✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

fdjsacljladscl that picture :wacky:

the Zane interview is just all the feels in general... but then there's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=7SPryJbLle0;m=5;s=3

what Guy and Will say and Chris's reaction to Will :bigcry:

Will really is an emotional anchor :wacky:

They're all so caring and protective of each other here :bigcry:

The Rolling Stones interview always makes me really emotional as well :c

[ATTACH=full]6182[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]6183[/ATTACH]

It's so hard to believe they're talking about the same optimistic smiley cap toting positivity spreading man we know and love D:

They're all so lucky to have each other. It's just the most beautiful loving friendship all around <3

I just watched the live version of true love again :cry:

I just watched Ink and

Those supportive little 'checking in to see if you're alright' looks Jonny keeps giving Chris throughout and the smile they share at the end <3

They all love and care about each other so much omg D: my heart D:

• Like 6

Stargate not doing a bad job?

Now you got me curious too. [emoji1]

Oh cool ! Do you possibly have a link (PM if necessary) ? and does one need special audio-equipment to feel the difference ?

No @iranaway it's in a FLAC format. If you pay attention to detail when you listen to music and ever thought that Stargate's production was messy and unclear, then this is for you. I'll DM you :)

@Nie Of course, it doesn't get rid of the electronic elements/percussion that are present throughout the album, X Marks The Spot (which I did a little research on and isn't even produced by Stargate. BUT, there is a little synth keyboard thing Im hearing in the background AND Jonny's guitar is much more clear, so it's a tiny bit better) or anything else one might not like on the album. But like I said to I Ran Away, it clears up Stargate's messy production and becomes much more clear, creating something more dreamy (like what Rik Simpson said it should be like). Would you like me to DM you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

No @iranaway it's in a FLAC format. If you pay attention to detail when you listen to music and ever thought that Stargate's production was messy and unclear, then this is for you. I'll DM you :)

@Nie Of course, it doesn't get rid of the electronic elements/percussion that are present throughout the album, X Marks The Spot (which I did a little research on and isn't even produced by Stargate) or anything else one might not like on the album. But like I said to I Ran Away, it clears up Stargate's messy production and becomes much more clear, creating something more dreamy (like what Rik Simpson said it should be like). Would you like me to DM you?

I'd love to hear this too please :cheesy:

• Like 1

@Nie Of course, it doesn't get rid of the electronic elements/percussion that are present throughout the album, X Marks The Spot (which I did a little research on and isn't even produced by Stargate) or anything else one might not like on the album. But like I said to I Ran Away, it clears up Stargate's messy production and becomes much more clear, creating something more dreamy (like what Rik Simpson said it should be like). Would you like me to DM you?

might i be able to get in on this DM action also? :wacky:

• Like 1

@Nie Of course, it doesn't get rid of the electronic elements/percussion that are present throughout the album, X Marks The Spot (which I did a little research on and isn't even produced by Stargate. BUT, there is a little synth keyboard thing Im hearing in the background AND Jonny's guitar is much more clear, so it's a tiny bit better) or anything else one might not like on the album. But like I said to I Ran Away, it clears up Stargate's messy production and becomes much more clear, creating something more dreamy (like what Rik Simpson said it should be like). Would you like me to DM you?

I feel bad for wanting in on this as it's not the most ethical of things. At least I have the normal album :D

• Like 1

I just downloaded a 192khz 24bit version of A Head Full Of Dreams. For anyone that doesn't know what that is, its very high quality, high fidelity Lossless files of the album. Now, up to this point, I've criticized Stargate's production. But, now that I've listened to it in 192khz, the way its SUPPOSED to be listened to, I've come to realize that their production style on the album isn't all that bad. The sound is much more more clear (especially on the title track, where the original mp3 version just sounds clustered and muddy to me) and I can hear alot more sounds going on. Its just simply beautiful. Now I understand the theme of the album. Beautiful, dreamy, and kaleidoscopic-like sound. The album is now much better in my opinion.

I've seen a lot of other people request a link. Can you please share this with me too in PM? Would be very interested to hear. :D

This is only one quote out of many I've replied to since my last post on here. This is only one I selected to answer first because it was the most important for me. Be ready to see yet another massive post from me...

This left me very curious. Can you also share this with me as well? :angel:

Okay, I haven't replied to posts in forever so this will be VERY long:D

@coldplayisawesome and @alisbe and @FlockOfBirds: I am blown away by the skills all of you are studying!!! What talent. I am of that generation where learning new technical skills like yours is so much harder. I recently learned to use a software program to transfer my training design skills to online training design. You know what that field requires? Strong graphic design skills. User interactivity skills. Everything you are learning. I am SOOO envious! I also encourage you to look into the whole mobile and online training design field, especially if you like freelancing as an alternative. I can give you ideas via PM about where to look to learn about this field if you are interested. As you are all creative, you may enjoy this. I am learning that this field, while rooted in solid training design skills, is also all about what you can envision to do with the tools and how to make it look appealing. That supports learning. Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

Thank you a lot! I'm not sure if I would understand so much of it yet though. I'm not studying Design yet but hopefully I will be next year at that time!

That voice omfg :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

WOW. This is probably the best coldplay cover I've ever seen. I'm blown away.

[MEDIA=instagram]BLVPN8jD26P[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://instagram.com/p/BLVPN8jD26P/

Hahaha I love this video so much:D Makes me think of the Jonny gone Jazz or whatever it was called video:D I wish they would still do the kinds of things.

Just found this:

[MEDIA=instagram]BLc6gFohncf[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLc6gFohncf/

Apparently, he is backing the election of the three people whose names are written behind him for the City Council of Malibu...

This is very beautiful, how have I never seen this before?! I love the Heroes cover but I wish they would cover different things as well sometimes..

I just found this song, it has Chris in it and is I believe one of the lesser known collaborations (by the way I don't like it, just wanted to share it...I think Homecoming is much better than this !)

I've never seen this before! Thanks for sharing! I actually think it's quite good. Are there any other collars I might not know about?

Let's just say I sound a bit like a dying whale whenever I try to hit any high notes :D

Don't worry about sounding good, singing is one of those things that's meant for everyone. It just makes you feel absolutely joyful and you should never stop yourself from doing it when you want to :daisy:

Just look at Chris, he can't dance to save his life but that doesn't stop him from doing what makes him happy in front of thousands of people

[ATTACH=full]6168[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]6169[/ATTACH]

So why should it stop us? :D

I love this gif hahaha:D I'm really bad at singing but I love it so I often sing along alone in my room with the music turned up loud lol.

[ATTACH=full]6173[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6174[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6175[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6176[/ATTACH]

:lol:

Based on this picture at least 5 lol

[ATTACH=full]6177[/ATTACH]

I love how they all have a love button already on them :dazzled:

I've often been wondering about this quite often as well!

I was just thinking about AHFOD and I've come to realise that this album sort of passes by every season of the year, in terms of sound. I find so, at least.

We start in the summer, with AHFOD, Birds, HFTW, Everglow and AOAL.

Then, we go through autumn with Fun and Kaleidoscope.

Army Of One, XMTS and Colour Spectrum are the winter.

Finally, we enter spring with Amazing Day and Up&Up.

Any thoughts?

I totally agree except Everglow is 100% winter for me. It was my song of the winter last year cause I've listened to it ALL THE TIME then. It almost makes me nostalgic now lol:)

Could you please DM it to me as well? That would be really amazing cause I really dislike Stargate's production so far maybe then I could enjoy it more as well:D

Today I got my ticket for the Tour 2017 concert in Paris.

It is a collector ticket and I just love the hologram that is on it. [emoji7]

[ATTACH=full]6184[/ATTACH]

Ohh it's so beautiful! I'll get collector tickets as well (thanks to my amazing dad who bought collector tickets for me even though I didn't ask him to) so this made me really excited!

And also, I'm suuuuuper late but I think I haven't said Happy Birthday to @coldplayisawesome yet, so Happy belated Birthday!! :D

And more random thoughts:

Yesterday I wasn't having my best day and I discovered that Strawberry Swing is like magic for me! It's crazy, it calms me down so much within just one or two minutes! Like, music can make me feel a lot better of course but I can't believe the huge effect this song has on me!

Earlier I watched Live 2012 with my mom cause I wanted to listen to music and she wanted to listen music and she wanted to watch TV so we agreed on that. I think I just randomly poured all possible coldplay information over her lmao. I tried my best not to grin like a fool cause I felt like a proud mom when she said something that was great about coldplay lolll:D

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg
their friendship is so beautiful :bigcry: all four of them :bigcry:

and Phil[emoji14]

what makes you pick those particular songs for each season? :wacko:

The order of the tracklist [emoji14]

Thank you a lot! I'm not sure if I would understand so much of it yet though. I'm not studying Design yet but hopefully I will be next year at that time!

Hahaha I love this video so much:D Makes me think of the Jonny gone Jazz or whatever it was called video:D I wish they would still do the kinds of things.

This is very beautiful, how have I never seen this before?! I love the Heroes cover but I wish they would cover different things as well sometimes..

