✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Guest diogo_sg
When you are discussing music and someone says they like Coldplay before you mention them. A rare but special moment.

Unfortunately, it never happened to me. Yet.

"I live to see the world"

Once, on a gym class, my teacher played music and the very first song was Talk!! I said to one of my friends "OMG! It's Talk!!" and he said "What's that?"

[emoji30]

The other day, the Today Show (American morning news show for those who may not know) played Talk as they were going to a commercial break! I was excited that they played a Coldplay song other than VLV, Paradise, or ASFOS!

Guest diogo_sg

Just this morning, I heard on two different radio stations two Coldplay songs. You're probably thinking I heard ASFOS and Paradise. WRONG!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I heard:

TROUBLE and IN MY PLACE!!!!!!! [emoji7] [emoji7]

I felt so happy!!

PS:

Sorry for the Caps Lock [emoji6]

Guest diogo_sg
I was excited that they played a Coldplay song other than VLV, Paradise, or ASFOS!

Ikr [emoji12]

Just this morning, I heard on two different radio stations two Coldplay songs. You're probably thinking I heard ASFOS and Paradise. WRONG!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I heard:

TROUBLE and IN MY PLACE!!!!!!! [emoji7] [emoji7]

I felt so happy!!

PS:

Sorry for the Caps Lock [emoji6]

Well, those songs got heavy rotation on radio when they were released. Too bad we don't hear them that much anymore. I always love hearing Coldplay on the radio, despite listening to them by other means everyday. There's something great thinking everyone else is listening to the songs you cherish as well.

If I ever request a Coldplay song to be played on my favourite radio station I always specify what I want to hear now because if you just ask for Coldplay you're going to end up with either VLV, Paradise, Magic or ASFOS :(

Guest diogo_sg
Well, those songs got heavy rotation on radio when they were released. Too bad we don't hear them that much anymore. I always love hearing Coldplay on the radio, despite listening to them by other means everyday. There's something great thinking everyone else is listening to the songs you cherish as well.

Same thing here!! [emoji4]

If I ever request a Coldplay song to be played on my favourite radio station I always specify what I want to hear now because if you just ask for Coldplay you're going to end up with either VLV, Paradise, Magic or ASFOS :(

That's true. It's such a shame most people only know the singles. There are so many great songs that people don't know and very often think are bad (somehow).

Guest diogo_sg
Please tell me those two items were in the same shop :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

The globes? Yes

Guest diogo_sg
And 4 euro for a film starring the one and only Chris Martin! Bargain :laugh3: lol. Although I'm kind of annoyed by the euro sign being in the wrong place on the sticker :angry:[emoji14]

It's not really HIM. You do know that, don't you? [emoji23]

And I've just now realized that I've written the euro sign in the wrong place all my life!! [emoji33]

It's not really HIM. You do know that, don't you? [emoji23]

And I've just now realized that I've written the euro sign in the wrong place all my life!! [emoji33]

Of course I know it's not him. What do you take me for? :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Apparently on the continent you write the euro sign differently. Go figure :thinking:

Guest diogo_sg
Of course I know it's not him. What do you take me for? :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

tumblr_inline_nsl2biU54k1tx3m96_500.gif

tumblr_mizpa0FQW81rybmzlo1_500.gif

Apparently on the continent you write the euro sign differently. Go figure :thinking:

Things I Don't Understand...

It also never happened to me to hear somebody saying he/she is a Coldplay fan. And not even after I asked. I know no Coldplay fans in real life... :(

But the movie surely does not feature OUR Chris Martin, does it ? There's bound to be lots of Chris Martins (I know for instance one reggae singer and one football player by that name)

By the way, I saw a CD containing a live recording of a Parachutes tour concert (October 2000, Cardiff University, BBC) today in a record shop. From the label design etc. it looked rather homemade. It had a pic of Chris singing on the front and three other snapshots of him on the back cover. Does anyone know if this is worth something or rare ? I didn't buy it yet 'cause it was a little bit expensive for my liking for an apparently homemade recording.

Guest diogo_sg
It also never happened to me to hear somebody saying he/she is a Coldplay fan. And not even after I asked. I know no Coldplay fans in real life... :(

But the movie surely does not feature OUR Chris Martin, does it ? There's bound to be lots of Chris Martins (I know for instance one reggae singer and one football player by that name)

Me neither. It's frustrating!!

And no, it's not him. There are many others, but no one of them is as great as ours [emoji1]

By the way, I saw a CD containing a live recording of a Parachutes tour concert (October 2000, Cardiff University, BBC) today in a record shop. From the label design etc. it looked rather homemade. It had a pic of Chris singing on the front and three other snapshots of him on the back cover. Does anyone know if this is worth something or rare ? I didn't buy it yet 'cause it was a little bit expensive for my liking for an apparently homemade recording.

It's probably homemade. Chris wouldn't appear alone on the front cover. I might be mistaken, though I doubt it.

Guest diogo_sg
Over 80 million according to Wikipedia but I'd say the actual number is probably 60 million.

For a bit of context, Oasis have sold 77 million and their heyday was a time when people actually bought albums.

Thx [emoji4]

It's kinda sad to know that people don't buy albums nowadays. I didn't use to buy albums too, but then I discovered Coldplay and I just can't not buy their stuff. It's so nice to actually have the CD and peruse the booklet while listening to the music [emoji1]

Thx [emoji4]

It's kinda sad to know that people don't buy albums nowadays. I didn't use to buy albums too, but then I discovered Coldplay and I just can't not buy their stuff. It's so nice to actually have the CD and peruse the booklet while listening to the music [emoji1]

I feel you. I'm one of only few people I know who prefers to buy a traditional CD. There's something about holding an album in my own hands that makes it feel much more valuable than simply a bunch of MP3 files.

Guest diogo_sg
I feel you. I'm one of only few people I know who prefers to buy a traditional CD. There's something about holding an album in my own hands that makes it feel much more valuable than simply a bunch of MP3 files.

Couldn't agree more! [emoji1] [emoji106]

Guest diogo_sg
I have a question.

I haven't understood why many post end with "i live to see the world". Is it a quote of a coldplay's song or of a member of the band?

Hi! Those are my posts. That's my motto. Idk if it has been used by anyone before, but I just like it so much I don't really care [emoji4] [emoji106]