✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Haha, oh, of course, certainly. Was just teasing a bit :p.

Any particular field of study you're interested in, or do you still want to explore things a bit?

Loved the "Viva La Vida" clip as well, thanks for sharing it. That's what got it all going for you, eh? Cool :).

Yes, I'm interested in studying International Relations. :) My best option that I have would be to go to Johns Hopkins to study that because of its location near D.C. and their really good program in the subject, but I realized that I don't see myself in Maryland for four years and would prefer to be more up north of the east coast.

Yeah it did. I was watching the MTV Movie Awards that year and bam! That song and performance had me hooked. But I can't say that was the first time I had heard Coldplay because my sister had A Rush of Blood To the Head as well and had played it around the house but I never paid any attention before. I didn't even know it was Coldplay; I thought they were a new band when I saw them performing on tv :shame:

If i were to get a credit card that let you choose the background it would have Coldplay on it obviously :cool:

I'm trying to find out how much it would cost to get a cab to the bakery/beehive. I will be in London for two days in June! :D I looked up the tourist places we are gonna be at and we will be like 15mins away from the bakery/beehive :D

If i were to get a credit card that let you choose the background it would have Coldplay on it obviously :cool:

I'm trying to find out how much it would cost to get a cab to the bakery/beehive. I will be in London for two days in June! :D I looked up the tourist places we are gonna be at and we will be like 15mins away from the bakery/beehive :D

Not sure how much it will cost, but you might want to pre-book a cab for a certain time. When I was there, you couldn't just flag or phone them like you do in North America. You had to pre-book. I don't know if that's helpful, but I hope it is. :)

It does seem to be getting some more "punch" to it, so to speak. Which I approve of :).

Echoing the birthday salutations to Nikola! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Yes, I'm interested in studying International Relations. :) My best option that I have would be to go to Johns Hopkins to study that because of its location near D.C. and their really good program in the subject, but I realized that I don't see myself in Maryland for four years and would prefer to be more up north of the east coast.

Ah, I see. Johns Hopkins is quite the school, yes, but I understand if there's something else out there that fits more with the other things you're looking for (and I'm with you. My dream is to one day live in the northeastern U.S. Now to just get that pesky money situation settled, 'cause depending on where you go, it's not exactly, you know, cheap :p).

That sounds like a neat field of study. Good luck with the school search, I hope you find something that fits all your criteria perfectly!

Yeah it did. I was watching the MTV Movie Awards that year and bam! That song and performance had me hooked. But I can't say that was the first time I had heard Coldplay because my sister had A Rush of Blood To the Head as well and had played it around the house but I never paid any attention before. I didn't even know it was Coldplay; I thought they were a new band when I saw them performing on tv :shame:

LOL, aw, hey, I think nearly everyone's done that at some point and time. Especially easy mistake to make if you hadn't paid that close of attention before. But hey, you learned from it and are a fan now, so hooray :lol:!

I was just watching

, and I read this in the comments below the video:

“She came home from the hospital after her father passed covered in tears. I started crying and kept asking her ‘What can I do for you? Tell me how I can help’…And she looked up at me and said ‘Just hold me..’cause you’re the only thing that can fix me right now.’ ”

-Chris Martin on the inspiration for ‘Fix You’

I thought it was really beautiful and thoughtful of Chris. He seems generally like such a nice guy.

Has anyone ever heard the Coldplay lullaby cd? I believe it's called Rockabye Coldplay. It's a whole bunch of Coldplay songs played on xylophones and glockenspiels. It's really pretty and soothing, and it works wonders when you're so tired but can't sleep...

I spent the night at my dad's house over the weekend and couldn't sleep for the life of me until I played this with some noise-cancelling earbuds in my ears. I was out like a light by the end of it.

Although normal Coldplay songs, especially Fix You, For You, and a lot of the earlier stuff, do the trick just as well. :)

Not sure how much it will cost, but you might want to pre-book a cab for a certain time. When I was there, you couldn't just flag or phone them like you do in North America. You had to pre-book. I don't know if that's helpful, but I hope it is. :)

Hi.. I've been there yesterday, and you don't really need a cab! It's doable when you walk from the subway station 'Belsize Park'. It's a 10 minute walk from there, and right next to the Bakery you can take a bus (those cute red ones) that'll show you Camden and end up at Westminster.. very nice!

Good luck over there :)