I've never seen this before! Thanks for sharing! I actually think it's quite good. Are there any other collars I might not know about?

I love this gif hahaha:D I'm really bad at singing but I love it so I often sing along alone in my room with the music turned up loud lol.

I totally agree except Everglow is 100% winter for me. It was my song of the winter last year cause I've listened to it ALL THE TIME then. It almost makes me nostalgic now lol:)

Could you please DM it to me as well? That would be really amazing cause I really dislike Stargate's production so far maybe then I could enjoy it more as well:D

Ohh it's so beautiful! I'll get collector tickets as well (thanks to my amazing dad who bought collector tickets for me even though I didn't ask him to) so this made me really excited!

And also, I'm suuuuuper late but I think I haven't said Happy Birthday to @coldplayisawesome yet, so Happy belated Birthday!! :D

Yesterday I wasn't having my best day and I discovered that Strawberry Swing is like magic for me! It's crazy, it calms me down so much within just one or two minutes! Like, music can make me feel a lot better of course but I can't believe the huge effect this song has on me!

Earlier I watched Live 2012 with my mom cause I wanted to listen to music and she wanted to listen music and she wanted to watch TV so we agreed on that. I think I just randomly poured all possible coldplay information over her lmao. I tried my best not to grin like a fool cause I felt like a proud mom when she said something that was great about coldplay lolll:D

ok, three things:

1. this one is not super well known, because Chris was actually taken out of the official version. but i like this one more :P

collab/cover all in one:

and i know a lot of people didn't like this one, but i like it well enough :P this was another unreleased track, the origin of Jay's verse in Lost+

2. thank you for the birthday wish! :wacky:

3. Don't Panic is the same for me. any time i feel anxious, i listen to that song and it helps me. i think it's something about the rhythm of that song. it's one of the reasons i got it tattooed on my wrist :D

• Like 3

It's bloody gorgeous *_*

Saaaaaame

Although maybe it's not that surprising considering

Results of a study by the British Academy of Sound Therapy show that "Strawberry Swing" is one of the most psychologically relaxing songs ever recorded.

I think I just randomly poured all possible coldplay information over her lmao. I tried my best not to grin like a fool cause I felt like a proud mom when she said something that was great about coldplay lolll:D

Lololol I'm doing this to nearly every person I know to the point of being annoying I think xD

The other day I sent someone 'Glass of water' and they said it sounded lovely and I was just like 'Omg Omg Omg ikr. But HERE LISTEN TO HOW AMAZING THEY SOUND LIVE!!!' And then I spammed them with about 40 videos because I couldn't decide which one was better lol.

• Like 1

Get ready for the most epic largest post ever... at last, I've returned here and because this thread sees an enormous amount of activity since the last time I've been here I have a ton of quotes to respond to. This might take a while, even on computer....

ChrisMartinFan, your 3 quotes are in red.

iamsue, your quote's in blue.

AMDB9, your quote's in gold.

I ran away, your 2 quotes are in green.

Stephie & diogo_sg, both of your quotes are in magenta.

Gideon_Mx, your quote's in orange.

gai, your quote's in purple.

TheSavage_, your quote's in turquoise.

Draco, your quote's in a light purple.

Nie, your quote's in pink.

[spoiler=Quotes]

It kept showing up on my recommended list and I kept ignoring it for the longest time because people almost always butcher Coldplay songs and kill all the emotion in them. But with this one within the first 10 seconds I was like O.O *_* ''is this heaven?'' :lol:

She has an absolutely gorgeous voice and a kind of jazzy tone in bits, it's so beautiful :') Idk why but I feel like this is a good representation of what a Avicii lacking pure Coldplay version of ASFOS would've sounded like :wacko:

Ikr!! There's only one other Coldplay cover I can think of which is absolutely outstanding, and that's

It is a very unique cover at that, I don't want to spoil any details so if you want to discover what I mean by that you'll have to check it out for yourself. Trust me, it's well worth it :)

Oh, an Avicii-free pure Coldplay version of ASFOS?

I still like the version in your video better but this is also another really nice, pure, stripped down version of ASFOS. I still really like the normal version of ASFOS though, overall the song itself is wonderful to me! It is just soooooo underrated, and I don't care if it's EDM, I really like most of it so I guess that's why I like this one too. EDM with Coldplay sprinkled over it... can't go wrong with that, my ears say to me. :wacky:

Now for the opposite end of the spectrum, which was my favorite version of ASFOS until potentially I heard the version you shared with us, that might beat it, haven't decided yet...

It is very similar to the normal version so I don't think it really qualifies as a complete "remix" but more of an "edit" as the title suggests. It must have never been officially released since I can't find it on any official site or anything, so I'm not sure how the guy who uploaded the video came across it but thank god he did because this is a big step up from the original version of ASFOS. See, I still like the original version but for me one of the problems with it is that it doesn't blow up enough. Sure, it's fun and dancey and great for casual listening but if you're looking to get super pumped and energized look no further than this wonderful edit. This REALLY makes the song explode, which in my opinion you must do if you're making any kind of Mylo Xyloto-style or EDM track. Let the music flow. We should never hold back on making a song as dancey as possible if it's a song like ASFOS. Don't water it down and make it seem like it'll explode but then it kind of goes back to normal. That's one of AHFOD low points for me. It feels like a watered down MX with production that really really fails on some songs *cough*Up&Up*cough*. Now I do still have yet to listen to that really ultra high quality version of AHFOD @LeftrightleftArchi listened to, and I have confidence that the album will sound much better with it, however for one MX doesn't need an ultra high quality version to sound nice, which is a plus, and secondly it doesn't change the fact that it's songs let your emotions truly run wild and free, unlike AHFOD which holds back a little too much. Now I know I've gone wayyyy off topic here and we're supposed to be talking about ASFOS here. That was my bad, I just wanted to say that little bit. One more thing, apparently this version was so good that one of the most hardcore Oldplayers remaining on the forum who disliked the original version actually liked this version, which was completely puzzling to me since I expected him to hate an even dancier version of ASFOS even more, instead he actually really liked it and agreed with me that the original version didn't "blow up" enough to be put to its full potential. So there's that. Anyway this one section has gone on long enough, I still got a bajillion other quotes to get back to so I'm gonna go do those now :P

Oh, and one more thing to add: While I was replying to another quote I suddenly remembered something I also wanted to mention here too: Even though I like ASFOS it really doesn't fit in the album, I mean Oceans fits perfectly into it but it's a bit much when you hear the sudden abrupt transition from this song into Fly On. An EDM track coming just before a really soft piano ballad? How does that make any sense at all? I think it should have just been released as a standalone single myself but that's just me. It has the same colors and wintry feel as the rest of the album does but this puts an abrupt end to the calmness and stripped down sound to the album it had going for it. It returns with Fly On but it doesn't have the same effect after listening to EDM. I guess it is a good thing the Avicii edit didn't make its way onto the album as that definitely would be way over the top, while this is mildly acceptable as it isn't overly dancey in the album, even though it would feel like it compared to the rest of the album.

Okay, that's definitely it now. :P

Speaking of funny, this video lol

When the other guys come in with their instruments :lol: and all the little sound effects lmao xD

Hahaa I seen this one before, suchhhhh a long time ago, and at last someone else mentioned it here on the forums! The best part is when I first watched this I hadn't even seen the original video yet so I assumed this was an original music video as well and was confused when I watched the official ASFOS video :laugh1:

This other epic shred video led me there:

The original person who posted this on the forum said something along the lines of that if anyone felt bad because they couldn't get the hang of the "Clocks" riff this is what we all sounded like when we first tried to learn it xD

And the best part is this is the first shred video I watched and I knew nothing about these types of videos so I was convinced this was an actual performance of "Clocks" by the band themselves that was just really awful so it was a "shred". Same with ASFOS. :lol:

Will really is an emotional anchor :wacky:

They're all so caring and protective of each other here :bigcry:

The Rolling Stones interview always makes me really emotional as well :c

[ATTACH=full]6182[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]6183[/ATTACH]

It's so hard to believe they're talking about the same optimistic smiley cap toting positivity spreading man we know and love D:

They're all so lucky to have each other. It's just the most beautiful loving friendship all around <3

I just watched Ink and

Those supportive little 'checking in to see if you're alright' looks Jonny keeps giving Chris throughout and the smile they share at the end <3

They all love and care about each other so much omg D: my heart D:

I never truly knew the pain Chris was going through in the GS era till now. I heard that at the end of the big shows in the MX era that as time went on he felt so worn out and he felt that the happiness he felt in the concerts was just because he had to because he was there. And that he looked back on the day in a blur and wasn't feeling great. That was the saddest news I heard but I guess I wasn't around for the GS era so I didn't truly know how bad it was for him at that time. I'm so glad they're back to normal now. To be honest even though I like melancholic songs I'd much rather have everything be going well in the band members' lifes and them make music like on AHFOD than them either being like Chris was in the GS era or them in their early days not knowing what will happen next, and all sad all the time, and making beautifully melancholic songs because of it. I care about how the band members feel first and how the music sounds second and any true fan would agree with me. If they're happy let them make happy music. I mean, it doesn't quite excuse them working with Stargate and throwing songs like XMTS on the album as a hidden track rather than a B-side and they could make better happier music but still...

