✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday life - the track - Sunset

Coeurli

Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 8th track of Sunset and closer of double album Everyday life will sound like ?

:moon:

Closers and title tracks are Coldplay's forte.... This should be GREAT

• Like 1

According to the Will's words in the Orphans (official video premiere) live chat on YouTube 2 days ago, it is Will's favourite track off the album!!!

So I am really excited to hear this one eventually! :innocent:

I hope it will for once be a dreamy closer again like The Escapist, not so much an epic piece (for a change). What do you think ?

• Like 2

My hope is for an epic send off for the album. My guess is that this will be like DAAOHF in that it basically sums up the themes of the album and tries to deliver an emotional/hopeful and upbeat closer to the album?

I already feel like this could be my fave track..

• Like 4

I hope it will for once be a dreamy closer again like The Escapist, not so much an epic piece (for a change). What do you think ?

That's difficult to answer (obviously). I think it will be a song that really delivers a message inspired by the album's theme. If this makes sense.

I don't expect anything like O, (which is quiet and mellow and has just Chris on piano with some background instruments), or Up&Up, which sounds hopeful and bombastic.

It could be a song that neither does sound happy nor sad. I find it difficult to explain but I guess you know what I mean.

Jonny and Chris will have a great influence on each other in this song. Like, Chris sings his melodies and Jonny plays along with them and then takes the lead at some points! My expectations: it's going to be less bombastic compared to Every Teardrop/ASFOS but is 'happier' than Death And All His Friends.

So, somewhere in between DAAHF and ETIAW/ASFOS. I'm not saying it sounds like any of the mentioned songs, CP songs do never sound the same in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think we're likely to get a new song every roughly 2 weeks before the release. Gives the songs room to be talked about and heard separately.

Oct 24 - Orphans/Arabesque

Nov 8 - Everyday Life (?)

Nov 15 - Guns (? or a different song)

• Like 2

Love the first three quarters (especially the instrumental), underwhelmed by the ending though with those hallelujahs. And it ends too abruptly.

Have to agree, after a few listens.

I feel like this song could have been a huge 5 and a half minute long tear jerker, particularly at the end... It definitely feels like it's building towards something and doesn't quite get there.

Must admit though, that string arrangement is gorgeous, and I really like that there's no big introduction of drums. We're yet to listen to the album so it may make a lot more sense in the scheme of it.

• Like 4