✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swedish fashion chain Lindex new face for Spring - available March 21st

314a69179559608.jpg 9767cd179559615.jpg ea1a83179559616.jpg 3df970179559623.jpg 0694d6179559627.jpg 14e25c179559637.jpg 020a86179559649.jpg

Why have you chosen to work with Lindex?

- I really like the clothes and it's a sweet collection. That is what I wear, blouses, striped and very good quality. I did not know the brand before but it was really cool. I'm so glad they asked me. It was a very relaxed photo shoot that resulted in great pictures and I'm very excited about the campaign.

What do you associate with Sweden?

- When I think of Sweden I think of a cool and laid-back style. As Acne. It is stylish but it is not couture if you know what I mean. If the Swedish film industry, I know not so much. I of course I have seen "Girl with the dragon tattoo" and when I was younger, I saw some movies with Lena Olin. I loved the Swedish version of "Girl with the dragon tattoo", especially the first movie

What is your favorite designer?

- It's so hard to say. I like Stella McCartney and Isabel Marant and many more. I like a mix of several.

You live in London, England, it affects your style anyway?

- No, not really. If I had been younger, perhaps, but not when I'm almost 40 years. Then you know what style you have. I'm not so much fashion, but know what I like and what I fit in.

Do you have any fashion tips for Metro readers?

- You have to know what fits in and then stick to it. Not just wearing something because it's inside even though it does not fit into it. Wear simple clothes and spruce up with nice accessories.

How do you feel about kids interested in fashion?

- My daughter likes fashion and I think that fashion is fun, designers are creative people. And it's not like I buy a lot of expensive clothes for my daughter but it's fun to see her express her creativity. I encourage her to express themselves with clothing.

source: http://www.metro.se/noje/metro-avslojar-hon-ar-lindex-nya-ansikte/EVHlcl!HMsPtYLJmnF2/

video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVTtobuZrA4&feature=player_embedded]Lindex Modern Preppy - YouTube[/ame]

Article on ghostwriting of celebrity cookbooks -

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/dining/i-was-a-cookbook-ghostwriter.html?

But it can also be a gateway to better things. Julia Turshen, who is writing a second cookbook with Gwyneth Paltrow after their collaboration on “My Father’s Daughter,” began as the ghostwriter for the ghostwriter on a book by Mario Batali, tagging along with a notebook as the chef filmed a culinary romp through Spain.

So she IS writing a second, but the ghostwriting thing is weird. I don't doubt that the recipes are genuine or Gwyneth's cooking ability, but this unnerved me a teeny bit.

Paltrow: ‘I’ll Make Another Movie At Some Point’

Posted by Adam

Thursday February 2, 2012

GWYNETH Paltrow is in no rush to make another movie.

The actress raises two children with husband Chris Martin — and insists she’d rather be at home with her family than on a movie set.

“It’s been hard. I’m not going to lie,” says Gwyneth on turning down acting roles.

“Being an actor was always such a big part of who I was. I loved to travel and it was very exciting. But when I had kids I thought, ‘They’re little for such a finite period of your life…’ Everyone does it differently and I don’t want to judge any woman who works all the time, but for me to do a film that is 14 hours out of the house every day means I don’t see my kids.

“For me, the way it works is to just be a mother, be there for them, pick them up from school, get on the floor and do their homework with them. When they are older and they don’t need me as much, maybe I’ll still get a part here and there. I’m lucky I can go away and do a week on Glee or Contagion and work with some really interesting people and then go home again. One day I will star in a movie again but not soon.”

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/243818/gwyneth-paltrow-ill-make-another-movie-at-some-point.html

Article on ghostwriting of celebrity cookbooks -

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/dining/i-was-a-cookbook-ghostwriter.html?

So she IS writing a second, but the ghostwriting thing is weird. I don't doubt that the recipes are genuine or Gwyneth's cooking ability, but this unnerved me a teeny bit.

Well she's mad!

Gwyneth Paltrow Blasts NY Times: 'No Ghostwriter on my Cookbook'

March 17, 2012 05:15 PM EDT

Gwyneth Paltrow is in a tizzy after reading the New York Times. The paper published the article I Was a Cookbook Ghostwriter with a photo of Paltrow's cookbook, My Father's Daughter. The photo caption reads: "Gwyneth Paltrow's ghostwriter is Julia Turshen; April Bloomfield had J. J. Goode." The article continues to claim that Turshen is collaborating with the actress on a second cookbook.

So far, Paltrow has only retaliated with a statement on Twitter today. She says that "facts need checking" and insists, "I wrote every word myself."