THANK YOU for posting this! It is beyond beautiful. Great description, too. I am watching the US voice right now. I hope this woman wins Voice Indonesia!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

Now I'm sorry but I can't remember whether you replied to me or not, but if you did reply to me don't credit me, credit @ChrisMartinFan, the wonderful person bringing this wonderful version of the song to the forum in the first place. Nothing big but just thought I'd let you know who to truly thank, I'll be the first person to admit I love credit but not when someone else did it :P Oh well. We can agree that this version is outstandingly amazing and that this woman deserves to win Voice Indonesia :)

This symbol on the cover for Live 2012 looks more like the Ghost Stories wings than it does a broken heart.

Funny how it all flew over the Coldplayers' heads at the time, but that the band could have been potentially teasing the GS artwork 2 years from now. I mean, no one could have expected that, but it's funny when you look back and get mad at yourself for not realizing that could have been a tease of the upcoming artwork. The same thing happened when Coldplay at GC teased the album artwork a little over 2 months early with the black outlines of the symbol on something in Chris' shirt pocket (or actually on his shirt, I can't remember, you know what I mean...) I can't recall anyone noting that as potentially being a part of the artwork for the upcoming release until the posters started appearing about a week before the lead single release. :laugh3:

Just found this:

[MEDIA=instagram]BLc6gFohncf[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: [MEDIA=instagram]BLc6gFohncf[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLc6gFohncf/

Apparently, he is backing the election of the three people whose names are written behind him for the City Council of Malibu...

Hm? Do you know anything about those people? Are they bad in any way? Or did you just find it interesting? (Now I know, all politicians have a bit of bad in them but I think we can all agree some are muchhhhh worse than others....)

I'd personally be excited if Chris Martin was supporting some people to get elected, as far as I know he knows very well about who in general is good and who's not so I'd guess that those people whose names are written on the wall behind him are some of the better if not the best choices.

Onto the actual performance, the song he seems to be covering sounds very nice, especially when compared to the awfulness that is today's mainstream chart songs. He also recently covered another really nice song somewhere else. I don't know about you but due to this and them also playing older less known songs more frequently than normal through this tour I'm already starting to get a bit hyped about LP8 that it might just be the next big change in Coldplay's sound, and for the better if he's starting to pay attention to these really outstanding songs... :D :D :D

*snaps back to reality and reminds self that it probably will be another 2 years at the very least until the real hype begins again, and in the last two albums the hype was that they're changing their sound drastically, but all Oldplayers got extremely disappointed when hearing the album because it turned out to be a much poppier release than they expected, hype&happiness dies* :(

On the upside, I did get Coldplay tickets. *happiness intensifies*

Oh wait... but I'm going to have to wait almost a year. *happiness dies once more*

Oh well... I do know that unless some massive catastrophe happens it will for sure be confirmed to happen. *happiness mildly intensifies once more*

I just found this song, it has Chris in it and is I believe one of the lesser known collaborations (by the way I don't like it, just wanted to share it...I think Homecoming is much better than this !)

Mobile Link:

What!!!!!!!!! And I thought I found every last Coldplay song and collaboration... this proved me wrong.

Homecoming?!!! How am I missing out on this much!! I swear I heard that song before but I never heard Chris Martin in it... I remember it sounding really nice. I still have some work to do to get every last Coldplay song and collab into my library, after a year, I can't believe it!!!

Onto the actual song itself, I actually do like it. It is light years better than any rap song on the radio today. It feels a little bit more stripped down and heartfelt than most which I really like. I seen someone else say Chris' voice doesn't fit, in my opinion it actually fits much better than the actual rapper's voice on here, he doesn't sound like a rapper at all and admittedly sounds like any random person attempting to rap but really failing. It sounds weird coming from the intro to the rap section of the song, it kind of throws you off a bit so those are my criticisms of the song. Put an actual rapper in here and you have a really nice song in my opinion. Makes zero sense that in the final version they threw out Chris Martin, I think his voice blends in perfectly and sounds wonderful, the person needing to be thrown out is the rapper, he doesn't sound like a rapper at all!!

Most modern hip hop I despise, I do have a few hip hop songs in my phone that are the heartfelt ones, I really like them. I plan to get much more though as I also remembered more "normal" rap music mainly from Eminem earlier on is really good and actually has a freaking melody unlike today's abomination of "rap" music... add a C in front of that and that's precisely what pretty much all mainstream music today sounds like to me, not just hip hop music!

