✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I had the tv on next to me while racing, and Rules of Engagement was on. Suddenly I hear the guy saying "Coldplay", n it almost caused me to crash :p he said it a couple more times later on, so it turned out his wife had bought the new Coldplay album (Viva La Vida) :)

i still don't get why they haven't done an interview, i miss their voices :(

looking at how this era has evolved i wouldn't be surprised if they've already done some 15 interviews, which will all be released within like 2 days of eachother :p :lol:

:dance: these last two days have been really good for me as I've increased my collection with 5(!) promo CD's :smug:

Don't Panic UK promo (still sealed)

Shiver promo

Clocks USA promo (still sealed)

The Scientist EU promo

Speed Of Sound EU promo

can't wait till i move back home in a few weeks so i can get a picture of my entire collection :p

Coldplay%20-%20Don't%20Panic%20-%205%22%20CD%20SINGLE-178830.jpg

$_35.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!oMFIwKCkrlRBSMg5yl6%20g~~60_35.JPG

mqZbFaQsbI-Km00AW1P2_lw.jpg

$T2eC16h,!)8E9s4l90(,BRs%206vGfDQ~~60_35.JPGmbNz8HVO5-FIfWJi19sUUcQ.jpg

i'm not really sure what to make of this...

23:03 the news about the break up was posted

23:12 it was put up as a new thread, and I saw it just a minute later

23:15 i had an online race session starting, so i couldn't get to much involved in any discussion

22:22 the race went green and I just didn't want to believe it, and I couldn't take my mind off it all race, but I somehow managed to stay focused and drive one of my best races in a long time

22:45 I cross the finish line as the winner after 45 laps, not knowing wether to be happy or not

But, as soon as I got out of the car to watch some replays, I noticed the one thing i hadn't thought of at all, I was driving my Coldplay painted car. Suddenly I was able to be happy, I could say that I DID IT FOR CHRIS!

So my random Coldplay thought for now is: did Chris give me the power to win that race? Or was it just a pure coincidence...

Picture for those who havn't yet seen it (and yes, it says Coldplaying.com on the rear bumber)

71_zpsedb4f0d2.jpg

It looks that lately a Coldplay song sounds everywhere I am in. On saturday was Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall when I was home watching a movie in TV, yesterday Clocks when I was in the hairdresser and today Trouble when I was in the supermarket. They follow me everywhere! They are always with me.

All I want is the end of all these non-Coldplay related things. I hope gossips about Chris and Gwyneth's separation will end soon. I want to media leave them alone. I wait till all episodes of The Voice with Chris end up and everybody just forget about it. What I really need is some news about Ghost Stories, maybe lovely interview, maybe message from R#42. I just want something related with real Coldplay music.

i'm not really sure what to make of this...

23:03 the news about the break up was posted

23:12 it was put up as a new thread, and I saw it just a minute later

23:15 i had an online race session starting, so i couldn't get to much involved in any discussion

22:22 the race went green and I just didn't want to believe it, and I couldn't take my mind off it all race, but I somehow managed to stay focused and drive one of my best races in a long time

22:45 I cross the finish line as the winner after 45 laps, not knowing wether to be happy or not

But, as soon as I got out of the car to watch some replays, I noticed the one thing i hadn't thought of at all, I was driving my Coldplay painted car. Suddenly I was able to be happy, I could say that I DID IT FOR CHRIS!

So my random Coldplay thought for now is: did Chris give me the power to win that race? Or was it just a pure coincidence...

Picture for those who havn't yet seen it (and yes, it says Coldplaying.com on the rear bumber)

71_zpsedb4f0d2.jpg

Awesome car!!

You already have the strength in you to do what needs to be done. But it's great to have people like Chris and his music to inspire us to find that strength.;)

I am trying not to listen to Magic / Midnight / Another's Arms and Always In My Head so I can enjoy more the whole album on its entirety once it is released.

That being said, I have started to listen regularly all their previous music so I can judge better GS in comparison to their previous music once the new album is in my hands.

Some nice Coldplay background information:

The Welsh rock band manager who introduced Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow

When news broke this week that Hollywood star Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin were calling time on their marriage, there was one person who was looking on with particular interest – the Welsh woman who introduced the pair to each other.

For six years, Estelle Wilkinson was the manager at the helm of one of the world’s biggest rock ‘n’ roll bands travelling the globe as the group quickly became the most successful outfit on the planet.

From 2000 to 2006 she guided Coldplay’s career as they notched up millions of album sales and graduated from arena shows to stadiums.

But it was one gig in particular where fate would play its hand during the tour to promote their second album A Rush Of Blood To The Head.

“Gwyneth came to see the band with a friend at Wembley Arena in 2002,” recalls Estelle, who is from Cardiff. “At the end of the gig I took her backstage to the dressing room and introduced her to the band. The rest, as they say, is history!

“The next week or so we played Dublin and Gwyneth went to that gig too. She was on the front cover of some magazine and one of the band said ‘she is in our dressing room!’ It was a little surreal for a while.”

Building up a bond after first meeting the famous couple began dating after Martin helped Paltrow deal with her father’s death, with the songs Fix You and Swallowed in the Sea being written by Martin for Paltrow.

The couple announced Paltrow’s pregnancy with their first child Apple and were married in December 2003. The couple would have another child together, Moses, who was born in 2006.

It was an unforgettable period for Estelle, who began her career in the North of England at the height of the “Madchester” scene, working with The Happy Mondays, as she not only coped with the demands of her band’s career but the blossoming romance between the actress and the singer. Nevertheless being in the box seat of the musical juggernaut that is Coldplay for six years never fazed her.

“I’m not the sort of person to get carried away,” she says. “I’m quite practical and a realist, so I didn’t make full use of the position with regards to ‘Oh my god I’m managing Coldplay!’ That thought never really occurred to me. What occurred to me was as things were happening I was six months ahead of that.

“So for instance the band played Madison Square Gardens in New York, and I was in a little room at the back, in a cupboard basically emailing people on the other side of the world organising a tour six months down the line. I wasn’t in Madison Square Gardens going ‘this is amazing’. That said I did actually think to myself I better go out and see them. I went out into the crowd and someone puked on my feet. It’s a valuable lesson: stay backstage!

“The dealing with the band was never any problem,” she adds. “I never had to bribe them to do an interview like I did with The Happy Mondays.

“Frankly no one could have had more of a driving force than Chris Martin and the rest of the band. It was phenomenal. So it was almost keeping up with them and trying to help them to fulfil their dreams. And their dreams were massive. And they’ve achieved them.”

She does though cringe when she recalls some of her more glaring faux pas – especially one incident in Los Angeles involving an A-list Hollywood star.

“Oh god, I could tell you about some of my biggest faux pas, there’s been a few of them,” she laughs, before launching into an anecdote that has me falling about.

“Very early on we played Los Angeles, and while we were there it had just gone crazy for the band,” she recalls. “One minute we were playing normal shows the next we were having A list Hollywood stars trying to get backstage.

“That night in LA I ended up doing the door and I am rubbish at recognising anyone. I don’t read celebrity magazines or anything like that.

“Anyway we had all the Arquettes come through and I thought ‘yes I know who you are’. And then I had three people coming to the door claiming to be Cameron Diaz. With the first one I was like ‘I don’t think so, you are plainly not Cameron Diaz’. By the time the fourth person tried to get in claiming to be Cameron Diaz, I was seriously thinking ‘Is word getting out or something? Look I’m not letting any Cameron Diazs in. You’re the fourth one you could at least try and pretend to be someone who no one else has tried already’.

“After sending them on their way someone tapped me on the shoulder and said – “No no no no no that WAS Cameron Diaz!”

“I was shouting for someone to go get her but it was too late, she had already gone.”

link

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/98400-When-does-MX-end?p=5632461&viewfull=1#post5632461

A bit late but...

I thinking that era between the last era tour date and the first new era should be called the "Transition Period/Era." Because this one does seem to fit in between the two main album eras and it also serves as a placeholder to go from one era to the next.

Thoughts?