✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Post pictures of the gorgeous Chris

Nick4Chris

what's wrong with wearing that shirt?

Two words : cultural appropriation. It's basically when someone takes something from another culture and tries to make it their ow i.e. waring a war bonnet or a bindi when you are white. Honestly I don't think Chris was trying to do this on purpose but seeing how diverse this fanbase is he should be aware of what things can be considered offensive to some people :)

i was expecting that answer :) i don't think it has anything to do with cultural appropriation. he has worn other t-shirts with native indian leaders on them. i think it shows his admiration for what they stand/stood for. regarding offending certain groups of people, the thing is, it is good to have your opinions and to stand by them. he is not preaching, just a t-shirt. i like it. it's no 'freedom for palestine' for sure :)

Two words : cultural appropriation. It's basically when someone takes something from another culture and tries to make it their ow i.e. waring a war bonnet or a bindi when you are white. Honestly I don't think Chris was trying to do this on purpose but seeing how diverse this fanbase is he should be aware of what things can be considered offensive to some people :)

i never understood cultural appropriation, specially when it comes about food

and i should be really mad about about it cause i'm italian and italy is one of the most "raped" country when it comes to cultural appropriation

but one time i saw someone getting mad because an american said he loved japanese and food calling it "cultural appropration" and said to him that he should have stopped eating japanese food and only eat his native food, which i find stupid

i mean, what's wrong? I see foreign people eating pasta, gelato, pizza, spaghetti's everyday, i see people wearing t-shirts with the pope, with rome, with venice but it doesn't bother me at all? Like, they aren't doing any harm, they just like a t-shirt, it's not like they are saying "with this shirt with rome in it i mean that italy is mine and so all its culture"

lolwat

I have tshirts with skulls and zombies on them, does that mean I'm disrespecting dead people too? I also have shirts with a japanese noodle on them, does that mean I'm making fun of Japan?

It's not like Chris is wearing a shirt with a freaking swastika on it jfc

Like REALLY

why are people so f*cking annoying about EVERYTHING today? And why do I have the feeling that most of this picky crap comes out of America :| (yeah I know, I just said it. Now throw all your shit towards me :charming:)

*edit: I just checked, there's not even a German wiki article about said topic yet. I haven't even heard of Cultural appropriation until now.

Now don't even get me started about people in other countries and German beer ...

I think it's to do with people whose culture has been oppressed or otherwise done harm (for example, American Indians). It could be offensive if someone pretends to know what they're talking about, or what that's like. I personally think there's no harm in supporting another culture either. It should be taken as a compliment.

But that's coming from someone whose culture hasn't been oppressed.

I guess it's kind of like, if you tell someone you feel sick and the other person says: "Oh I feel sick every day and I have migraines and fever and my leg is broken and I'm very close to dying but I never complain!:D"

Edit: The Batman should never make fun of Japanese noodles though. That's way out of line.

Edit2: I don't know why that link was added but if you want to buy a Batman video game it's very useful.

I think it's to do with people whose culture has been oppressed or otherwise done harm (for example, American Indians). It could be offensive if someone pretends to know what they're talking about, or what that's like. I personally think there's no harm in supporting another culture either. It should be taken as a compliment.

But that's coming from someone whose culture hasn't been oppressed.

I guess it's kind of like, if you tell someone you feel sick and the other person says: "Oh I feel sick every day and I have migraines and fever and my leg is broken and I'm very close to dying but I never complain!:D"

Edit: The Batman should never make fun of Japanese noodles though. That's way out of line.

Edit2: I don't know why that link was added but if you want to buy a Batman video game it's very useful.

I'm starting to think that people today tries to find every pretext possibile to get offended

It is true. Even if you try to understand something, it's never good enough.

We're having a huge discussion in Holland about a Dutch tradition/December holiday (Sinterklaas), which I'm very fond of and is completely harmless, and we're going to have to change it because people find it offensive. There's no way around it once people play that card.

I also feel like these things are influenced by America. They had an American UN 'expert' investigating it.

Okay I don't care if people eat or celebrate other holidays or practice yoga or what ever. The only thing that gets me is when people take something sacred or something very significant from another culture like I said before waring a war bonnet or a bindi when you are white. Also wearing skulls are not cultural appropriation.

Edit: I do have to agree with blue nails that americans do ruin everything.

Rihanna And Chris Martin Definitely Aren't Dating: 'He's Not Her Type Sexually Or Romantically'

Celebs can't step out for one meal together without the rumour mill going into overdrive. So when Rihanna and Chris Martin were spotted enjoying a dinner date over the weekend, the speculation really kicked off.