I heard these really really old school hip hop songs that sounded more normal and I actually do kind of like them since they actually tell a story in the lyrics unlike today's repetitive recycled awfulness that pretty much comprises of cliche rhymes everyone has heard of before. Not something I would put on my phone but I can appreciate them nonetheless because of it!

I listened to AHFOD in its entirety this morning (haven't done that in a while) and found that some songs make me feel all "summery" because they were played on this year's tour, and some songs make me feel all "christmassy" (like Fun and Army Of One) because the album was released during Christmas time last year. Such a weird but lovely mixture.

I love that all their albums in their own way are such a colorful and varying expression and preservation of the times of my life and the feelings that went along with these times.

I was just thinking about AHFOD and I've come to realise that this album sort of passes by every season of the year, in terms of sound. I find so, at least.

We start in the summer, with AHFOD, Birds, HFTW, Everglow and AOAL.

Then, we go through autumn with Fun and Kaleidoscope.

Army Of One, XMTS and Colour Spectrum are the winter.

Finally, we enter spring with Amazing Day and Up&Up.

Any thoughts?

Hm, I haven't really thought about this a whole lot. I tend to have mixed feelings about which season each song in AHFOD belongs in since it was released in the middle of the winter (which was totally out of place for the type of album it was, I mean Coldplay's completely got it backwards when it comes to album release dates, they released MX in October and it's at least a fall type album overall so they could have released it a bit earlier... GS was released in May which makes absolutely no sense at all considering it's a very wintery album with cool ambient soundscapes, and AHFOD was released in December which is also completely out of place considering it overall isn't a wintry album. Only other album I can comment on off the top of my head is Parachutes which to my memory was released sometime in the summer, which I guess isn't too bad since I like to listen to those songs on summer/fall nights... :D)

Overall I think AHFOD is a springtime album but here's my opinion track by track:

A Head Full Of Dreams: Spring/Summer

Birds: Spring

Hymn For The Weekend: Early Winter/Spring (I know, kinda weird, but that's just the way it feels to me)

Everglow: Fall

Adventure of a Lifetime: Spring/Summer

Fun: Summer/Fall

Kaleidoscope: Fall/Winter

Army Of One: Fall/Winter

Amazing Day: Early Summer/Fall

WNWxy5H.jpg: Spring

Up&Up: Summer

Was actually much easier than I thought. Just never really thought about it in depth before I suppose but I guess those all make sense. Definitely not the kind of album I'd expect to be released in December...

I find the same! I strongly associate pretty much all music with color(s) and sometimes certain scenes and times in my life, or times that I want to have happen :D

As for the other quote, I was originally intending to reply to it on it's own but since there was already a quote about seasons and how AHFOD's songs relate to them I decided I may as well throw it in with this one. (That's how long it's been since I've been here and replied, there are now two seperate posts about related things that is quite rare to talk about :laugh3:) The interesting thing is I was actually thinking about an album that kind of followed the seasons and used that as symbolism that eventually everything comes back around in a big cycle. The theme would be that if you're feeling down, don't ever give up because it's just nature's law that it will get better. (I actually made a selection of Coldplay songs that followed this pattern in a thread where you could make your own Coldplay album out of your favorite 15 songs. I can't remember the name of the thread but I will link it here if I do end up finding it at some point). I don't think Coldplay was aiming for that in this ablum but it's an interesting idea. I also don't think the songs follow in a seasonal order so I don't think this album goes in a cycle like a season, there aren't enough dark and sad songs and not enough of an emphasis on it to really be that way. You never know, it's always possible though. And it is a very good idea. Even your list mixes up at Amazing Day and Colour Spectrum, and Everglow, so yeah... that's my thoughts on that.

I just agree, completely.

Imagine Coldplay were still in the same kind of theme from their first EP's and first album(s) all the way to their 7th album. That wouldn't be as exciting as it is now, because now, we don't know what to expect for next eras. I mean, they did alternative, pop, disco (not sure if I used the right word) and even funk !

(I don't want to hurt the Oldplayers by saying it wouldn't be that exciting if they still were making the same kind of songs they used to make in their early years. It's just my personal opinion about it!)

