✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

feeling kinda sad because tickets will go on sale on Monday for the US tour dates and I have no money. recently graduated from college, and have credit card debt I haven't been able to pay off because I don't have a job yet, and my student loan bill will start soon :'(

I've been actively trying to look for jobs and have gone to two interviews. I get super nervous because I don't know how i will get hired soon. So I made a playlist on Spotify with songs that make me feel good from Coldplay. Mostly their slower songs, like most of Parachutes, and AROBTTH and from newer albums too, like U.F.O. Hope I can get through this soon, so I can stop feeling overwhelmed all the time :'(

I'm sorry you're going through this. Perhaps this isn't the right thread to post this, but who cares I'll give you my advice. I haven't gone through job interviews but I did apply for a scholarship interview, which I failed, and from which I learned as well. As I'll try next year for the scholarship what I'll suggest you is to be confident with what you know. Don't try to impress with things you think you might know but you don't feel confident enough. Be creative with your answers. There are lots of people who wants the same job and you should give something different to what the rest have in mind. Don't be that nervous. It’s natural to feel that way, use that feeling to help you achieve what you want. It might not make sense at all but don't let your emotions control you. Focus on your goals and once the interview is over you can go back and reflect what you've done and be nervous if you want. Believe me, I've faced that before and once something is over I start to feel nervous and shaky lol. Hope that made sense and that I helped you a little bit, I wish you the best :)

• Like 1

feeling kinda sad because tickets will go on sale on Monday for the US tour dates and I have no money. recently graduated from college, and have credit card debt I haven't been able to pay off because I don't have a job yet, and my student loan bill will start soon :'(

I've been actively trying to look for jobs and have gone to two interviews. I get super nervous because I don't know how i will get hired soon. So I made a playlist on Spotify with songs that make me feel good from Coldplay. Mostly their slower songs, like most of Parachutes, and AROBTTH and from newer albums too, like U.F.O. Hope I can get through this soon, so I can stop feeling overwhelmed all the time :'(

i went through the just-graduated interview process earlier this year. it can be tough! keep at it, because you learn the more you do. good luck! PM me if you wanna chat. the interview processes significantly differ by the field.

• Like 3

Ana, what a difficult situation to be worried about debts while unsure of when you''ll get a job to pay for them. Then the concert sale comes up at the worst possible time to make you feel even worse! I feek very badly for you and can kind of relate, but for different reasons. I will miss the US tour too because of our financial situation. It is encouraging that you are getting interviews. That is more than many recent grads can say. Keep telling yourself that you have something to offer these employers and expect to succeed. There are lots of studies about the laws of attraction; that is, that you can attract good things to yourself simply by expecting them to happen. "You can see the change you want to, be what you want to be. " Be confident - and focus on the problems you can solve or what you can do for these employers. That takes asking some good questions to find out what they need the person in the job to accomplish. Sorry for rambling, but I'm a former career coach. PM me if you want to talk more about your interviews or job search. Take care,

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 5

I am so sorry to hear that :( Yes, this tour is shamefully expensive !

I hope you find a good job soon and that you'll find a way to pay your bills. Also, don't give up just yet on the concert. Local radio stations often give away tickets, or sometimes websites like Coldplaying make sweepstakes too. Fingers crossed that you will find a way to attend a concert !

I will still try everything possible to go! I'm going to ask my sister to help or something. I can somehow still buy tickets later if I have to on stubhub when hopefully my situation improves!

I'm sorry you're going through this. Perhaps this isn't the right thread to post this, but who cares I'll give you my advice. I haven't gone through job interviews but I did apply for a scholarship interview, which I failed, and from which I learned as well. As I'll try next year for the scholarship what I'll suggest you is to be confident with what you know. Don't try to impress with things you think you might know but you don't feel confident enough. Be creative with your answers. There are lots of people who wants the same job and you should give something different to what the rest have in mind. Don't be that nervous. It’s natural to feel that way, use that feeling to help you achieve what you want. It might not make sense at all but don't let your emotions control you. Focus on your goals and once the interview is over you can go back and reflect what you've done and be nervous if you want. Believe me, I've faced that before and once something is over I start to feel nervous and shaky lol. Hope that made sense and that I helped you a little bit, I wish you the best :)

Thank you for the advice, I'll try to use it next time! My trouble is fearing that I can't explain myself correctly. Like when they ask "tell me about yourself" is enough to send me into panic mode.

i went through the just-graduated interview process earlier this year. it can be tough! keep at it, because you learn the more you do. good luck! PM me if you wanna chat. the interview processes significantly differ by the field.

Thanks! Yea I'd love to PM you to hear about your experience it seems you know what I'm going through too. I'm a graphic designer :)

Ana, what a difficult situation to be worried about debts while unsure of when you''ll get a job to pay for them. Then the concert sale comes up at the worst possible time to make you feel even worse! I feek very badly for you and can kind of relate, but for different reasons. I will miss the US tour too because of our financial situation. It is encouraging that you are getting interviews. That is more than many recent grads can say. Keep telling yourself that you have something to offer these employers and expect to succeed. There are lots of studies about the laws of attraction; that is, that you can attract good things to yourself simply by expecting them to happen. "You can see the change you want to, be what you want to be. " Be confident - and focus on the problems you can solve or what you can do for these employers. That takes asking some good questions to find out what they need the person in the job to accomplish. Sorry for rambling, but I'm a former career coach. PM me if you want to talk more about your interviews or job search. Take care,

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

Really good advice! thank you!! and thanks for offering to talk about the job interview or job search!

Thanks everyone! I'm truly touched by the supportive words. Really wonderful to have such a beautiful community here <3

• Like 4

I did apply for a scholarship interview, which I failed

Awww, sorry to hear that ! I think I remember back when you wrote a motivation letter for it and needed the reasons (if that was it ?)

Good luck you two! When I wanted to go to the US for a research project, I initially applied to two programs as well and got rejected by both, and it made me very sad. But didn't give up and then I found another way to go there (and during the year I was there I went from never seeing Coldplay to seeing them 3 times !)

So...don't ever give up ! @alisbe @anacaren08

(Oh, and don't waste your money on overpriced tickets on stubhub. Last year there were so many Coldplaying members offering tickets for sale at face value, I'm sure you will find it this year too !)

By the way I think @coldplayisawesome may be able to say a word about graphic design !

• Like 3

Awww, sorry to hear that ! I think I remember back when you wrote a motivation letter for it and needed the reasons (if that was it ?)

Good luck you two! When I wanted to go to the US for a research project, I initially applied to two programs as well and got rejected by both, and it made me very sad. But didn't give up and then I found another way to go there (and during the year I was there I went from never seeing Coldplay to seeing them 3 times !)

So...don't ever give up ! @alisbe @anacaren08

(Oh, and don't waste your money on overpriced tickets on stubhub. Last year there were so many Coldplaying members offering tickets for sale at face value, I'm sure you will find it this year too !)

By the way I think @coldplayisawesome may be able to say a word about graphic design !

Thank you! and also congrats on making your goal come true and never giving up!

Makes me think about Up & Up and how motivating and comforting that song is <3

• Like 2

@anacaren08 I know that feeling, even in school is difficult when someone asks that question. But, now that you have some experience in the kind of questions they might asked you can use that to get ready for the interviews.

@I ran away yes, that's the scholarship I told you about some months ago. Of course I won't give up! In fact I'm more motivated because now I know what it's about. I've tried to think of possible answers and above all I've worked on my confidence. I'm a very shy and nervous girl but I'm aware that I can achieve whatever I want. So, @anacaren08 everything's not lost. And as you said Up&Up can help us to find the motivation and confidence we need to "keep moving forward"

• Like 1

Whatever website I look at, I get a huuuge ad for Coldplay tickets these days...anyone else feeling slightly fed up with that ? :D

:D Yeah, the re-targeting is strong and a little overdone with these ads. You can keep them from reappearing with the blue cross in the corner. However, I kind of like to see them instead of other ads and be reminded of good times ahead. :dance:

• Like 2

:D Yeah, the re-targeting is strong and a little overdone with these ads. You can keep them from reappearing with the blue cross in the corner. However, I kind of like to see them instead of other ads and be reminded of good times ahead. :dance:

Haha yeah ! It's better than other ads yeah, but it just appears sooo often :)

Makes me impatient for the concert ;)

• Like 2

Whatever website I look at, I get a huuuge ad for Coldplay tickets these days...anyone else feeling slightly fed up with that ? :D

I wish to see Coldplay ads, the ones I have now are so strange.

An ad for curtains against flies. [emoji23]

I have been haunted by ads from a particular store too where I had been looking up a jacket I wanted to buy.

• Like 3

ad for curtains against flies.

That's a very useful item though... :D

a7ec001ab4646609571037ca9adfc067.jpg

They started like this.....look at them now!!! [emoji173]️[emoji636][emoji441][emoji909]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say I'd much rather go to the first show pictured than the second one :)

• Like 5

Thanks! Yea I'd love to PM you to hear about your experience it seems you know what I'm going through too. I'm a graphic designer :)

it's hard out there for us designers! i'm actually an animator but i pretty much specialize in motion graphics... i also just graduated this past May, but my solution was to just go back to the same school for a grad program in User Experience & Interaction Design. :P although i'm trying to find freelance work on the side and it's tough because people never want to email you back :no:

but anyway i don't know if you have also tried picking up freelance work. it's at least a way to make some money even without a steady job

• Like 1

That's a very useful item though... :D

I have to say I'd much rather go to the first show pictured than the second one :)

Especially because the number of people in the crowd. They always had an intimite show.

• Like 1

Especially because the number of people in the crowd. They always had an intimite show.

It would be so great if Coldplay would occasionally still make regular intimate shows for which you can buy tickets...or at least play smaller arenas as well. I was hoping that they play those in 2017 in Europe, but nope...At first I thought Frankfurt etc. were 'arenas' because of the names, but then i looked up the seat numbers and they really are huge stadiums !

• Like 5

Not gonna bother color coding my previous post, so far back now no one's gonna read it anyway :laugh3:

gai, your quote's in red.

coldplay_lover4, your quote's in blue.

alisbe, your 2 quotes are in gold.

anacaren08, your quote's in green.

Nie, your quote's in magenta.

I ran away, your quote's in orange.

[spoiler=Quotes]

probably. here is a fan pic of the two from this week.

I can't see it...

I am so sorry you have never seen them live. I have seen them in concert 7 times so far! A truly magical experience! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! [emoji173]️

You're quite lucky! And thank you. :)

Well, the Internet service was fixed so fast, I thought it'd take longer. So, I'm back and I'm ready to spend some time to read all your posts because after two days of not reading anything there must be a lot to get through.

Welcome back! Am glad :)

Sad you failed the interview, better luck next time...

And it's fine I'd think anyway, this is a general discussion thread and I'm sure a few posts even off topic from Coldplay are fine as long as it doesn't turn into a full blown conversation :)

That sucks, hopefully you find a way to get there really soon...

Wow, scary... Good luck! I can't offer much advice sorry, I am not at the age where I would be doing that yet but I guess let that Coldplay make you keep calm, those are definitely very relaxing songs to listen to in stressful times like these...

I wish to see Coldplay ads, the ones I have now are so strange.

An ad for curtains against flies. [emoji23]

I have been haunted by ads from a particular store too where I had been looking up a jacket I wanted to buy.

:facepalm:

a7ec001ab4646609571037ca9adfc067.jpg

They started like this.....look at them now!!! [emoji173]️[emoji636][emoji441][emoji909]

I was just going to say, some people would actually find the first show more appealing as the second one looks really flashy and poppy and dancy... I'd like both and I don't know since I've never went to either style show but I would love the second one, I would be going to see a band I absolutely love most in the world and I would feel so happy, and I'd want to be dancing around with balloons and flashy lights everywhere, I wouldn't be in the mood to listen to more downtempo songs and if I did the meaning of those songs would be weakened because I'd still be feeling so happy lol, while the super upbeat music would match my mood. Just my opinion on it, I'm sure the first show would be totally epic as well though... not so crowded I guess and more downtempo. Either way love both :)

So glad I am back on computer now... :D

• Like 3

Thanks @cp3176 for your good wishes and I don't see failing as something frustrating. I'm just learning from my mistakes, I promise that to myself back in 2012 when I started listening to Coldplay. It was great to have the experience and I'll use that as an advantage to try next year and if I fail again, I'll try again until the last chance. I won't give up!

• Like 2

it's linked in the original post :)

There it is, don't know why it didn't pop up the first time. Either that or I completely missed the green for whatever reason. Not a big deal but whatever :)

Looks... photo didn't upload.... ????

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Coldplaying mobile app

Yeah I didn't see it either, that's weird. Try again?

Thanks @cp3176 for your good wishes and I don't see failing as something frustrating. I'm just learning from my mistakes, I promise that to myself back in 2012 when I started listening to Coldplay. It was great to have the experience and I'll use that as an advantage to try next year and if I fail again, I'll try again until the last chance. I won't give up!

I'm glad you look upon mistakes this way because it's true. They seem to be the best way to learn, because you actually get the experience and if you know what you did wrong you'll make extra sure to not do it again, you'll be better the next time, at least that's the way it works for me, I'll be the first to admit I hate when I make a mistake and fail something but that frustration for me ensures I will do better next time. Which is the good thing for me. :)

Once more, good luck next time!

• Like 2