⭐️DISCUSS COLDPLAY'S RUMOURED UPCOMING ALBUM!🪐
alyssa

Random Coldplay thoughts...

Welcome back! :D

Also GUYS OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!

I JUST RECEIVED A MAIL FROM GLOBAL CITIZEN!!! I WON TWO TICKETS TO THE FESTIVAL AHHHHH I'M LOSING MY SHIT RIGHT NOW!!! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I GET TO SEE THEM LIVE AHHHHHHHH DREAM COME TRUE OMG I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD ACTUALLY WIN AHHHHH I CAN'T EVEN D: OMG OMG OMG MY MOM HEARD ME SCREECHING AND THOUGHT I FELL DOWN AND HURT MYSELF OR SOMETHING XD I CAN'T STOP JUMPING UP AND DOWN XDDD I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT!!!

OMG!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! :vuvuzela:

Your post reminded me the day I received the email that said I was going to be a volunteer for Global Citizen.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

• Like 5

You know what's interesting about listening uplifting Coldplay tracks while walking in public ? Here are some thoughts. For example if I listen to stuff like Talk, Viva La Vida, White Shadows etc. I have to keep myself from wanting to dance along or singing along. :D When I pull the earplugs out and everything is suddenly quiet, I get reminded that the party is only going on in my head and is totally out of sync with what is going on in the real world at that moment. I also noticed that fast songs tend to make me quicken my pace subconsciously. And here is a confession: You know the moment during A Head Full Of Dreams Live when after the Oooh chant the colors explode and Chris makes that jump ? Well, once I was listening to just that track on a street that was completely empty...and I actually did the jump (or at least my imitation of it ;)) at that moment. It felt great :D

• Like 12

You know what's interesting about listening uplifting Coldplay tracks while walking in public ? Here are some thoughts. For example if I listen to stuff like Talk, Viva La Vida, White Shadows etc. I have to keep myself from wanting to dance along or singing along. :D When I pull the earplugs out and everything is suddenly quiet, I get reminded that the party is only going on in my head and is totally out of sync with what is going on in the real world at that moment. I also noticed that fast songs tend to make me quicken my pace subconsciously. And here is a confession: You know the moment during A Head Full Of Dreams Live when after the Oooh chant the colors explode and Chris makes that jump ? Well, once I was listening to just that track on a street that was completely empty...and I actually did the jump (or at least my imitation of it ;)) at that moment. It felt great :D

Ah, see? Everyone needs a dancey uplifing song in a while. :D

As much as we want to deny that those tracks are good (talking about more hardcore Oldplayers), you gotta dance once in a while. Even The Adversary admitted to liking that Avicii remix of ASFOS. I was ultra shocked when I found out, never in a million years had I thought someone like he/she would like that song, and a dancier version at that. :D

That's actually funny hahaha. The song's not bad though...

Not bad, but not too too good either. Still a lot better than most mainstream pop nowadays :P

But it's annoying me, like Coldplay where are the B-sides? Used to have so much of them. Ever since Mylo there have been much less of them. And even then at least there were a couple non album songs. The only non album song from this era I'd consider to be Gone But Not F. Cotton because it gives me a colorful feel to it just like a lot of the tracks on AHFOD.

• Like 1

I was talking to my brother on the phone yesterday and he mentioned some of his new friends' names from school (he's in seventh grade). Turns out he's friends with both a Chris and a Martin. :laugh3:

Alrighty, anyone remember this? When I was super new to the forum, I did this all the time when I had a ton of quotes to respond to? Color coding time again! :D

(For anyone new to the forum, or just interested in why I did this in general, I only did this when I had a lot of quotes to reply to so the people who are only interested in seeing their own quotes can find them easily. Also putting quotes in spoilers so it doesn't take up massive amounts of room on the page. Of course anyone wanting to read all quotes like me can do so :D)

42Escapist, your quote is in red.

Nie, your quote is in blue.

I ran away, your 5 quotes are in gold. (One of these also applies to @ChrisMartinFan.)

ChrisMartinFan, your quote is in green.

I definitely remember this! :D I always loved that idea and I find it very efficient. It's like a ton of replies all in one.

Does anyone who was here a year ago remember all of my double posts? ;) The forum's old vBulletin software must have hated me because a good portion of my posts were just unintentional duplicates. :P So honestly I probably haven't made 2,121 unique posts... only 1,500 or so. :laugh3:

EDIT: This was my 2,121st post... 21 plus 21 equals 42. :awesome:

• Like 3

How much Coldplay should be collaborating with people like Eddie Vedder and Beck and not Stargate and Beyonce. After this album, I say they make a different new album altogether based on the sound and tone of Chris & Eddie's performance last night. And one side should be that, the other should be a more ambient side.

So think of it Piano-Guitar Unplugged/Ambient

I'd love that so much:)

• Like 6

Ah, see? Everyone needs a dancey uplifing song in a while. :D

And three of the four uplifting songs I mentioned were from Oldplay, my friend ;)

I personally get more energy from the likes of Talk, White Shadows, Low, Speed of Sound, Things I don't understand, Glass of Water, LiT, Cemeteries of London etc. etc. than the likes of AHFOD, HFTW, AOAL or ASFOS :)

• Like 2

And three of the four uplifting songs I mentioned were from Oldplay, my friend ;)

I personally get more energy from the likes of Talk, White Shadows, Low, Speed of Sound, Things I don't understand, Glass of Water, LiT, Cemeteries of London etc. etc. than the likes of AHFOD, HFTW, AOAL or ASFOS :)

Same. So much raw emotion or pure guitar rock & piano rock in those tracks. This is why I'm still clinging on to Coldplay hoping for good stuff in even their most poppiest of releases. By now I would have left a band like Weezer (BECAUSE OF RADITUDE) for this reason. But not Coldplay. They haven't lost it, they just need help finding their way a bit.

• Like 1

This had me laughing for a good while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that skit

One of my favorite parts is Chris saying "I'm afraid not" to the Jesus playing football statue[emoji38]

I must have been listening to the AHFOD live recordings too much.

Everytime I now hear the album version of Everglow I'm automatically expecting the Muhammed Ali speech. [emoji4]

• Like 6

I must have been listening to the AHFOD live recordings too much.

Everytime I now hear the album version of Everglow I'm automatically expecting the Muhammed Ali speech. [emoji4]

I get disappointed everytime AoaL comes on the radio and it's missing the 'Everybody get down. Get down. Go lowwww. Everybody stay down. Stay down ..... One two - One two three JUMP!' bit followed by the audience cheer. I love that moment so much. It's so euphoric :')

• Like 6

I get disappointed everytime AoaL comes on the radio and it's missing the 'Everybody get down. Get down. Go lowwww. Everybody stay down. Stay down ..... One two - One two three JUMP!' bit followed by the audience cheer. I love that moment so much. It's so euphoric :')

I miss that too!!

I miss that too!!

I feel that way about way too many Coldplay songs tbh xD

My mind always expects to hear 'Oooohhhh singin' lalalala woahhhhh ohhhh' during the Scientist :D

And the recorded version of Viva la vida seems so much less powerful without the audience singing the 'Woah's D:

• Like 2

True. I personally get more energy from those last songs even though in general I can say Oldplay content is better :D

• Like 1

I feel that way about way too many Coldplay songs tbh xD

My mind always expects to hear 'Oooohhhh singin' lalalala woahhhhh ohhhh' during the Scientist :D

And the recorded version of Viva la vida seems so much less powerful without the audience singing the 'Woah's D:

That's funny, I do the same thing.

I'm always throwing in yeah, yeah's everywhere.

And in Yellow...I'm always throwing in My Love...

I love when in concert he (Chris) is always throwing in extra words[emoji173]️[emoji636][emoji441]

• Like 1

That's funny, I do the same thing.

I'm always throwing in yeah, yeah's everywhere.

And in Yellow...I'm always throwing in My Love...

I love when in concert he (Chris) is always throwing in extra words[emoji173]️[emoji636][emoji441]

Ahhh yellow :'D

I miss the 'my love' bit when I listen to the recorded version and I miss the harmonizing in the chorus when I listen to the live version xD

• Like 2