Exactly, it wouldn't be quite as exciting without them trying different things. I like that Coldplay doesn't want to do the same thing twice. It might be nice to have another AROBTTH but if that were the case I'd want it infused with something else this time to sound truly fresh. In any case it would be a nice experience to listen to and I think it's fine for a band to go back and do an album for the old timers that is truly reminiscent of what they once did but probably only once, then I'd want them to once again start trying new things. They wouldn't be relevent now had they kept doing the same exact style of music. One thing they are keeping throughout their discography is the emotion in their songs which is the number one priority and thing I look for in music to see whether I like it or not. Whether very happy or very sad, or anything else, they generate an emotion within me that makes me really like it, and with most songs in this album they've done it once more which is why I still really like their sound. If they ever lose that they'll lose me. Hopefully they don't go down the XMTS route for their next album because that's the one song I'm not talking about in this album. That should have been left as a B-side rather than a hidden track, I mean it would be still cool to hear them trying new things but it just really doesn't belong in the album. It's too bad that they gave up on the concept of the B-side enough to put a rather poor track on the album but just as a hidden track. We haven't seen any B-sides from this album yet and I doubt we ever will which would be a first for Coldplay. The only non-album track I'd say came from the AHFOD era is "Gone But Not F. Cotton", which sounds very colorful even though it's melancholic and was released much before we really knew much about AHFOD.

There is one thing I'd like to say thought about your statement, and what I'm about to say I am actually getting a little sick of saying because I've said it so many times, one person told me that it's not the change that bothers Oldplayer's, it's the nature of it. Why do so many people still like Radiohead? Because they keep truly innovating. With each new release they keep fans interesting with completely new sounds and atmospheres that their fans never seen coming. The way they promote their music is also highly unpredictable, I mean for their latest release every last trace of presence they had on the Internet got deleted than put back again shortly before the release of AMSP! A band like Coldplay would never do that. Radiohead are just so creative, unique and artistic which is the reason why I love them so much as I do Coldplay. I like Coldplay's music better but from an artistic standpoint I am willing to admit any day of the year that Radiohead is far superior. They may no longer be the most known and famous act around but they surely are the most creative in all aspects, and critics would agree as over the years they've recieved widespread critical acclaim, something the majority of bands, and I hate to say it but Coldplay included, maybe once upon a time they had critical acclaim but even then not as much as Radiohead, can only dream of. So we can agree that Radiohead's changed, but what about Coldplay? They've changed as well. But have they truly innovated? Make completely new sounds and experiment to the extent Radiohead have? In no way, shape or form my friend! Maybe in the universe next door, but not here! The key thing to remember here is: to the extent Radiohead have. I mean, no way, you can't expect many bands to continually prevail as much as Radiohead but what Coldplay have done is done bits here and there. Viva is the most well known for their trying of new styles of music so this is an exception. We'll talk about the other albums for now, focusing on the Newplay albums. We all know the likes of Moving to Mars, Atlas, Midnight etc. are all very unique and original songs, and for these I'd say that yes they've experimented and tried new things. There are bits and pieces here and there of experimentation in our new album but they fade into the poppiness as quickly as they were introduced which is a bit dissappointing, especially when you consider they've taken it much further before. Coming back to the thing about the B-sides, it's frustrating that we likely won't have our essential Moving to Mars or Atlas or Midnight of this era because they seem to have completely ditched that idea like many acts now have. The closest thing we have is Kaleidoscope and admittedly this is probably it, along with Colour Spectrum. These two songs are both highly underrated in terms of uniqueness and I believe they could be just as experimental as the other songs are, just much shorter which I suppose is the dissappointing thing here. But if we want to talk about originality in this album, those two tracks are pretty much where it's at. Back to the point at hand here, they still never have managed to make as extensive a collection of experimental unique songs that Radiohead have which is what I meant by that. We've recieved experimentation from Coldplay in recent times with a song here, a song there, but so far they haven't made a full album of those songs. You could argue Viva, and that fair enough would be the closest thing here. But here's the difference between Viva and any of Radiohead's "experimental" albums: while Viva explores diverse styles and sprinkles the Coldplay flavor onto them, Radiohead pretty much actually makes completely original styles. Take their latest album. Ask yourself if you've heard any musical style like it before. Have you? I personally haven't. I might just not have looked far enough into music yet but this album is so good that it actually makes the songs sound normal yet extremely unique to the point where there's not much to compare it to. With Viva I think I've heard some other songs that do in fact sound similar to those on the album. Not a lot but they're out there. For a couple songs you could perhaps argue that they sound completely original, and maybe you're right. I don't know. But this whole reply has already became much too long, and I'm pretty sure you get the point now so I'll stop it here unless I remember anything else. Got quite a few more quotes to get back to, so this will do for now.

whhhHAAAAAAAA?? :freak: is there video of this??

