing. So it's holding on to the roller coaster that is everyday life. Cool eh?!

• Like 3

Such a beautiful song and the perfect closing album song to compliment Sunrise as the opener. Great bookends to open and close. I love listening to Sunrise and then just going to Everyday Life. I do wish the strings continued to play at the end a few seconds longer instead of that somewhat abrupt end.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Love it. The lyrics remind me of A Bad Dream by Keane: "Where will I meet my fate? Baby I'm a man I was born to hate / when will I meet my end? In a better time, you could be my friend."

"Hold on for Everyday Life" has this delightful melancholy power to it. It makes me think of "holding on" on a roller coaster or something, yet everyday life is about the most mundane thing. So it's holding on to the roller coaster that is everyday life. Cool eh?!

Just saying that I was totally right on the second point since if you look in the music video, you see some little kids holding on to one of those spinny playground things during that line in the song (god what are those called)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are multiple official versions of Everyday Life? 3FM here in the Netherlands is giving the song some more airplay these past couple of weeks. The version they've been playing has the regular studio version vocals and instrumentation for most of the song, but starts with the electric guitar intro from the live version and has that same guitar sound in the middle of the song too.

• Wow 2

Does anyone know if there are multiple official versions of Everyday Life? 3FM here in the Netherlands is giving the song some more airplay these past couple of weeks. The version they've been playing has the regular studio version vocals and instrumentation for most of the song, but starts with the electric guitar intro from the live version and has that same guitar sound in the middle of the song too.

Oh, I'd love so much to hear this version, could you recorded it next time the song plays?

• Like 2

Wow, really? I haven't noticed it (yet)! I should listen more to Radio 3fm then.....

And yeah, could you record it please???

Wow, really? I haven't noticed it (yet)! I should listen more to Radio 3fm then.....

And yeah, could you record it please???

I just recorded it! It gave a lot of work, I let my computer recording its internal audio while I put the radio's website to play through the whole day til the song was played occasionally. It's a beautiful alternative version, very similar with the live version, but with the studio's touches in it. The only problem is that the broadcaster was talking throughout the introduction of the song and at the very end too :(

• Like 5

I just recorded it! It gave a lot of work, I let my computer recording its internal audio while I put the radio's website to play through the whole day til the song was played occasionally. It's a beautiful alternative version, very similar with the live version, but with the studio's touches in it. The only problem is that the broadcaster was talking throughout the introduction of the song and at the very end too :(

I was just going to post it here, but I assume you are the one who posted it on Reddit :p

• Haha 1

Sorry, I have been out of town for a couple of days so I haven't had the chance to record it yet. I did check the 3FM archives and noticed that the host doesn't always talk through the intro or outro. I haven't yet found a completely clean version, but maybe someone who knows their way around audio editing software can cut the clean intro from one version and paste it onto another one where the outro is clean?

• Like 1

Sorry, I have been out of town for a couple of days so I haven't had the chance to record it yet. I did check the 3FM archives and noticed that the host doesn't always talk through the intro or outro. I haven't yet found a completely clean version, but maybe someone who knows their way around audio editing software can cut the clean intro from one version and paste it onto another one where the outro is clean?

I tried to do it these last few days.

[MEDIA=googledrive]1cQ3ETz6lts19nxR5-Yg6BQxse8ngOh14[/MEDIA]

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cQ3ETz6lts19nxR5-Yg6BQxse8ngOh14/view?usp=drivesdk

I think this was reasonably decent, it was the best I could do with the recordings I could make.

• Like 8

I tried to do it these last few days.

[MEDIA=googledrive]1cQ3ETz6lts19nxR5-Yg6BQxse8ngOh14[/MEDIA]

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cQ3ETz6lts19nxR5-Yg6BQxse8ngOh14/view?usp=drivesdk

I think this was reasonably decent, it was the best I could do with the recordings I could make.

Wow, this is really interesting.

They simply added Jonny's guitar (and Chris' piano that plays along with the melody) during the intro and after the first chorus. The vocals and everything else, sound just like the official studio version. Except for the outro (during the "hallelujah" part) where they also added Jonny's little guitar riff which sounds beautiful. The song definitely sounds better with the little guitar intro as well as the outro.

I prefer this radio version, to be honest!

By the way, thanks for the recording! :earmuffs:

• Like 5