✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads up to any UK Keane fans in here - on their facebook page there's details of a new competition:

I've already entered, good luck to anyone else entering. :nice:

Oh yeah, I did this too. Also, Tim and Tom are doing a special acoustic gig on the 21 April for Record Store Day, if anyone is interested. Tickets are free and it's first come, first serve :)

Sea Fog (with lyrics):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSdFAdVCqWU]Sea Fog - Keane + Lyrics (NEW 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

Black Rain (with lyrics):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUZZlWpzlZ0]Black Rain - Keane + Lyrics (NEW 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

They both sound like they could have been on H&F or UTIS.

On the Road (with lyrics):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suqXUeuJNdY]On the Road - Keane + Lyrics (NEW 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

This one just sounds like it could be this summer's hit.

The Starting Line (live GOOD audio quality) + lyrics:

Thanks for posting this and all the other videos!

I don't know what was done to that video, but the sound is indeed great and Tom's voice is just :heart:

I'm very excited to get the new album. Starting Line is such a beautiful and moving song. From all the ones I've listened to (this plus Silenced by the night and Disconnected), that's my favourite.

Am I the only one that thinks relasing the same album at the same time with only 4 more tracks and calling it "Deluxe Edition" is ridiculous? That's Rihanna style, not Keane....so just release it with all songs, I feel like if I buy the normal edition I will be buying just part of it, that's just an excuse to make people pay more for a "Deluxe Edition" that's actually just the complete album. I'm pretty sure that idea came from the label, but really??

Am I the only one that thinks relasing the same album at the same time with only 4 more tracks and calling it "Deluxe Edition" is ridiculous? That's Rihanna style, not Keane....so just release it with all songs, I feel like if I buy the normal edition I will be buying just part of it, that's just an excuse to make people pay more for a "Deluxe Edition" that's actually just the complete album. I'm pretty sure that idea came from the label, but really??

Err... the deluxe edition is actually because there's also a book, a DVD and a poster.

What about this one? http://store.keanemusic.com/Store/DII-3818-4-strangeland+%28cd+expanded+version%29+preorder.html (I used the wrong name, it's "extended", whatever, still ridiculous)

I didn't even know that version existed, lol. I don't know. There has to be something for everyone, I guess. Maybe they thought 16 songs were too many, I don't know. Anyway, if you don't want it, don't buy it. They want to make money? Yes of couse, like everyone else :lol:

Guest howyousawtheworld

They are such a comfortable band are Keane. Really really enjoying Silenced By The Night. Tom Chaplin proving why he is one of my favourite vocalists. He seems to get better with each album! There are some bands you just listen to because you are in awe of the vocals. Keane are one of them. A-ha, REM and U2 were others.

I think Keane are going to prove that to go forward sometimes you have to take a step back again. It's not playing it safe. It's playing it good.

They are such a comfortable band are Keane. Really really enjoying Silenced By The Night. Tom Chaplin proving why he is one of my favourite vocalists. He seems to get better with each album! There are some bands you just listen to because you are in awe of the vocals. Keane are one of them. A-ha, REM and U2 were others.

I think Keane are going to prove that to go forward sometimes you have to take a step back again. It's not playing it safe. It's playing it good.

Well put, I agree :P

I'm getting the deluxe edition btw peeps. It has a hardback book with and a story written by some famous author called William Boyd I think. It's only 25 which is pretty good compared to £55 for the pop-up edition of MX!

No it isn't if you think about it.

But literally, as you present it, if I'm driving north to Canada, but I decide to turn around and drive south to Mexico so I can get there sooner, that would make no sense.

I get what you're trying to say, but I chuckled at the way you presented it.

But yes this new Keane stuff is much better than Perfect Symmetry which makes me want to projectile vomit