✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Don't know if anyone else saw this but someone posted this in the discord. Angel Lopez (who helped with the production on EL, participating in the creation of Orphans and COTW) said that apparently during the EL recording sessions (or maybe even MOTS because we don't know how far back that project goes), Thundercat and Lianne La Havas were also in the studio? I know La Havas is already a huge fan and also opened for them during a leg in their AHFOD tour. The timestamp is at 6:00, if you guys want to check it out.

If this was during the recording for MOTS then we could see an album with a ton ofΒ collaborations, but I think a lot of them are going to be really, really promising. As of now we already have:

- Max Martin (Higher Power and potentially others)

- Jacob Collier (Human Heart and maybe others)

- We Are King (Human Heart)

- BTS (My Universe - not confirmed yet, obviously)

- Lianne La Havas (Potentially)

- Thundercat (Potentially)

- H.E.R. (According to one of the posts above)

- Jon Hopkins (Maybe? Given the space theme and his answer in his Reddit AMA)

- Madeon (IIRC he helped or had something to do with the Race, so he could also feature)

- Brian Eno (Unlikely, but given how far back the concept stretches, possibly?)

- More to come possibly?

This could end up being similar to Everyday Life, but with a more electronic and spacier sound. I'm excited!

Β 

Edited by TheBigBadBono
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't mean H.E.R.'s jamming with CM will end up on the album though. I think there's been A LOT of potential collaborators, at some point during MX stage and before even The Pierces were meant to be on some stuff, so thinking it all depends on what the song wants/needs!Β 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, harrisonrules said:

Β 

Wow, this performance of Higher Power (& Viva) is epic! Thanks for sharing :earmuffs:

It's great that they zoomed in on Will when he sings, love it! :will:

Β 

By the way, the Higher Power peformance starts from 41:30

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

You think? Well I think Mylo artwork looks way better than this square though, don't quite like that bright purple and the mix of colorsΒ ? Good work from you though!Β 

MX was very graffiti oriented and this gives off bright vibrant abstract art vibe which to me just screams Coldplay lately.

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion