⭐️DISCUSS COLDPLAY'S RUMOURED UPCOMING ALBUM!🪐
alyssa

Random Coldplay thoughts...

There are many sites on the internet where you can download the audio from YouTube. You only need a link to the video. You can find these sites by googling download audio from youtube or something like that :)

I use this one:

Www.clipconverter.cc

Not bad, but not too too good either. Still a lot better than most mainstream pop nowadays[emoji14]

But it's annoying me, like Coldplay where are the B-sides? Used to have so much of them. Ever since Mylo there have been much less of them. And even then at least there were a couple non album songs. The only non album song from this era I'd consider to be Gone But Not F. Cotton because it gives me a colorful feel to it just like a lot of the tracks on AHFOD.

Dumb Question #1: Is this really a Coldplay song? Or is it by the guy who posted it?

It's definitely not Coldplay, this account has several "new and exclusive" songs that are not by Coldplay...it's just clickbait. :(

I have no idea who the songs are by...

• Like 3

I would like to congratulate @iamsue for getting into the holiday spirit because, I kid you not, today is National Ask a Stupid Question Day in the US!!

(btw Sue, your question wasnt really dumb)

• Like 9

AMDB9 and guy42, both of your quotes are in red.

LeftrightleftArchi, your quote's in blue.

iamsue, your quote's in gold.

Sonny, your quote's in green.

Tonight's Final Jeopardy question was something like "The name of this song was from a painting by Frida Kahlo but it was a hit in 2008 for a British band"

Answer was Viva la Vida

It pays off to know your Coldplay trivia.

[MEDIA=twitter]780922244147150848[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/780922244147150848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lol, that one is so easy :D

When do the Coldplaying awards usually happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year I remember it being somewhere around the end of the year.

Dumb Question #1: Is this really a Coldplay song? Or is it by the guy who posted it?

Neither. It's a song by someone else entirely. Once I find it I'll post a video here for you to see.

As for the other question, I believe a few people have already answered it above my post. Check there. :)

EDIT:

[ATTACH=full]6018[/ATTACH]

These two beauties have just arrived! Can't wait to listen to them.

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful time listening :D

• Like 1

Hi all, remember the piano medley I once made around the same time as the I Ran Away music video ? Well, now I had some fun on my electric guitar :guitarist:...and made this little medley of Coldplay guitar solos (from known as well as lesser known songs, 11 songs in total). When I started it I intended it as a small thank-you for the Coldplaying community, although I hope the poor quality will not make it seem more of a punishment than a thank-you (the sound was recorded with my mobile phone, not pulled off the guitar itself due to lack of equipment; this is why you keep hearing the sound of the pick hitting the strings etc.) :D

Disclaimer: My guitar skills are exactly zero :blush:, so if you expect anything sounding remotely like Jonny would be able to play it, this is not it. I had lots of fun "learning" the melodies despite my slow hands and lack of musical understanding.

Have fun listening to it and lets see if you can identify all the song parts ! Which melody is your favourite ?

Download here:

http://www.filedropper.com/electricguitarmedley

• Like 6

Hi all, remember the piano medley I once made around the same time as the I Ran Away music video ? Well, now I had some fun on my electric guitar :guitarist:...and made this little medley of Coldplay guitar solos (from known as well as lesser known songs, 11 songs in total). When I started it I intended it as a small thank-you for the Coldplaying community, although I hope the poor quality will not make it seem more of a punishment than a thank-you (the sound was recorded with my mobile phone, not pulled off the guitar itself due to lack of equipment; this is why you keep hearing the sound of the pick hitting the strings etc.) :D

Disclaimer: My guitar skills are exactly zero :blush:, so if you expect anything sounding remotely like Jonny would be able to play it, this is not it. I had lots of fun "learning" the melodies despite my slow hands and lack of musical understanding.

Have fun listening to it and lets see if you can identify all the song parts ! Which melody is your favourite ?

Download here:

my favorite i think is your version of Square One :wacky: and also IMP because it almost sounds like it was reversed and i like that kind of sound :P

ok, i'm gonna take a stab at guessing what these melodies are:

1. Square One

2. Politik

3. AROBTTH

4. Low or maybe Things I Don't Understand??? i never realized how similar these two are :P

5. Violet Hill

6. Fix You

7. Lost!

8. White Shadows

9. Cemeteries of London

10. Talk

11. In My Place

• Like 3

Heard the best radio DJ commentary on Coldplay today. They just played Up and Up and then he repeated the end " DON'T EVER GIVE UP"! He then says, "Just like Coldplay : they never gave up and kept on going." He said it very sincerely as a compliment. Wished I could reach through the radio and hug him!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 12

[ATTACH=full]6018[/ATTACH]

These two beauties have just arrived! Can't wait to listen to them.

I really need to track down physical copies of those two EPs and Prospekt's March. I only have them on iTunes but they are wonderful and I ought to add them to my CD collection...

• Like 2

Download here:

I gave it a quick listen and certainly recognised a few:

Square One - Politik - AROBTTH - Fix You (my favourite) - Talk - In My Place.

And is there some GPASUYF in it too?

• Like 2

This reminded me that I wanted to ask you something guys... have you ever had problems to buy a ticket to a CP concert? Has it ever happened that you weren't able to go because tickets had sold out very quickly? This already happened to me before with other bands (Muse for example), but when I went to a CP show a friend bought my ticket so I don't know if this is a common problem or not... I'm curious about it

Hello, I have bought my standing ticket this year at Berlin for 220 Euros instead of 87 Euros.. It becomes like a black market but it is definitely worth every penny <3

• Like 1

I really need to track down physical copies of those two EPs and Prospekt's March. I only have them on iTunes but they are wonderful and I ought to add them to my CD collection...

Barnes and Noble has Brothers and Sisters for like $6 and they also have PM too, but not that cheap.

• Like 2

How does someone come up with one of the best piano riffs ever just like that D:

''Will will say that's terrible and Jonny will say no keep going'' Thanks Jonnyboi :')

• Like 6

my favorite i think is your version of Square One :wacky: and also IMP because it almost sounds like it was reversed and i like that kind of sound :P

ok, i'm gonna take a stab at guessing what these melodies are:

1. Square One

2. Politik

3. AROBTTH

4. Low or maybe Things I Don't Understand??? i never realized how similar these two are :P

5. Violet Hill

6. Fix You

7. Lost!

8. White Shadows

9. Cemeteries of London

10. Talk

11. In My Place

I gave it a quick listen and certainly recognised a few:

Square One - Politik - AROBTTH - Fix You (my favourite) - Talk - In My Place.

And is there some GPASUYF in it too?

Thanks for listening ! @coldplayisawesome was quite close to the actual setlist.

AROBTTH was not in the medley - the notes I used (or should I say, I intended to use) were from Jonny's intro to Spies. But I'm not good at using slide, so AROBTTH was a fair guess :)

No.4 is neither Low nor Things I Don't Understand, it was supposed to be the riff from One I Love :D

By the way, IMP is not played backwards or anything - it's the normal riff with some delay and tremolo on it because Jonny also uses these effects for the IMP riff. I don't have pedals etc. so I have to put the effects in after recording.

• Like 5

Thanks for listening ! @coldplayisawesome was quite close to the actual setlist.

AROBTTH was not in the medley - the notes I used (or should I say, I intended to use) were from Jonny's intro to Spies. But I'm not good at using slide, so AROBTTH was a fair guess :)

No.4 is neither Low nor Things I Don't Understand, it was supposed to be the riff from One I Love :D

By the way, IMP is not played backwards or anything - it's the normal riff with some delay and tremolo on it because Jonny also uses these effects for the IMP riff. I don't have pedals etc. so I have to put the effects in after recording.

oh, it was Spies! that makes sense. it reminded me a lot of Jonny's riff in AROBTTH when they played it live :D

One I Love... you know, i think the first time i listened i thought it might be that, but then when I went through again to write everything down it completely escaped me :P

it's probably the delay that gives it that reversed feel. what kind of software do you use for audio? :wacko:

also i just want to say that your playing makes me wish i still had a guitar :P

• Like 3

Download here:

Nice selections! I like it. A couple of the tracks I especially like, those ones I'm talking about sounds distantly like guitar but more something completely new and awesome.

You recorded these with a cellphone?!! The recording quality is still fair amount better than some attempts I've done at recording at least on my old phone (have a new one now so it's probably not all that bad :P)

Keep practicing and you will be really really good one day!! As in Up&Up: "Don't ever give up!" :D

Cool! I recognized quite a few but also didn't recognize quite a few. At first I didn't exactly recognize the second part of what I now recognize to be the other part of Square One for some reason... even the ones I didn't recognize I still like the sound to it. That's Coldplay, even when you don't recognize it it still sounds good :D

Heard the best radio DJ commentary on Coldplay today. They just played Up and Up and then he repeated the end " DON'T EVER GIVE UP"! He then says, "Just like Coldplay : they never gave up and kept on going." He said it very sincerely as a compliment. Wished I could reach through the radio and hug him!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

That would be so awesome to hear here, unfortunately I bet our radio would never play nor say that...

How does someone come up with one of the best piano riffs ever just like that D:

''Will will say that's terrible and Jonny will say no keep going'' Thanks Jonnyboi :')

I have no idea, the melodies Coldplay make, they feel so fresh and new and super awesome and enjoyable. How do they do it so easily?!!? I just don't get it. Some of my attempts at creating music (believe me I have a lot) they sound nice but doesn't have that special ring to it that Coldplay has... (well a select few I suppose do, but most of my attempts don't quite live up as good. I guess it helps that Coldplay have been at this for a while now and I'm not even in this for a year so I should just give it time :D)

• Like 6

I have no idea, the melodies Coldplay make, they feel so fresh and new and super awesome and enjoyable. How do they do it so easily?!!? I just don't get it. Some of my attempts at creating music (believe me I have a lot) they sound nice but doesn't have that special ring to it that Coldplay has... (well a select few I suppose do, but most of my attempts don't quite live up as good. I guess it helps that Coldplay have been at this for a while now and I'm not even in this for a year so I should just give it time :D)

i'm sure when Chris was first making music he wasn't writing anything as good as Clocks :lol:

• Like 1

That's what I was hinting at, they've been at it for a while and so they're much better at it then I am. :D

Not Coldplay related specifically but music in general, I was looking at my music library in my computer and I wondered why only some of the songs are there as if some got deleted by accident. I soon scrolled down to find a ton of songs missing from Radiohead's Hail To The Thief and scrolling up and down I find a ton of songs missing! Went into panic mode for a few seconds until I realized I entered something in the search box and never took it out so the music visible got narrowed down. Before this I thought that since I recently got an update for the software I have for this some glitch happened and it got rid of a lot accidentally, thankfully that wasn't the case! I was starting to think it was all just a dream, so then I could go on and do whatever since then I would be realizing I was in a dream. That wasn't the case though, am still here. Got me really freaked out for a second :D

• Like 2

That's what I was hinting at, they've been at it for a while and so they're much better at it then I am. :D

Not Coldplay related specifically but music in general, I was looking at my music library in my computer and I wondered why only some of the songs are there as if some got deleted by accident. I soon scrolled down to find a ton of songs missing from Radiohead's Hail To The Thief and scrolling up and down I find a ton of songs missing! Went into panic mode for a few seconds until I realized I entered something in the search box and never took it out so the music visible got narrowed down. Before this I thought that since I recently got an update for the software I have for this some glitch happened and it got rid of a lot accidentally, thankfully that wasn't the case! I was starting to think it was all just a dream, so then I could go on and do whatever since then I would be realizing I was in a dream. That wasn't the case though, am still here. Got me really freaked out for a second :D

oh, yes, i was just agreeing with you.

also, i've had that sort of thing happen to me with spotify. it's disorienting and concerning at the same time until you realize that everything's OK :p

• Like 1

oh, yes, i was just agreeing with you.

also, i've had that sort of thing happen to me with spotify. it's disorienting and concerning at the same time until you realize that everything's OK :p

Oh ok :D

This is the first time it's happened to me lol. It is really weird. Anyone else had this happen to them?

• Like 1

oh, it was Spies! that makes sense. it reminded me a lot of Jonny's riff in AROBTTH when they played it live :D

One I Love... you know, i think the first time i listened i thought it might be that, but then when I went through again to write everything down it completely escaped me :P

it's probably the delay that gives it that reversed feel. what kind of software do you use for audio? :wacko:

also i just want to say that your playing makes me wish i still had a guitar :P

Just Audacity, nothing professional. I tried to imitate the Jonny sound on IMP but I didn't quite manage to get close to it, despite playing around a lot. These delay parameters gave the best result at least to my ears. ;)

• Like 2

I use audacity a lot to for personal projects. Thankfully got the thing figured out and am really starting to learn stuff about things now

• Like 2

I'm feeling like a Coldplay medley today :sick::

Everglow - Amsterdam - Life is for living - Birds - Christmas Lights

When I’m cold, cold - Sick to the stomage - Cause my head just aches - Who got not one voice - And I am up here holding on to all those chandeliers of hope

• Like 6

When I’m cold, cold - Sick to the stomage - Cause my head just aches - Who got not one voice - And I am up here holding on to all those chandeliers of hope

Where is the dislike button to press ? Get well soon, @Nie ! Get some rest and listen to Coldplay - I am sure listening to Coldplay is part of the cure, not part of the disease. Sorry by the way that I haven't gotten round to replying to your latest PM yet. I am often on mobile and I try to reply when I am on PC !

• Like 4

Get better soon! I'm sure Coldplay will help you through it[emoji173]

• Like 3

your post made me laugh, but i hope you feel better soon!!

• Like 2