✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/98400-When-does-MX-end?p=5632461&viewfull=1#post5632461

A bit late but...

I thinking that era between the last era tour date and the first new era should be called the "Transition Period/Era." Because this one does seem to fit in between the two main album eras and it also serves as a placeholder to go from one era to the next.

Thoughts?

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame of the Future

NEEDS HELP

Coldplay

You could make a convincing case that Coldplay has already locked up a Rock Hall spot. Assuming the Rock Hall is still interested in honoring rock groups in 2023, the year Coldplay is eligible, it’s not like there will be a ton of other options among early 21st-century bands. The White Stripes (eligible in 2024) are a no-brainer, and Arcade Fire (possible class of 2029) could be, too, if it doesn’t fall off of a cliff both commercially and critically in the next several years. After that, who you got? The Killers? Kings of Leon? Fall Out Boy? Nah, no, and fuck no!

So, the lack of competition will help Coldplay’s chances greatly. Still, I feel like Coldplay needs one more definitive album to cinch its place in the Rock Hall. Let me make a sports analogy: For an athlete to make a hall of fame, a standard of dominance must be established. MVP awards, batting titles, passing records, that sort of thing. You must be able to prove that at some point in your career, you towered over everybody else in your field. I don’t think Coldplay can make that case. It has never been considered “the greatest band in the world” nor “the biggest band in the world.”4 Coldplay has always just been Coldplay, and I’m not sure if that’s quite enough at this point.

link