This week: We'll be a super cool country-hop band

Next week: We'll be recording a collection of whale and platipus noises

^^hahah good one

i sure hope this is just Chris's sense of humor :/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chris has this in common with bono: because he has a serious persona, the mainstream press takes everything he says seriously even when he is obviously saying something off the cuff/joking, etc.

but hip hop beats and coldplay would NOT be a bad thing.

we all know how much chris loves missy elliot and timbaland.

bring it on, yo!

i personally will follow chris/ coldplay wherever they go' date=' but that doesn't mean i WANT the nappies singing green eyes with heavy bass either. i think we all fall into the trap of taking chris too seriously sometimes. in an interview before x&y came out, he said that coldplay had come full circle, which i took to mean another parachutes type album was next. chris doesn't know what he wants right now, and they aren't even close to recording, so until we hear a leak of that nappies 'til kingdom come song, i'm not going to worry. and i agree with the earlier posts that will won't let him. thank god for will!! i love chris martin, no matter how weird he gets![/quote']

Yeah, Chris definitely needs some time off to get away from all this hoopla that's going on in his life right now and gain some perspective and meaningful reflection time... If he manages to do that, perhaps the next album will be THE ONE. I felt it was a pity that X&Y suffered some because Chris seemed a little lost- all the other guys were so focused and it showed.

Honestly, it doesn't sound SO bad, but if they do it, they best go back to the Coldplay we all know and love. Although if worst comes to worst, couldn't they just put out a Passengers album of sorts?

I'd definitely still buy it. Think of the possibilites! Coldplay just can't go wrong in my mind. :lol:

I don't believe this. does this mean that the hard and fast album Martin was talking about it not going to happen? why doesn't Martin just quit acting like a 10-year-old and make another solid Coldplay record. I guess his musical genius comes at a price.

ColdPlay in country and hip-hop music

What a brilliant combination, Coldplay mixing their style into some Country and hip-hop music. Sounds like it will taste really good, also reaching out to a broader range of audience types. Yes Coldplay should become better known from this newly found diversity. Always my vote of confidence, whatever my precious Coldplay decides to create... Coldplay must continue to be themselves or it won't be Coldplay me mates. Without Chris on the piano though, then I may have to come and spank him.

• 2 months later...

This is bullshit. Country, hip hop etc ?

What's next? Death metal? No way.

I believe they will come up with something new, but not in a shocking way. I just don't think they can pretend to be someone else. At least I hope they can't. I mean I don't wanna hear Gwyneth rapping, see Chris and the boys in baggy clothes, and I don't wanna see the piano replaced by a guy breaking :angry: :lol: