✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

You guys have weird but cool dreams LOL. You magically knew how to play a song? That's cool! And you were another person? How did it feel being Jonny? In one of the interviews Jonny says that he doesn't know what it's like to be Jonny because he's never been anyone else. I guess I gotta ask you then: was it amazing? :army:

• Like 3

I'm seriously thinking on being in a hiatus from the forums and social media to avoid any spoilers about the setlist and stage. I think I'll be able to wait less than a month to watch it on the actual concert because Coldplay decided to start the tour in Latinamerica :) Argentinians are lucky to have the first concert in their country, they'll be surprised with the show Coldplay has for the AHFOD tour.

• Like 1

You guys have weird but cool dreams LOL. You magically knew how to play a song? That's cool! And you were another person? How did it feel being Jonny? In one of the interviews Jonny says that he doesn't know what it's like to be Jonny because he's never been anyone else. I guess I gotta ask you then: was it amazing? :army:

I don't know, I was Jonny only for a few minutes and it didnt feel so good because I couldn't remember how to play Only Superstition...

But independently of that, since I saw them all for real I think Jonny has replaced Chris as my fav member ! I used to like the old Chris a lot but somehow this new, "confident" Chris is not so appealing to me...Jonny on the other hand seems so kind and smiles a lot and sometimes he looked so awkward on stage, especially when he was not playing guitar. Someone from the crowd yelled "Jonny!!!" and when he looked her way she said "I love you !" and Jonny had such a shy smile, as if he was blushing any second :) I think Jonny is underrated.

• Like 2

I'm seriously thinking on being in a hiatus from the forums and social media to avoid any spoilers about the setlist and stage. I think I'll be able to wait less than a month to watch it on the actual concert because Coldplay decided to start the tour in Latinamerica :) Argentinians are lucky to have the first concert in their country, they'll be surprised with the show Coldplay has for the AHFOD tour.

Wow, you really want that surprise ! :D

• Like 1

I don't know, I was Jonny only for a few minutes and it didnt feel so good because I couldn't remember how to play Only Superstition...

But independently of that, since I saw them all for real I think Jonny has replaced Chris as my fav member ! I used to like the old Chris a lot but somehow this new, "confident" Chris is not so appealing to me...Jonny on the other hand seems so kind and smiles a lot and sometimes he looked so awkward on stage, especially when he was not playing guitar. Someone from the crowd yelled "Jonny!!!" and when he looked her way she said "I love you !" and Jonny had such a shy smile, as if he was blushing any second :) I think Jonny is underrated.

Whoa, that's crazy. You like the gentle soul that Jonny is, and I completely agree, but I think they all are like that, so personally I've never decided on a favorite.

Not to bring your hopes down, but if you think you can do it, good luck! For me it would be impossible since I have to wait months for my show.

• Like 1

Wow, you really want that surprise ! :D

Yes! I think its much better to be surprised rather than being told what you're going to see. Like watching a movie, you don't want to be told what happens in every scene if someone saw it before you.

Not to bring your hopes down, but if you think you can do it, good luck! For me it would be impossible since I have to wait months for my show.

I'd be in the same page if the concert was months later after the first show. I just have to wait 16 days, after the first Argentinian show which would make it easier. Plus, I need to concentrate on school and this would be a good excuse to leave social media for a while lol

Yes! I think its much better to be surprised rather than being told what you're going to see. Like watching a movie, you don't want to be told what happens in every scene if someone saw it before you.

I'd be in the same page if the concert was months later after the first show. I just have to wait 16 days, after the first Argentinian show which would make it easier. Plus, I need to concentrate on school and this would be a good excuse to leave social media for a while lol

I'm the opposite, I would want to be prepared for everything :D

But kudos to you if you wanna go ahead with that ! Sad to see you go from the forum but good luck ! :)

• Like 2

I'm the opposite, I would want to be prepared for everything :D

But kudos to you if you wanna go ahead with that ! Sad to see you go from the forum but good luck ! :)

It'll be just for 16 days I won't say "good bye" it'll be just a "see you soon" ;)

• Like 2

Sorry to see you go. Have a good time in school! Seriously, it is some of the best times we have in this adventure of a lifetime! I spent the MX tour feverishly watching every show and post before my first concert. That was like 11 months in after Glasto 2011. It took away any element of surprise. Well, not counting the stunning emergence of Amsterdam thanks to fans the night before guilting them into it and Chris's legendary lyrical amnesia! During the concert, I knew every song, every move, every Zyloband sync to come. I spent so much time recording and taking pics that when it was over, I felt I'd seen much of it through the lens of a cell phone, not the lens of live experience. I'm not saying that being prepared ruined it, but there is something to be said for spontaneously enjoying the show. This time around, my plan is to not plan so much. For certain, not to watch through my phone nearly so much, but to live it and enjoy being there!

• Like 2

Sorry to see you go. Have a good time in school! Seriously, it is some of the best times we have in this adventure of a lifetime! I spent the MX tour feverishly watching every show and post before my first concert. That was like 11 months in after Glasto 2011. It took away any element of surprise. Well, not counting the stunning emergence of Amsterdam thanks to fans the night before guilting them into it and Chris's legendary lyrical amnesia! During the concert, I knew every song, every move, every Zyloband sync to come. I spent so much time recording and taking pics that when it was over, I felt I'd seen much of it through the lens of a cell phone, not the lens of live experience. I'm not saying that being prepared ruined it, but there is something to be said for spontaneously enjoying the show. This time around, my plan is to not plan so much. For certain, not to watch through my phone nearly so much, but to live it and enjoy being there!

I have the same goal for myself next time I see Coldplay: less recording and more enjoying the moment ! :)

• Like 3

I'm seriously thinking on being in a hiatus from the forums and social media to avoid any spoilers about the setlist and stage.

omg same, it's such a spoiler if you decide to follow the entire hype first and don't let anything surprise you, BUT on the other hand, like I Ran Away said it, I prefer to be prepared lol.

And, even if I wanted to leave this forum for two months, the Admin wouldn't be too happy about me just pissing off, considering I'm a mod LOL :sweatdrop:

I guess I'll do what I've been doing for the past 8 years now, I'll follow every freaking event and spoil myself to no end and be happy about it HAHA

• Like 2

I'm still torn between how much footage I want to take. I think if I take a lot, it lasts longer and you can always go back to the memory. However, I could be focused on what's happening rather than looking at the camera which takes away from the experience. Also, there is plenty of footage that goes around online so I can just rely on someone else doing that for me. Anyway, ideally I would want to be fully present at the show, but I want a little personal camera footage, too!

• Like 3

I'm still torn between how much footage I want to take. I think if I take a lot, it lasts longer and you can always go back to the memory. However, I could be focused on what's happening rather than looking at the camera which takes away from the experience. Also, there is plenty of footage that goes around online so I can just rely on someone else doing that for me. Anyway, ideally I would want to be fully present at the show, but I want a little personal camera footage, too!

When I saw them live 2012 (the only time I've seen them), I had a phone with a bad camera, and I just got a few short clips with bad quality, since my memory card became full ... But these short clips meant a lot to me. I think there's nice to have some photos and clips, but the quality of them is not the important thing. There will always be clips on YouTube if you really wanna experience it all again. I will experience it live as much as possible! :)

• Like 2

I have been considering this a lot, if I just should turn of all my social media and live in a bubble until my first show (in 87 days, Wembley). However, I've already seen the pictures of the (probably) stage for the tour, and well, it makes me really thrilled.

It gonna be really hard to avoid YouTube-clips and setlists, but I'll give it a try ... Won't promise myself anything haha :cheesy: