✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The Beatles were together about the same length of time that Coldplay have been together. In that time, they recorded over 200 songs. Amazing output, and only a handful of duds in the lot. Boring? Never. Thank goodness Coldplay paid attention and realize that songs should have a melody. :)

• 2 months later...

Beatles :heart:

My favourites songs:

Penny Lane

Get Back

Lady Madonna

You Never Give Me Your Money

Carry That Way

Something

Act Naturally

I've Just Seen A Face

Baby You're A Rich Man

Here Comes The Sun

Sun King

Blackbird

Hey Jude

Let It Be

Paperback Writer

Good Night

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

She's Leaving Home

Getting Better

Etc Etc Etc

One of my favourites bands.. definitively

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Music label EMI has settled a royalties dispute with Apple Corps, the publishing grou

An_Beatles_200704122143153750_afp.jpgApple_200704122143153751_afp.jpgPaul_Mc_200704122143154062_afp.jpg

Music label EMI has settled a royalties dispute with Apple Corps, the publishing group founded by The Beatles, in a move that could finally enable fans to buy legal downloads of the Fab Four's hits.

LONDON (AFP) - "I can confirm that we have reached a mutually acceptable settlement and that we are not going to say anything more than that," an EMI spokeswoman told AFP.

EMI was still working towards putting The Beatles' songs, including "Let it Be," "Hey Jude" and "Come Together," on Apple Inc.'s iTunes website, she added.

News of the settlement was overshadowed, however, by a report Thursday which said Warner Music has been warned not to overpay in its takeover bid for EMI.

In afternoon trade, the share price in EMI fell 0.60 percent to 223.40 pence on London's second tier FTSE 250 index, which was lower overall.

Apple Corps -- owned by surviving Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr and the widows of bandmates John Lennon and George Harrison -- had claimed that EMI owed 30 million pounds (44 million euros, 59 million dollars) in missing royalties from album sales between 1994 and 1999.

The band had begun legal proceedings in London's High Court in 2005 to recover the alleged missing funds.

The vast catalogue of Beatles hits has been barred from legal Internet download sites at the band's insistence, despite protests from EMI, which owns their recording rights.

Beatles' songs have long circulated on the Internet as unlicensed downloads, available from peer-to-peer sites, but industry analysts say a decision to release them would be a boon for the legal downloading industry.

British newspaper The Daily Telegraph had reported earlier Thursday that EMI and Apple Corps had agreed to settle the case at the end of March -- but added that the terms of the settlement were confidential.

The two sides could now reach an agreement on new royalties for the sale of Beatles' songs over the Internet, particularly on the iTunes music website, the paper added without citing its source.

Earlier this month, EMI said it would offer songs from its artists for download without copy protection as part of a deal with iTunes, which is touted by iPod maker Apple as the world's most popular digital music store.

EMI, the world's third-largest music group, has said it will begin to sell music without anti-piracy software over the Internet from May, but did not specify a launch date.

The announcement only covered EMI's existing digital catalogue -- which includes the likes of Coldplay, Madonna and Robbie Williams.

Elsewhere, London's Daily Telegraph newspaper reported Thursday that a key Warner Music shareholder has said the music group should not consider paying "anything near" the 320 pence per share it offered for EMI last year.

Scott Sperling, co-president of Thomas H Lee Partners, which owns 37.2 percent of Warner, reportedly told the Reuters Hedge Funds and Private Equity Summit in New York that sliding profits and growth at EMI were becoming "increasingly problematic,", affecting any price Warner might now offer.

EMI had last month rejected a fresh informal takeover bid by Warner claiming the cash offer worth 260 pence a share, or 2.08 billion pounds (3.07 billion euros, 4.05 billion dollars) was "inadequate."

http://news.sawf.org/Entertainment/35846.aspx

New Paul McCartney single to air on Friday

The first single from Paul McCartney's upcoming album Memory Almost Full will be released to radio on Friday (April 20th). The news of the single, called "Ever Present Past," was posted on the chat board for studio technician Steve Hoffman's website. It was on Hoffman's site that the tracklisting and description of the upcoming album was first leaked.

The track was described on the website stevehoffman.tv as being, "Musically quirky -- McCartney II (album) fans will love this one -- hooky and clever with great lyrics, addictive robotic rhythm, nifty distorted guitar riffs and terrific double-tracked vocals. Fully realized top-drawer 'Macca Pop' in every respect, (with the) opening line: 'I've got too much on my plate -- I've got no time to be a decent lover.' A+"

There's been no official release date set for the single of "Ever Present Past," but a video reportedly was shot for the album's lead-off track, "Dancing Tonight," starring Natalie Portman and The Office star Mackenzie Crook. Memory Almost Full will be released on June 5th.

Steve Hoffman is a well respected album mastering engineer, who is responsible for conforming digital sound and analog tape into either a vinyl LP or compact disc.

Ringo Starr's longtime producer Mark Hudson first worked with McCartney in 1997. He says that McCartney has more than earned the right to be as experimental as he wants to be: "There's a weird thing about getting older and being relevant. And sometimes we try to be, 'Oh, we better sound like Coldplay or Radiohead, 'cause that's what's happening now.' And I think that when it come to the Beatles, they have nothing else to prove other than being what they wanna be. And if they wanna stretch out and try something new, they could do a polka album -- 'cause they paid their dues and done their stuff."

http://www.therockradio.com/2007/04/new-paul-mccartney-single-to-air-on.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Beatles, most overrated band in history

First of all, if you don't like the beatles, don't let people tell you that you are wrong and have no musical taste. I don't get why people feel the need to like the Beatles just because they are SUPPOSED to like them. How many of you would honestly play a shitty Beatles CD in your spare time? None - exactly! So stop kidding yourselves. All music now is better than the Beatles. That is a fact. The Beatles were revolutionary, but all modern music has builded upon the Beatles' solid foundation. Everyone now has improved on the Beatles in every single way, yet I will get shut down for saying that. But that isn't a dig at the Beatles - just the truth. Everyone has copied what the Beatles did but improved on all of their weaknessed, from songwriting to the actual music (which is a compliment to the Beatles that they ARE the band who people copy). But to say music now is worse than the Beatles just because the Beatles were "the first" is plain stupid. Take off your biased blinkers and realize that the Beatles served their purpose and now music is moving on, and more importantly - improving.

Ringo Star

Ringo is obviously the least talented. How the hell did this guy get the job? Were the other three so fucked up at the time that Ringo actually sounded good to them? The rest of the band must have sobered up enough a couple of times to make sure Ringo's track was turned down for the final cut, however. Talk about a white guy with no rhythm. Hell, a random search of the London pubs would result in a better drummer. What's the difference between Ringo and a stopped watch? The watch is actually on time twice a day. You know it's bad when 'Yellow Submarine' was his shining moment!

Paul McCartney

Paul and Linda's "I know what's best so I'm not going to serve meat at my concert" shit definitely brings them up to second place. Apparently that clean living didn't quite work out as planned for them. I think it's a wake up call to live your life to its fullest, perhaps in place of surfing the net reading Beatles pages. And don't give me this great songwriting line of bull. Anyone can write a song in 4/4 time with 3 or 4 chords.

George Harrison

Well, he's dead. Can we now please stop releasing songs from dead guys? That "Set on you" bit a few years back almost had George beat out Paul on the list. One or two more of those and he would have definitely taken the title.

John Lennon

John is probably the least least talented. I won't say the most talented, because that would imply some sort of talent actually existed. But I have to wonder about a guy who hangs around with Yoko.

source : http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=235006473

I couldnt say it better,credits to this man