At this point with all of the stuff we've been hearing recently it would be almost absurd to not think that their next album would be a big change in sound for them.... but you never know since the last two albums there was hype for creativity yet some people were disappointed with the overall poppiness Coldplay chose to deliver instead. We'll just have to wait and see...

(yes, I know, it's a bit early to start thinking about this yet when the album is probably at the very least 2 years away :P)

On that notion: How many of you here like to sing, but at the same time are like bummed they don't sound so good? I mean, I like singing but I do it on my own cause I dont think im actually that good. :(

By myself, I sing alright.

Singing with the song as it plays along, I seem to sound quite good.

Singing in the shower, I sound amazing.

And when I sing in the shower with the song, I sound angelic!!!!! :lol:

What is it about that shower that makes us sing so good!!!! :P

I feel bad for wanting in on this as it's not the most ethical of things. At least I have the normal album :D

Well if you have the normal album it's fine, you've supported the band and that's that. Get any version of AHFOD you want after that that you can't pay for really...

I can't believe I'm saying this when I technically don't get music in the best way myself....

Are there any threads about the possibilities of LP8. Lol I know it's quite early but I wouldn't mind thinking about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was one once but I can't find it now, not sure where it went... Probably got deleted

There was an LP9 thread once that immediately got shut down :lol:

I would like to discuss it though... I don't know, might be a bit early. The official AHFOD thread that we know now was made before the actual release of GS too and actually lived on to become the main thread :laugh3: Unlike that LP8 thread that seemed to have disappeared... oh well, likely too early anyways, getting us excited and hyped for something that likely won't happen in a very, very long time.

Sweet! My dad got tickets too. :D

Anyone wanna guess how long that took? On computer? :D

Hint: Almost another full page on this thread was posted between the time I started and finished. :o

And, anyone who doesn't know yet, we got tickets!!! Yayyy. Apparently my dad said something about you can return them to get better seats when the regular sale starts since they don't all show up in the presale so if they do manage to get something else that would be good too, point is unless some awful catastrophe happens I will be confirmed to see them!!!!!!! :D

Yesterday was one of the better days of my life in a while...

• Like 2

This is nothing compared to what I just posted. :D

I had to go back to the AHFOD thread to find the colors I needed for the 9th and 10th people, that's how long it was. And you know what? Even my recent post is nothing despite me claiming it's the biggest post ever. I once had a post so long back in that era it broke the character limit (I didn't even know there was one), and once I tried to take some quotes out to make it fit within the character limit I discovered it had like 4 times over the picture limit so I just completely gave up on that one :lol: I believe I was on vacation at that time as well which was the start of the extreme hype where everyone really posted a ton on that thread, and I only had the laptop which didn't help either. It was crazy. If you thought my post was big there's even a valid post back then that reached like 17 unique people where mine only does 10 lol. Some of you should have been around back then if you thought my recent post was long... :D

• Like 1

ok, three things:

1. this one is not super well known, because Chris was actually taken out of the official version. but i like this one more :P

collab/cover all in one:

and i know a lot of people didn't like this one, but i like it well enough :P this was another unreleased track, the origin of Jay's verse in Lost+

2. thank you for the birthday wish! :wacky:

3. Don't Panic is the same for me. any time i feel anxious, i listen to that song and it helps me. i think it's something about the rhythm of that song. it's one of the reasons i got it tattooed on my wrist :D

Thanks for sharing these songs, I really didn't know them!

• Like 2

This is nothing compared to what I just posted. :D

I had to go back to the AHFOD thread to find the colors I needed for the 9th and 10th people, that's how long it was. And you know what? Even my recent post is nothing despite me claiming it's the biggest post ever. I once had a post so long back in that era it broke the character limit (I didn't even know there was one), and once I tried to take some quotes out to make it fit within the character limit I discovered it had like 4 times over the picture limit so I just completely gave up on that one :lol: I believe I was on vacation at that time as well which was the start of the extreme hype where everyone really posted a ton on that thread, and I only had the laptop which didn't help either. It was crazy. If you thought my post was big there's even a valid post back then that reached like 17 unique people where mine only does 10 lol. Some of you should have been around back then if you thought my recent post was long... :D

Hahaha I had no idea there was a post limit either!

And congrats on getting tickets!

And that shred video you posted was hilarious:D When I first saw the ASFOS shred video I had no idea if it was real or not so it confused me a lot:D

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
i wasn't sure if there was more to it[emoji14]but that makes sense

i think i might pick different seasons for some of the songs... i'll have to put some more thought into this...

I associate songs/albums with certain seasons and moments and colours too. The ones I posted earlier aren't under the correct season imho. I was trying to make a point by following the tracklist, that's all :)