✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

Guest howyousawtheworld
But literally, as you present it, if I'm driving north to Canada, but I decide to turn around and drive south to Mexico so I can get there sooner, that would make no sense.

I get what you're trying to say, but I chuckled at the way you presented it.

But yes this new Keane stuff is much better than Perfect Symmetry which makes me want to projectile vomit

Err that's not quite what it means.

And I'm not necessarily having a go at Perfect Symmetry when I say that. I personally absolutely loved Spiralling and Better Than This and they did make great singles for me. But I think Keane are best served with the sort of stuff they did on their first two albums. I would like to hear them change sound again though.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, theyre first 2 albums are great, specially Hopes and Fears, but what I've heard so far seems just some generic copy of what they've done back there. Perfect Symmetry is really good, they went to a direction no one was expecting, I was hoping they would go further with that sound on the 4th album, now what we've got is Under The Iron Sea 2.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Honestly, theyre first 2 albums are great, specially Hopes and Fears, but what I've heard so far seems just some generic copy of what they've done back there. Perfect Symmetry is really good, they went to a direction no one was expecting, I was hoping they would go further with that sound on the 4th album, now what we've got is Under The Iron Sea 2.

I totally understand where you're coming from but as long as the songs are there from this band that's all that matters for me.

Am I the only one that thinks relasing the same album at the same time with only 4 more tracks and calling it "Deluxe Edition" is ridiculous? That's Rihanna style, not Keane....so just release it with all songs, I feel like if I buy the normal edition I will be buying just part of it, that's just an excuse to make people pay more for a "Deluxe Edition" that's actually just the complete album. I'm pretty sure that idea came from the label, but really??

Maybe the 4 special tracks are live versions/remixes etc...

Disconnected - Video teaser. Out on Monday!

Alredy o.O, why so fast?

I kinda felt like they went in a really interesting direction with Under The Iron Sea and Perfect Symmetry. The new single kind of undoes all that and reverts back to same old, same old, except less interesting. I'll give the new album a listen but I don't hold out much hope

:nod: exactly what I think

^ WTF?! The title track is a bonus, not on the actual album??? There are a lot of wrong things on this album campaign...well it's boring so it's a good thing it's not on it

Look. You can never please anyone. With PS, lots of people complained that it was lame that the album was named after a song in the same album. Now that it's actually a bonus track people are complaining too.

And second, there's NO WAY this song is boring. You can say you don't like it. But this is not boring. This song is 100% Keane. It reminds me of H&F, if you think this is boring, then you must think that 80% of Keane songs are boring...

^ Yeah I've listened to it again, It's not that bad, I liked it, more than SBTN, and sorry for all the hate I've been putting here lately, I'm just not liking this album at all, I'll stop and just wait for the whole thing to complain if I don't like it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUHkPf9D9k&feature]Keane - Disconnected - YouTube[/ame]

The anti-piracy thing in Italian at the begginning is full of mistakes (the word "accettaria" doesn't even exist :lol:) but this video is a masterpiece