✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

But I'm not sure he actually said that. I mean, he never tells anything about his private life, so I kind of doubt it.

But it's still a great song. ;)

That story if factually false. Bruce Paltrow died in Italy on October 3rd, 2002. Gwyneth had flown family and some of her closest friends to Italy to celebrate her 30th birthday. She and her dad stayed behind to spend a little more time together when the latter who was battling throat cancer suddenly died.

2-3 weeks later she went to London to start working on Sylvia, a role she had taken on her dad's recommendation. So on 10/21/02 she attended a Coldplay gig at Wembley Arena where Chris dedicated In My Place to her. Chris says they had been linked together b/c Gwyneth had attended a Coldplay concert during the summer. So he thought it'd be funny to dedicate a song to her. From all the legit articles I've read, it seems 10/21/02 is the 1st time they actually got to meet. A week later, Gwyneth attended another Coldplay gig in Dublin, then shortly after that, a creepy London cab driver who always had a camera under his cab seat snapped their picture from their back as he dropped them off at Chris' pad. He also allerted the paps who camped in front of Chris' apartment where the couple emerged 3 hrs later to go to dinner.

So as heartfelt as that story is, it really doesn't match the truth. Chris and Gwynnie weren't an item at the time, and Chris certainly wasn't in Italy since he has said in interviews that he never met his father-in-law.

I knew that quote sounded unreal.

Coldplaymom, it's as if you were there! You should write the official unauthorized bio!

ROFL! I'm a self-employed little old lady with too much time on my hands, and a sucker for a good love story. Since I got into Coldplay last summer, I've devoured every single article I could find about the band and the boys. I was particularly obsessed with finding out how Chris and Gwyneth met and that's the results of my research so far.

Well, he Has said it's written for her, no matter what the timeline. I k now they'd met by the time I saw the band in Toronto, Sept. 21, 2002, but I don't think they were an item yet...just in 'like' with each other.

Oh the album X&Y is dedicated to Bruce Paltrow among other people, and Chris has said in interviews that he was proud to have done that. People approach him on tour and tell him stories about how Mr. paltrow gave them their 1st job. He regrets that he never got to meet him.

I have no doubt Fix You is in part about Gwyneth's sorrow. Chris is always vague in interviews, he doesn't deny it, but he always says it's about other events as well. I know his theory is that 1x a song is out there, and people have made it their own, he doesn't feel comfortable talking about the inspiration behind it.

Just the other day I read the article quoting Blythe Danner saying that Fix You is about their family and their sorrow when her husband passed away. She would definitely know, right?

What happened on Sept. 21, 2002 in Toronto that made you believe they had already met?

I also have my doubts about Coldplay Performance at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC on Aug. 20, 2002. Chris claims he was too busy having fun with Noel Gallagher after the concert to meet with Gwynnie. But perhaps phone #s were exchanged?

Oh the album X&Y is dedicated to Bruce Paltrow among other people, and Chris has said in interviews that he was proud to have done that. People approach him on tour and tell him stories about how Mr. paltrow gave them their 1st job. He regrets that he never got to meet him.

I have no doubt Fix You is in part about Gwyneth's sorrow. Chris is always vague in interviews, he doesn't deny it, but he always says it's about other events as well. I know his theory is that 1x a song is out there, and people have made it their own, he doesn't feel comfortable talking about the inspiration behind it.

Just the other day I read the article quoting Blythe Danner saying that Fix You is about their family and their sorrow when her husband passed away. She would definitely know, right?

What happened on Sept. 21, 2002 in Toronto that made you believe they had already met?

I also have my doubts about Coldplay Performance at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC on Aug. 20, 2002. Chris claims he was too busy having fun with Noel Gallagher after the concert to meet with Gwynnie. But perhaps phone #s were exchanged?

Chris often writes his songs about more than one person, it's true.

Can't go into much detail, but the person who said they were already close is a very 'reliable source. I know without details, that sounds like BS, but I promise it's not. IIt was the person who got us our tickets, and two of my friends' backstage passes. She knew the band and was at several shows.

I was looking in Matt McGinn's book, and he doesn't give an exact date either, but she showed up at gigs throughout a lot of the tour. Damn...need to do more 'research',lol.

Chris often writes his songs about more than one person, it's true.

Can't go into much detail, but the person who said they were already close is a very 'reliable source. I know without details, that sounds like BS, but I promise it's not. IIt was the person who got us our tickets, and two of my friends' backstage passes. She knew the band and was at several shows.

I was looking in Matt McGinn's book, and he doesn't give an exact date either, but she showed up at gigs throughout a lot of the tour. Damn...need to do more 'research',lol.

Maybe 1 of these days 1 of them will write an autobiography and we'll know for sure.LOL I haven't ordered McGinn's book b/c reviews say it's really more technical, more about the roadies experience and almost nothing about the band. Just a week before your Toronto gig, the band's Atlanta gig on Sept. 14, 2002 was rained out and Chris and Jonny went basking for the loyal fans who were still lining up in the parking lot. You can hear Chris volunteering the info and joking about Gwyneth saying it's a marvelous rumor but it's not true. The MP3 is in MM. Also on Sept. 6/2002 at BBC Radio 1 gig, he's boasting about how he's been linked with glamorous stars such as Natalie Imbruglia and Gwyneth Paltrow.

You can see how his attitude completely changed when it became a reality.

Maybe 1 of these days 1 of them will write an autobiography and we'll know for sure.LOL I haven't ordered McGinn's book b/c reviews say it's really more technical, more about the roadies experience and almost nothing about the band. Just a week before your Toronto gig, the band's Atlanta gig on Sept. 14, 2002 was rained out and Chris and Jonny went basking for the loyal fans who were still lining up in the parking lot. You can hear Chris volunteering the info and joking about Gwyneth saying it's a marvelous rumor but it's not true. The MP3 is in MM. Also on Sept. 6/2002 at BBC Radio 1 gig, he's boasting about how he's been linked with glamorous stars such as Natalie Imbruglia and Gwyneth Paltrow.

You can see how his attitude completely changed when it became a reality.

He did date Natalie.

Actually, that Atlanta story is in McGinn's book. Yes, there's a lot of tech, and it's more from a roadie's POV, but there are also lots of funny/heart-warming stories about the band. He never goes too far into the tech since he knows most of his readers are fans. I'd recommend it to anyone, technically inclined or not. :D

He did date Natalie.

Actually, that Atlanta story is in McGinn's book. Yes, there's a lot of tech, and it's more from a roadie's POV, but there are also lots of funny/heart-warming stories about the band. He never goes too far into the tech since he knows most of his readers are fans. I'd recommend it to anyone, technically inclined or not. :D

Ok I'll order then. Any other Coldplay books you can recommend?

Agree with Tracie, yeah, I would recommend the McGinn book. There's enough non-tech stuff in there that fans here would enjoy :).

He did date Natalie.

That I did not know.

Interesting info here about Chris and Gwyneth-at least we know the general year/time period, so that's something! Just the minor details that need to be sorted out, apparently :p.

Awesome, but a mug isn't supposed to be hotter than the coffee in it :lol:

I gotta give you a high five for that one :laugh3:. Well said. Leonie, that cup is cool.

I gotta give you a high five for that one :laugh3:. Well said. Leonie, that cup is cool.

Lol :lol: I had to say it. :D

Hahahahaha :laugh3:

You can hear them thinking.. "What the actual fuck are we doing here?!"

:laugh3: exactly!!!! Or dear that's so funny haha.