Rihanna and the Coldplay frontman have actually been buddies for a few years, since they collaborated on the hit song Princess of China in 2011. Over the weekend, it was time for a catchup as the two chart toppers were spotted dining at Giorgio Baldi restaurant in Los Angeles.

A source close to Rihanna has spilled the real reason for the dinner date though:

“Chris is nice, a real great guy who makes her laugh but in no way are they doing anything other than talking business and music,” the source told HollywoodLife. “That’s it and that’s what they were discussing.”

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/151971/Rihanna-And-Chris-Martin-Definitely-Arent-Dating-Hes-Not-Her-Type-Sexually-Or-Romantically?

OH CHRIS is not her type, now I am relieved :lol: :lol:

Also wearing skulls are not cultural appropriation.

Aha, so what about all the tribes wearing skulls of their enemies around their necks as trophies from winned wars? Isn't that also a very cultural thing?

This concept of cultural appropriation has so many holes in it it's ridiculous

*continues wearing a pink war bonnet, Celtic bands and a thirt with CHICKEN SOUP in Chinese letters on it*

PHEW! :sweatdrop: :lol:

Rihanna And Chris Martin Definitely Aren't Dating: 'He's Not Her Type Sexually Or Romantically'

Celebs can't step out for one meal together without the rumour mill going into overdrive. So when Rihanna and Chris Martin were spotted enjoying a dinner date over the weekend, the speculation really kicked off.

Rihanna and the Coldplay frontman have actually been buddies for a few years, since they collaborated on the hit song Princess of China in 2011. Over the weekend, it was time for a catchup as the two chart toppers were spotted dining at Giorgio Baldi restaurant in Los Angeles.

A source close to Rihanna has spilled the real reason for the dinner date though:

“Chris is nice, a real great guy who makes her laugh but in no way are they doing anything other than talking business and music,” the source told HollywoodLife. “That’s it and that’s what they were discussing.”

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/151971/Rihanna-And-Chris-Martin-Definitely-Arent-Dating-Hes-Not-Her-Type-Sexually-Or-Romantically?

As much as I think they're not dating, maybe a little flirty considering that video and this video (beware it's pap one) , I don't think that article is true because it's gossip magazine and it's seem as gossipy as the emerald ring for alexa chung .

:sneaky: :

tumblr_mdyvtdwElT1rtwmxqo6_250.gif

tumblr_mdyvtdwElT1rtwmxqo5_250.gif

tumblr_mdyvtdwElT1rtwmxqo4_250.gif

Sorry :laugh3:

Wearing a skull and trying to imitate a tribal person is cultural appropriation.

1280px-MGD06JesusSaysBuyMoreArt.jpg

So this is not cultural appropriation right? He's wearing the war bonnet because it's colourful (or in this in the colours of the American flagg) and he probably likes it just because it looks cool. He's not trying to imitate being an acutal native American.

this [/url] video (beware it's pap one) , I don't think that article is true because it's gossip magazine and it's seem as gossipy as the emerald ring for alexa chung .

LOL

No seriously they were totally making out after that dinner :nod:

... my source totally told me that :nod::nod:

:uhoh:

:nod:

this [/url] video (beware it's pap one) , I don't think that article is true because it's gossip magazine and it's seem as gossipy as the emerald ring for alexa chung .

:sneaky: :

tumblr_mdyvtdwElT1rtwmxqo6_250.gif

tumblr_mdyvtdwElT1rtwmxqo5_250.gif

tumblr_mdyvtdwElT1rtwmxqo4_250.gif

Sorry :laugh3:

any of these articles are true! they are just writing what they want :lol:

tumblr_n6x3oi7PeW1txwdnxo7_250.gif

tumblr_n6x3oi7PeW1txwdnxo8_250.gif

I screamed and closed my eyes in that moment :x

Yeah but i'm surprised any of these gossip magazine didn't write " Rihanna is the reason Gwyn and Chris broke up!!!!! our anonymous source which is us tell us " as they did with Alexa

haha i am waiting for that article... :lol:

Out of joy or disgust? :uhoh::lol:

Everything .. intimate with Chris is nice for me. I don't care with whom he gets close on stage :wink3:

both but disgust>joy :lol:

this was the best intimacy on stage (not exactly the stage but still.. :lol: ) (and except Buckin moments )

snl-garfield-chris-martin-618x400.jpg

http://www.buzzsugar.com/Andrew-Garfield-Emma-Stone-Spider-Man-Kiss-SNL-Sketch-34714708