✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

Nope, I'm Spanish and I can assure you that "accettaria" is not a word in our language either :lol:

I LOVED THIS VIDEO. I think the only mistake is that it doesn't fit the song so much in terms that you pay much more attention to the story of the video than to the song. But it's definetly one of the best videos (not only by Keane) that I've seen in a long time.

And you can already listen to the preview of Strangeland, including the bonus tracks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINsA-EumpQ]Keane - Strangeland (iTunes previews) - YouTube[/ame]

It sounds amazing. I specially loved the bonus track "The Boys" and "Run with me". They sound a bit un-Keane and weird at first but then... woah. They sound like some kind of weird mix between The Police and Supertramp. Really good!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I think it's supposed to be Spanish, as the directors of and actors in the video are all Spanish and the video was shot in Barcelona. Great video by the way, definitely the best they've done in a long time!

It's definitely Italian but there are some mistakes, such as "accettaria" it should have been "accettarla", they put an i instead of a l. Also the title of the movie is Sconnessi, which is the italian translation of Disconnected. Even the actors' names were "italianized", the actress real name is Leticia Dolera (you can see it in the end credits) but at the begininning she's introduced as Letizia Doleri, while the actor's Félix Gómez instead of Felice Gomeso.

It's a clear tribute to Dario Argento horror movies : )

This is actually not the firt time Keane has a creepy music video, remember Atlantic (which is a song I love btw)

Keane - Disconnected - YouTube[/url]

The anti-piracy thing in Italian at the begginning is full of mistakes (the word "accettaria" doesn't even exist :lol:) but this video is a masterpiece

Same old same old. I give up on them.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Sovereign Light Cafe is an absolute gem of a song! One of, if not, their best. This version is just beautiful as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PvtcK6nn7M&feature=related]Sovereign Light Café - Keane + Lyrics (NEW 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

So I've just finished listening to Strangeland leak, and it's a bit better than I expected. Still it's a pretty average album comparing to all their previous works. All songs are good, but they lack the energy of PS, emotion of H&F and the nice synth arrangements of UTIS. I would say it has 3 really good tracks and the rest is OK. If you wish to listen just to some songs from it I would recomend Sovereign Light Café, On The Road and Sea Fog. Maybe I'm just sleepy and haven't really listened to it right, but those are my initial impressions.

I hadn't listened to any of the live songs (I find that often ruins listening to studio songs) so I'm going into this only having heard "Silenced by the Night" before.

Upon first listen, feels like a return to the simplified piano melodies of Hopes and Fears, only less memorable. Which - for the record - probably still makes it a lot better than Perfect Symmetry. "Sovereign Light Cafe" and "Black Rain" are first listen standouts. Thought the album was really plodding and dull until SLC came along, actually.

I'm pretty impressed with the album overall at this point, although at the moment I'm not really sure where it ranks among the other albums. I like pretty much every song, with the least favorite being Watch How You Go, although it's still a good song. My favorites include You Are Young, , Disconnected, Sovereign Light Cafe, Neon River, In Your Own Time, Black Rain, and Silenced By The Night. While the studio versions of Black Rain and Sea Fog are still great, I'm slightly disappointed, and feel the live versions sound a bit better. I liked the way Black Rain ended when they played it live, but the studio version just fades out. Sea fog sounds a bit faster than it did live to me, especially the ending parts where tom sings "sea fog rolling" X 3. With that said, I'm still enjoying the album very much so, and have it on repeat at the moment.