🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

🌙 Coldplay: Moon Music 🎵 | Out October 4th | Discussion

Doomotron

33 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Theoretically they could do a digital release first and roll out the vinyl a few months later, but I don't see Warner wanting to fragment the release that way as it may negatively effect chart numbers. So we're probably looking at the end of the year 

What do you think, when the Single will be released?

I'm willing to bet the single will be out sometime next week, hopefully alongside the album announcement. It would be strange to tease the single now and not release it for another fortnight. They're getting a bit of press coverage for the snippet now and it would be weird if they chose not to capitalise on that momentum. 

• Like 2

Very promising tease. FLIFIL feels like the heart of MOTS combined with better production and more intstruments, so basically in many ways like Mylo Xyloto. Jonny's guitar tone sounds a bit like the X&Y era to me. Promising start, but as ever one has to wonder if they are teasing this era with the Oldplay vibe to start but then future singles will be very pop produced later on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

Very promising tease. FLIFIL feels like the heart of MOTS combined with better production and more intstruments, so basically in many ways like Mylo Xyloto. Jonny's guitar tone sounds a bit like the X&Y era to me. Promising start, but as ever one has to wonder if they are teasing this era with the Oldplay vibe to start but then future singles will be very pop produced later on.

I think the plan was to release Jupiter as a single but they changed their plan and that's why they delayed the single(that's pure speculation not info)

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

I have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t expecting anything quality from this project but this one at least hits all the right spots. I’m even getting some Viva Rainy Day vibes from Jonny’s riff and Chris's crescendo at the end of the snippet!

Edited by nvdmm
  • Like 1

I don´t really care about the outfits, but I can´t understand to lose the opportunity of showing your new single to a "small" audience, and then release it worldwide a week later officially. In a stadium there is a mayority of casual fans, people that don´t know more than one or two songs from the last album and can´t tell the difference between AROBTTH and X&Y, but the real fans deserve not to see exactly the same show from last year. Really disappointing in my opinion.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, edupoint said:

I don´t really care about the outfits, but I can´t understand to lose the opportunity of showing your new single to a "small" audience, and then release it worldwide a week later officially. In a stadium there is a mayority of casual fans, people that don´t know more than one or two songs from the last album and can´t tell the difference between AROBTTH and X&Y, but the real fans deserve not to see exactly the same show from last year. Really disappointing in my opinion.

Good point, except you’re assuming that they’re  gonna be officially releasing the single next Friday when they never said that. 

3 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Good point, except you’re assuming that they’re  gonna be officially releasing the single next Friday when they never said that. 

When I say "next friday" I mean very soon, but you´re right, Phil said there´ll be an anouncement really soon but we don´t really know anything else. But as Famous Old Painter just said, doesn´t make any sense to release the teaser and the wait a month or two to release the actual single. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Xylobryte7 said:

Phil just said the album is what he believes is the closest relative to VLV. Moon Music is gonna be unreal!

Phil said his favorite song from MOTS was biutyful, i take everything he says with a grain of salt 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Xylobryte7 said:

Phil just said the album is what he believes is the closest relative to VLV. Moon Music is gonna be unreal!

Okay, but hearing “All my Love” and the clip they posted on Insta about “final bit of recording”, that is most likely the song that was sound checked on January:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/s/MjPXyiUTl0

it indeed sounds like it has some Viva flashes… some specks of it. That is if said songs are on the album, and they don’t kill them with over production! 
Anyhow, 

Always hope! 🌙🩵

Edited by AnaMarie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xylobryte7 said:

Feels Like I'm Falling In Love doesn't sound very Viva-ish, but it does sound a bit like the Mylo era. Not a bad one to go back too I say, although we'll need to hear the rest of the album to know for sure what it sounds like.

• stephen changed the title to 🌙 Coldplay: Moon Music 🎵 | Out October 4th | Discussion