✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane fans are called Strangers.

Strangers cause of the DVD from 2005 called Strangers, cause we live in Strangeland and because We might as well be strangers. ;)

It's also cause Keane have always felt kind of out of place in the musical scene, same with their fans, who Irvine Welsh (director of Atlantic) described as "unhip and uncool weirdos" (in a "good" way).

Keane are aware of the name too: http://perezhilton.com/2012-07-05-chatting-with-keane-interview-perez

Okay, I guess that's what we are then...but if I go up to someone and tell them I'm a Stranger...they'll have no idea what I'm talking about. @.@ But I guess that's okay...but I don't think anyone (except maybe my brother) would say I was a weirdo...but I definitely don't always feel like I fit in...

Okay, I guess that's what we are then...but if I go up to someone and tell them I'm a Stranger...they'll have no idea what I'm talking about. @.@ But I guess that's okay...but I don't think anyone (except maybe my brother) would say I was a weirdo...but I definitely don't always feel like I fit in...

That's cause the name is quite new. Some Keane fans don't even know about the name yet. It all started as a Tumblr joke, until one of us went to a concert and told Tim about the name and he seemed to like it and mentioned it in that interview. People are slowly starting to call themselves Strangers now haha

Perez Hilton said "but if they're strangers together, then they're not strangers anymore" and Tim replied "there's a certain romance to that".

That's cause the name is quite new. Some Keane fans don't even know about the name yet. It all started as a Tumblr joke, until one of us went to a concert and told Tim about the name and he seemed to like it and mentioned it in that interview. People are slowly starting to call themselves Strangers now haha

Perez Hilton said "but if they're strangers together, then they're not strangers anymore" and Tim replied "there's a certain romance to that".

It's a great name for us Keane fans! What Tim said is what I was thinking. It might seem to not make sence, but for Keane fans, it's perfect!

I think we need to find a way to spread this so all Keane fans become Strangers.

Well, I've only listened to it once, but I like it.

You know what I've always wondered? Why no bands (besides some K-pop bands) come to Mongolia. Well.....actually, I guess it makes sence...but if Keane ever decided to go to Mongolia, I'd take a plane to Mongolia to watch them. ^.^

They're Coming to Thailand though! *happy dance*

Well, I've only listened to it once, but I like it.

You know what I've always wondered? Why no bands (besides some K-pop bands) come to Mongolia. Well.....actually, I guess it makes sence...but if Keane ever decided to go to Mongolia, I'd take a plane to Mongolia to watch them. ^.^

They're Coming to Thailand though! *happy dance*

Edit: It seems my Stupid iPod made me post double posts...how do I delete this?