✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

That's what money gets you, a phycho bitch that will scream at you to go to Madonna's gym four times a week :P

Yeah, I get the feeling it's cos he doesn't like the thought of people refering to them as the band that married into Amercia. But he should be proud he's bagged himself a gorgeous lady :P

Yeah, that accusation has always bothered me. I think they'd be just a huge here if Chris had married a 'normal' girl,lol. He should know the band was already doing extremely well here before they were even dating, and relax a little. Still I understand to a point.

Yeah, I think it might have taken a little longer, but they'd still be massive in America now.

There's no doubting she brings bad publicity though, she's not very well liked, that article I just posted shows that well (although I never found her that unlikable). But the people that don't like her assume Chris is the same. If they would relax a little and not get all huffy when they're photographed or asked questions about each other maybe people would find them more likable.

Exactly. And it would cut down on all the stupid break-up romours if people saw them together once in a while. If you don't look like a couple, the paps and the media just assume the worst.

Fortunately Chris & Gwyn seem to have learned not to let that part of it bother them.

Even though it was already mentioned, here's an article on People's website about Gwyneth and the new Coldplay album:

Gwyneth Paltrow: New Coldplay Album Is 'Brilliant'

By Dimi Gaidatzi

Originally posted Friday April 25, 2008 09:00 AM EDT

gwyneth_paltrow.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow

Photo by: Big Pictures / Bauer-Griffin

Okay – so she's a bit biased. But Gwyneth Paltrow says Coldplay's new album is "brilliant."

But beyond that, she was keeping mum at the London premiere of Iron Man, which she attended without husband Chris Martin, the band's frontman.

"Don't tell him I told you that," she told Sky News on the red carpet, wowing the crowds in her lacy dress and sky-high stiletto heels by Alexander McQueen. "I can't talk about it. He gets furious!"

(Although Martin is based in the U.K., he and Paltrow routinely avoid appearing together at events. "You will never see us out publicly," she recently told the U.K. Glamour. "We just don't want to be one of those couples").

As for her new, shorter blond locks, the 35-year-old Oscar-winner told reporters she simply wanted "a change."

Paltrow also chatted briefly about her new workout buddy, the famously fit Madonna. (The two have recently been spotted together at the singer's private London gym.) She said that the two pals get together to break a sweat whenever "we are in the same city."

(Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20195367,00.html)

Long time lurker.....but Gwyneth and Chris rock together. I love how they don't give a rat's a** about what people have to say about them. After all it's their family and relationship, and things seems to be working just fine for them.

Coldplay was way famous before he met Gweyneth, and actually Gwyneth over the years has gotten good press. If it seems like bad press, it's because of crap like this article, about how her and chris hate being pictured together. Which is ridiculous. I mean do they really need to see them walking down a street, or at a grocery store to confirm their relationship is still going strong? Totally lame.

:laugh3:

Exactly. And it would cut down on all the stupid break-up romours if people saw them together once in a while. If you don't look like a couple, the paps and the media just assume the worst.

Fortunately Chris & Gwyn seem to have learned not to let that part of it bother them.

Yeah, all of their dodging has proven to be counterproductive. It keeps their names in the papers rather than out of them. Someone should explain this to them, lol.

I'm not posting the whole thing cos it's quite long. Also it's not very favourable at all, the interviewer had already made their mind up before they even met her. But if you want to read it it's here:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article3789171.ece?token=null&offset=0

“He doesn’t like me to talk about him. Forgive me if I can’t answer. He’s very strict about it.”

I keep imagining Chris giving her a verbal beatdown everytime she says that. :laugh3: I remember when she went on one of those late night shows and happily told the host and the audience about Chris' song about her breast size going up. I bet Chris chewed her up for that.

It was endearing and everyone found it funny. Martin needs a chill pill.

:stunned:

I wonder if Chris gets furious if Gwyn shows her bare ass in public???

i always knew it would happen someday because her skirts are getting shorter with each pic of her...:dozey:

wonder wether she has other qualities else to show off but her "wonderful beautiful amazing neverending wellshaped" legs....:thinking:

i always knew it would happen someday because her skirts are getting shorter with each pic of her...:dozey:

wonder wether she has other qualities else to show off but her "wonderful beautiful amazing neverending wellshaped" legs....:thinking:

If that dress had been a bit longer she wouldn't have showed anything BUT those beautiful legs...but there is a fine line between hot mom and showing your ass to the world!!!:lol:

Guest Grace

yeah, read several articles about her high heels.

ahhahah. it's actually quite stupid to keep talking about one's shoes, but i recognised it, too.

she has been wearing killer stilletos recently.

and that extremely short dress?

don't know about that.

it's not even that cute that it'd be worth it to show off your bum.

There's a huge 2 page spread in today's Mail analysing her recent forrays into high-heels and pretty dresses, asking if it's a sign that her marriage is on the rocks.

I read that, it's online.

The Daily Mail are pathetic, for months and months they've had this campaign against them, they just make shit up! Like "Chris liked her hair long" says who?! "Gwyneth cut it to show him what he's missing" WHAT?! The paper is run by idiots.

Her high heels and hairdo are to do with wanting to look good on the red carpet, just like every other Hollywood actress in the world.