Paltrow cannot deny collaborating with Julia Turshen in the past, however. To celebrate the launch of My Father's Daughter, she worked with several chefs to cater a party for 60 people using recipes from the book. One of those chefs was Julia Turshen, fondly known as "The Turshinator."

So, where did the New York Times come up with the idea that Gwyneth Paltrow used a ghostwriter for her successful cookbook? If you look at Julia Turshen's website, you might find a clue. The chef has My Father's Daughter listed as one of her books. Yet, if Turshen were paid as a ghostwriter, it would usually be a breach of contract to claim the credit, and publicly adding the book to an online CV leaves the writer open to a hefty lawsuit.

Regardless of the actual authorship of the cookbook, it is nearly certain someone will have to pay. If Paltrow really did write every bit, the New York Times is in for more than the statement on Twitter. If, however, Turshen is the real muse behind the words, it is doubtful the two will collaborate any further.

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981198895

For what's worth, this is the author's note in My Father's Daughter,

I literally could not have written this book without the tireless, artful assistance of Julia Turshen, who stood over my shoulder at the stove and chopping block for the better part of a year, bringing a method to my freestyling madness. She quantified, tested, and retested every recipe, oversaw the production of the photos, helped brainstorm in a crisis, and, above all, was my intellectual and emotional support though the whole process.

Most writers do use this kind of assistance, and if she says she wrote the book I believe her. After all, she didn't have to say anything about this article. She could have just ignored it.

Our busy traveler was in Mexico last weekend celebrating Phil Green's 60th birthday.

Next on stage was American singer- songwriter Cee Lo Green, who even ­performed his explicit song F*** You, which had everyone in hysterics. One of the biggest cheers of the evening was when Gwyneth Paltrow joined Cee Lo on stage for an impromptu duet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/topshop-tycoon-philip-green-spends-765243

Seems Mr Martin was there too!!!

Christina Makowsky@ChrisMakowsky

Sir Philips Bdday Party was insane last night!!! Partied w/ #@LeoDiCaprio <S>@</S>Katemoss <S>@</S>SimonCowell <S>@</S>KateHudson <S>@</S>GwenethPaltrow <S>@</S>ChrisMartin

DJ BabeyDrewDJBabeyDrew

Last night I DJed 4 Stevie Wonder, Gweneth Paltrow, Leonardo Decaprio, Ralph Lauren, Naomi Campbell, Tommy Hilfiger, Chris Martin, Simon Cal

Seems Mr Martin was there too!!!

Christina Makowsky@ChrisMakowsky

Sir Philips Bdday Party was insane last night!!! Partied w/ #@LeoDiCaprio <S>@</S>Katemoss <S>@</S>SimonCowell <S>@</S>KateHudson <S>@</S>GwenethPaltrow <S>@</S>ChrisMartin

DJ BabeyDrewDJBabeyDrew

Last night I DJed 4 Stevie Wonder, Gweneth Paltrow, Leonardo Decaprio, Ralph Lauren, Naomi Campbell, Tommy Hilfiger, Chris Martin, Simon Cal

Awww! I didn't think Chris would go but I'm glad he did. In the link I posted earlier, it says Gwynnie was busting some serious moves on the dance floor. And how does it feel to perform F..You with Cee Lo Green while your hubby the singer is watching from the audience? LOL

Gwyneth Paltrow was the unlikely party animal of the event, dancing until 6am on Saturday. At one point she took to the stage to belt out a tune with U.S. singer Cee Lo Green. Her husband, Coldplay singer Chris Martin, looked on fondly.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2116967/Sir-Philip-Greens-60th-birthday-Music-Stevie-Wonder-50-burgers.html#ixzz1pYoqe5GI

Gwyneth Paltrow was the unlikely party animal of the event, dancing until 6am on Saturday. At one point she took to the stage to belt out a tune with U.S. singer Cee Lo Green. Her husband, Coldplay singer Chris Martin, looked on fondly.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2116967/Sir-Philip-Greens-60th-birthday-Music-Stevie-Wonder-50-burgers.html#ixzz1pYoqe5GI

where are our couple :veryangry2: and what are those celebrities doing in Sir Philip Green’s birhtday party?

I might be alone in this, but is there anyone else that's slightly bothered by the fact that they were there....or maybe that Chris in particular was there? It just seems to Hollywood and excessive for him. On the other hand, I want them to do things as a couple, and I don't expect them never to go out and have a good time. Sitting on this fence hurts! And it makes me wonder how they handle the fact that she admits to drinking "a lot" and he says he only drinks a little. Either he drinks more than he admits to or he has an amazing constitution not to get drug into that sort of thing. Whatever they're doing seems to be working I guess, and more power to them. I don't know what I'm saying now that I've started typing this! :D