✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked 'Strangeland'.

I don't get why putting rankings on albums in terms of quality matters. I see the aspect of personal interest, don't get me wrong.

Because personally, I enjoyed PS by Keane, it was fun and different - not their 'generic' or 'branded' sound - but still entertaining to say the least (minus one or two songs). This was similar to MX and Coldplay. People wanted VIVA #2 but didn't get it. Just enjoy the music the bands make is what I say.

There will never be another UTIS, or another Viva La Vida, or another Joshua Tree, or another Turn on The Bright Lights, but hey - they are there and to be enjoyed. Why do we always need more of the same and can't appreciate the evolution of sound and the effort of being creative?

- on a side note - I won't go anywhere close to Night Train, LOL :laugh3:

• 2 weeks later...
There will never be another UTIS, or another Viva La Vida, or another Joshua Tree, or another Turn on The Bright Lights, but hey - they are there and to be enjoyed. Why do we always need more of the same and can't appreciate the evolution of sound and the effort of being creative?

...I didn't like Viva la Vida. :P (and I think Achtung Baby is way better than Joshua Tree, but that's a whole different discussion haha)

Glad SLC became a single. Best single since "A Bad Dream".

...I didn't like Viva la Vida. :P (and I think Achtung Baby is way better than Joshua Tree, but that's a whole different discussion haha)

Glad SLC became a single. Best single since "A Bad Dream".

I am talking in generalities here, lol - I am on your side in this case, Viva and TJT are not my favorites either

From Brazilian site G1.com:

Keane e Maroon 5 vão fazer shows no Brasil em agosto, diz site

Bandas se apresentam no Rio (dia 25) e em São Paulo (26).

Grupo liderado por Adam Levine tocou no Rock in Rio em 2011.

Os grupos Keane e Maroon 5 vão se apresentar no Rio (25 de agosto, na HSBC Arena) e em São Paulo (26, Arena Anhembi). A informação foi confirmada pelo Keane em seu site oficial. Ainda não há informações sobre venda de ingressos.

O Maroon 5, liderado pelo vocalista Adam Levine, veio ao Brasil pela última vez no Rock in Rio, na edição do ano passado. O trio inglês Keane esteve no país em 2009. O grupo lançou neste mês o disco "Strangeland".

Shows das bandas em outras cidades brasileiras também estão cotados, mas ainda não foram confirmados oficialmente.

Basically it says they will tour along with Maroon 5 and play on Rio de Janeiro(HSBC Arena) and São Paulo(Arena Ahnembi) on August 25 and 26, nothing official. Another brazilian cities might be added. (crossing fngers)

Basically it says they will tour along with Maroon 5 and play on Rio de Janeiro(HSBC Arena) and São Paulo(Arena Ahnembi) on August 25 and 26, nothing official. Another brazilian cities might be added. (crossing fngers)

It is official. If you head over to Keane's website, the dates are right there:

http://www.keanemusic.com/keane-live-view.php?id=656

http://www.keanemusic.com/keane-live-view.php?id=655

Thanks for the info anyway :D

I don't understand though what is this event that Maroon 5 is headlining along to Keane.

I am liking Strangeland for the lyrical content and stuff but I really think it's a step back from what they should be. It's nothing compared to Night Train and it sounds more like a Hope and Fears #2 (not that it's connotation is being as bad, but not different.). I guess the better reason I'm disappointed of the album is the high hopes I had for it, to be something new and refreshing, but ALSO having some type of new angle in their music. It's not bad and it's something to look to, but it just sounds like the typical style of music they always play.

(I still think Under The Iron Sea was their best ever album. Hate me or not :P )

Having listened to it, I think it's a nice balance between their first three albums. It has the piano work of H&F, the guitars of UTIS, and the synths of PS, and it seems to all come together in a sound that's not different (as it has influences from other works), but is nevertheless enjoyable.

Keane and Maroon 5 are in my top 5 favourite bands. Keane came so hard with Perfect Symmetry they really got me with that, but before that Somewhere Only We Know and Bad Dream were stellar records I'd play all the time

I know some Keane songs but did not really get into the band..until now , I am now listening to Strangeland because I haven't listened to it yet. should I go back and listen to all their earlier songs before I listen to the new?

Well, if you enjoy the new album you will love their previous stuff, wich are better, but I think their most balanced album is Under The Iron Sea because it includes the best from the first album and intruduces some of the aspects of Perfect Symmetry, by the way don't start with the later, people tend not to like it, I love it though. Anyway, UTIS is a good start!