They make my blood boil, they're nothing but idiots :veryangry:

[/rant]

True. But at least she's not pulling crotch shots...

gwynethMS2604_228x545.jpg

Is my favourite paper, so I wouldn't take it too seriously, but still...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773

Hollywood moguls spared no expense when they threw an extravagant party in honour of their hard-working star Gwyneth Paltrow last week.

They lavished about £60,000 on the private celebration at an exclusive London restaurant, inviting 30 of her closest friends and family and providing the finest champagne and cocktails, just as she'd requested.

But the studio chiefs were left disappointed when the actress failed to turn up – choosing at the last minute to go for dinner elsewhere.

Apparently, Miss Paltrow's decision to snub the party stems from a long-standing determination never to be photographed in public with her husband, Coldplay singer Chris Martin.

Although arrangements were in place to thwart the paparazzi at the chic Cocoon restaurant in Regent Street, Central London, the A-list couple decided not to run the risk.

Instead they went for an impromptu meal with Robert Downey Jnr, Paltrow's co-star in the new Iron Man blockbuster, and his producer wife, Susan Levin.

The decision left some of Paramount Pictures' most powerful executives making small-talk with fellow guests, including 31-year-old Mr Martin's parents, without Miss Paltrow.

The party took place immediately following Thursday's West End premiere of Iron Man and was intended as a "thank-you" to Miss Paltrow for her work on the gruelling promotional tour.

She had arrived at the screening in vertiginous stilettos and short skirt, virtually guaranteeing coverage for the premiere in all the major newspapers the next day.

She introduced the film at the Odeon cinema in Leicester Square but did not stay to watch it.

After the movie ended, party guests moved on to Cocoon. They included the film's director, Jon Favreau, and the Coldplay singer's parents – Anthony, a chartered accountant, and Alison, a music teacher – who had come from the family home in Devon with two of Chris's siblings.

But 35-year-old Miss Paltrow called a Paramount executive just minutes before she was due to arrive to tell them she wasn't coming to the party.

According to one studio insider, bosses were furious at the last-minute U-turn.

"Gwyneth was due to arrive at 10.30pm and had demanded a special entrance so that she and Chris would not be photographed together," said the source.

"They have a pact never to be photographed together and everyone had to go to ridiculous lengths to ensure no one could get a picture, including a ban on cameras inside the venue.

A lot of thought and money had gone into the party. Gwyneth had specifically asked for chilled bottles of Perrier Jouet champagne and some vodka cocktails to get the party going. Everything was in place and had been arranged around her.

"Apparently someone at Paramount got a call saying Gwyneth and Chris were going for dinner and wouldn't be coming. The senior execs were not at all happy.

"To make matters even worse, the other star of the movie, Robert Downey Jnr, was with her – so there were no stars at the party at all.

"There were a lot of embarrassed faces. No one could believe that all of Chris's family had made the trip to London, only for their son and daughter-in-law not to turn up."

Another source close to the actress said Gwyneth was simply too tired to attend, after completing Press conferences in New York, Berlin and Rome before the London premiere.

"She had done all the promotional material she was contracted to do and clearly she'd had enough," said the friend.

"She spent an hour on the red carpet in Leicester Square chatting to fans and posing for pictures and decided to give the party a miss and go to Zuma restaurant instead.

"She and Chris were desperate not to be photographed together and thought they would outwit photographers. In the end, the paparazzi found out they were at Zuma anyway."

When photographers tried to snap the couple, Mr Martin tried to hide his face while Miss Paltrow shielded herself with her handbag.

Miss Paltrow's spokesman said last night: "Gwyneth was never meant to attend the after party.

"She was at the taping of the Jonathan Ross show which ran late and then she went home to be with her children.

"Everyone was told weeks ago that she would not be attending.

"She has said many times that she deliberately does not make public appearances with her husband."

However, Miss Paltrow was photographed outside Zuma at 12.30 that night, hiding her face but with exactly the same ruby-coloured costume ring on her little finger as she had been wearing at the Iron Man premiere earlier in the evening.

online.[/url]

The Daily Mail are pathetic, for months and months they've had this campaign against them, they just make shit up! Like "Chris liked her hair long" says who?! "Gwyneth cut it to show him what he's missing" WHAT?! The paper is run by idiots.

[/rant]

I'm not sure the Daily Mail actually qualifies as a newspaper - it's merely a vehicle through which a lot of nasty and narrow minded individuals can spout their dated right wing agenda. The real trauma is that so many people in this country believe its content. Some people even class it alongside broadsheets as a respectable paper, when it is anything but.

It's upsetting when it's slurs on Chris and Gwyneth, but it's not dangerous - their fans just pass it off. What is dangerous are the anti-immigration headlines quoting completely unfounded or manipulated statistics, or using a quote from one person and presenting it as fact when in reality it is anything but.

But hey, why let facts/moral decency get in the way of spreading an agenda which exacerbates existing prejudices within the country?

Words cannot justify my hatred. I don't believe in censoring any opinions or papers, freedom of the press and all that, but this paper (along with the Express, except that's so pathetic most people view it as a joke paper anyway) tries that belief.

These papers are such bull! Yeah Im sure Chris's own parents had no idea what was going on. give me a break. :rolleyes: They probably knew what was up first hand, and got to enjoy the hollywood party their daughter-in-law had them invited to.

Im so loving this screw you thing they have going on with the tabloids. :laugh3: