✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldn't sleep last night' date=' and i realized it was 2am on the 20th, and i was like OMG IT'S THE 20th! and so i bought it on itunes at 2 am. and i've listened to it 9 times already.. i love it![/quote']

Wow, did that help you sleep better?

I go to sleep listening to 'Atlantic'. The chords are absolutely beautiful and so soothing....... :nice:

I think 'Bad Dream' can be Keane's 'Fix You'.

(but better............................... :uhoh:)

Well, what I mean to say is that 'Bad Dream' doesn't SOUND like 'Fix You' (although it does leave you with the same bittersweet taste in your mouth when it's done). But I think it can reach that level of identity, or meaning.

I hope so, at least. I think that 'Is It Any Wonder' is a great kick off single. But I definately feel that 'Bad Dream' and even 'Nothing In My Way' and 'Crystal Ball' are all tracks that could shoot up the tracks.

Well, what I mean to say is that 'Bad Dream' doesn't SOUND like 'Fix You' (although it does leave you with the same bittersweet taste in your mouth when it's done). But I think it can reach that level of identity, or meaning.

I hope so, at least. I think that 'Is It Any Wonder' is a great kick off single. But I definately feel that 'Bad Dream' and even 'Nothing In My Way' and 'Crystal Ball' are all tracks that could shoot up the tracks.

Yeah I understood what you were saying about Bad Dream and Fix You. I just remember on my first listen one of the songs had a sound that sounded just like X&Y and I was thinking this would be cool to make one of those mashups with.

Whoa, I agree! Coldplay vs. Keane songs would be so cool, actually. :heart:

I think the song that reminds me the most of Coldplay is the begining of 'Put It Behind You'. It just sounds like something they would do. (I'm glad Keane beat them too it though..... :sneaky: ) The begining of 'Broken Toy' reminds me a lot of Radiohead, actually. I fucking LOVE it.

Is anyone else going out to NYC this friday for the album signing and instore gig??

I'm listening to a stream of the entire album via MSN Music... so far, I'm on track 2 (Is It Any Wonder)--- I'm loving the first track as well! I can't wait to go buy this.. I'm loving what I'm hearing.... and I didn't listen to any of the leaked tracks either :P I'm being good on that note.. same with Muse. :nice:

Agreed about everything..I loooove Bad Dream, it's so me :heart:

Broken Toy is amazing. I love stomping to the bass drum. =D

Hamburg Song... when I first heard this I'm like... Radiohead?! The beginning sounds very similar to "Motion Picture Soundtrack."

really?? I'll have to hear it again.. I have a live version of this song, I've had it for a year now.. so I'm not really accustomed to the studio version... I'll give it a go.

But I love this song as well.. the first time I heard it was when I saw them live in NYC last year in Feb.

Great tune...

Agreed about everything..I loooove Bad Dream' date=' it's so me :heart:[/quote']

I know what you mean. The whole album just really fits my personal taste in music. When I say I like Keane, no one's ever surprised. :laugh4::cool:

OMG. Wow. :stunned:

Hamburg Song.... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!! :nice:

I really love this part:

"Is it just a waste of time trying to be your friend? Shine, shine shine...

Shine a little light...shine a light on my life and warm me up again.

Fool, I wonder if you know yourself at all..."

:heart:

Bought the album today....on my first listen at the moment....me likey so far! :)

Bad Dream is my fave so far by miles. :heart:

Still not too keen on Atlantic :\ maybe it will grow on me...

WHAT?!?! How can you not just orgasm over Atlantic. One of the best songs I have ever heard by anyone! Keep listening! :shocked2: :dizzy2:

Atlantic is amazing, the chords at the end just hit a place in my heart.... :nice:

I love Hamburg Song! Aaaaaah, the lyrics are so beautiful...

I meet Keane tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :stunned: I'm so nervous!