✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arctic Monkeys!

Lamposts

from what's in your signature and avatar so far, i'm sure they're all beautiful. you have great camera skills lol, especially in situations involving extreme shoving and screaming :P

jamie is adorable :wink:

by the way, do you rememeber what time most people started showing up at? and how did you manage to sneak in a camera?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much!!!

Well, I talk about ALL of that in my entry on Greatest Journal (which is public :) ):

http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/rocknserve/308855.html

But here's the short answer, people started to arrive around 6-6:30. I was fourth at 4:15, a couple girls were there at 12pm. It was kind of surprising to both me and the AM concert veterans that there weren't more people showing up before 6ish. By 7:15 there were about 70 people around. I highly recommend either getting a rail or staying in the back or to the side, do not stand in the center towards the front of the stage. LMFAO unless you really DO want to mosh ;)

They didn't even check me, all they did was check bags. And I didn't have a bag, since I wanted to get in as fast as I could to avoid any rushing. So I just had my camera and my ticket in my right hand, which I kind of put under my shirt discreetly JUST incase. But a lot of people were taking pictures and video, and no one did anything about it. Small venues really don't care, I love it.

Hope you guys enjoy my entry, leave me some feedback on my pictures. I'm quite proud of them!!!

i see, thanks, ..hmm... 6-6:30.....i should better think about rescheduling!

gabrielle! you are the most envied person ever! :laugh3:

but seriously!; seeing the entire band right in front of you, personal protection from mum, seeing them before the show even started (you almost ran matt over!? "who the fuck killed the arctic monkeys" lmaoo), making eye contact, getting a setlist, your alex moment, just to name a few!! ah man... tis pure awesomeness :cool: !!!

oh gosh, i'm even happy for you lmao :laugh3:

:stunned: I think you had the ultimate gig experience. Hilarious review! Some people don't like the detailed accounts of concerts, I am not one. I love hearing EVERYTHING. hahaha! Congrats on having Alex make the eyes at you. :wink3:

Love all the pics!

The show was amazing. Can’t stress that enough. :cool:

My friends and I got to the venue at around 5:50pm, and the line up wasn’t too long (maybe about 100+ people ahead of us) but it was all good because we waited in line by this music-playing shop-van, under the shade. Also we were offered this energy drink but refused because they seemed way too eager to give it way…hmm… well, we managed to get to the rail, which was lucky considering we didn’t show up as early as the people we met and were beside us (4:00pm). They we’re really nice, and was great meeting them.

After some waiting, We Are Scientists came on. They were really good, and the band was clearly into it all. Keith, the lead singer, was saying how the Arctic Monkeys were like four 10-out-of-10’s, and that they were only three 10’s, among other things that were quite funny lol. During one song, Alex came on to play guitar and Matt came on to play additional drums with WAS—wearing a huge bright orange afro wig and large plastic glasses, definately looked cool :laugh3:. In another song, right in front of us, Alex and Matt came on to sing additional vocals with the bassist with oohhs and ahhs. Especially liked A Great Escape and “The Body Song” as referred to my friend lol.

Then. The band came on. The crowd definitely got tighter, louder, and the air was much warmer x10. Because I was at the right side, I saw the band before they actually came on through the side curtain. Matt was doing these funny poses in the dark for the cameras lol. We were just a bit off from being right in front of Jamie. It was a bit surreal seeing the band playing right before your eyes, you know? And this was my first concert experience too. Anyway, can I say my knees turned weak? (Not only because they we’re being grated like cheese against the barrier haha. But because) before we called out Jamie's name, he would just glance up, and smile shyly (which was adorable) then look back down at his guitar. Finally we got his attention and he winked at us (“us” because my friend insisted Jamie winked at him and my other friend, yet they were both guys lmao). Ohh.. and then, if not having gotten the attention of Jamie Cook was enough, Alex would continually look straight in our direction during the first quarter of the show and somewhat. I managed to get one picture where he was staring directly at me (or us haha). Matt was great too; he raised his drink to the crowd as he was getting off the stage :smug:

The crowd was really rough and rowdy with crowd surfers, people drenched in beer, a lot of moshing (luckily there wasn’t too much where we were). People that got pulled out would run by us and cheer and give us high 5’s. except for this one girl who literally grabbed my hands and shook me for a good 10 seconds. At one point, the crowd started singing a soccer chant (oléee…olé..) in this great unison. Jamie laughed, looked at Alex and he made this confused/ amused look lol. At the end, a guy who got pulled out a bit earlier before, jumped over the barrier and into the audience, and kicked the girl 2 persons to my left in the back. Security were trying to pull him out but eventually they just gave up and pushed him in altogether haha. The music was beyond belief, Alex was pretty friendly and chatty, thanking in between some songs, and close to the end of the show, he said nice things about us (“Toronto, Toronto, Toronto...” just the way he said it was funny tour-rawn-toe) He told us we were the first city to sell out on this North American tour, that this would be their last stop over here, and that something something “…Canada is better, well that’s what I think anyways…” After the show was over, I signaled a rectangle and mouthed the words “setlist” to one of the equipment guys onstage, and it worked! I ended up with Jamie’s setlist, which is I’m glad I got :nice:

After, my ears were pretty deaf, my voice couldn’t project very well, and at first I couldn’t walk straight (not after everything that happened lol). My friend and I were doing stretches and dying for water lol. If I could, I would have waited for the band to come out, but I needed the ride back from my friend, who had a soccer game the next day, and said he needed the good rest... :\

I’ll upload some pictures (mind you, that are nothing compared to yours, guys :laugh3: ) tomorrow, because I have to go study for a final tomorrow :)

Whoa!!!!!!!! Sounds like you had an AMAZING time, knew you would!! :D Can't wait to see your pictures, I'm sure they're great! ;) Great job on the setlist!

I noticed Alex looks over to the sides a lot too, er... when he wasn't watching people nearly kill me in front of him... :laugh4:

i :heart: Alex

sorry, random.

Oh, believe me. I do too..........:stunned: What a sweetheart.... :nice:

Thanks, I hope my knees get better too....... I seem to be walking around in my skirts a lot, I wear my bruises and scratches like badges.... Which is probably a VERY unhealthy attitude:laugh3: :laugh3:

I don't know if you want to know.... but... Might as well break it the hard way.

from arcticmonkeys.com:

We are sad to tell everyone that Andy is no longer with the band.

Nick O’Malley, who stood in for Andy while he was absent from the recent tour of North America, shall carry on playing bass for the remaining shows this summer.

We have been mates with Andy for a long time and have been through some amazing things together that no one can take away. We all wish Andy the very best.

Alex, Jamie and Matt.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Arctic Monkeys bassist leaves band

Founding member Andy Nicholson is out

Arctic Monkeys bassist Andy Nicholson has left the band.

The remaining three members have issued a statement via the official website stating that the founding member has now departed.

"We are sad to tell everyone that Andy is no longer with the band," they wrote. "Nick O'Malley, who stood in for Andy while he was absent from the recent tour of north America, shall carry on playing bass for the remaining shows this summer.

"We have been mates with Andy for a long time and have been through some amazing things together that no one can take away. We all wish Andy the very best."

As previously reported, Nicholson's absence on Arctic Monkeys' recent American tour was blamed on "fatigue" at the time.

Stay tuned to NME.COM for further developments.

http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/23380

*cue lots of teenage girls crying*

I don't know if you want to know.... but... Might as well break it the hard way.

from arcticmonkeys.com:

We are sad to tell everyone that Andy is no longer with the band.

Nick O’Malley, who stood in for Andy while he was absent from the recent tour of North America, shall carry on playing bass for the remaining shows this summer.

We have been mates with Andy for a long time and have been through some amazing things together that no one can take away. We all wish Andy the very best.

Alex, Jamie and Matt.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Holy shit. That really sucks. :(

Cant say it comes as a suprise though.