✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

At the moment @alisbe and @Nie are tied for likes! Who will come out on top??!

I think @Nie :D I gave her a couple of likes a few minutes ago. By the way, thanks everyone for your likes :dazzled:

And I had a very busy Saturday today and I couldn't keep track of all your posts. Mainly the random thoughts you shared about Coldplay's chemistry made me a little bit emotional and I might write something about it on the ultimate coldplaying thread.

• Like 4

Awesome Top 10 list by Billboard! Nice to see some of the lesser-known songs on there.

AND HURTS LIKE HEAVEN MADE THE LIST!!! :omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7542025/coldplay-top-10-greatest-songs-chris-martin-critic-picks?utm_source=twitter

I saw this list and I'm also impressed that a song like Sparks is there. For oldplayers it must be a proof that AROBTTH is Coldplay's best album as most of the songs the critics chose are from this album. What I didn't like is there isn't a song from X&Y. This album is still so underrated, I was hoping for Fix You to appear on the list at least.

• Like 1

I saw this list and I'm also impressed that a song like Sparks is there. For oldplayers it must be a proof that AROBTTH is Coldplay's best album as most of the songs the critics chose are from this album. What I didn't like is there isn't a song from X&Y. This album is still so underrated, I was hoping for Fix You to appear on the list at least.

Speed of Sound was on there!

And I had a very busy Saturday today and I couldn't keep track of all your posts.

You're not alone! I have unread posts from over 24 hours ago! I am probably not gonna have time to read them all until later this week. I have such a busy week coming up!

• Like 2

i was a little more surprised at Green Eyes :shocked2:

maybe just surprised that was the #2 spot

• Like 3

I still can't get over the fact that you, @coldplayisawesome, don't like the song Fix You :P. I mean, I don't like it that much either, but for it to be your least favorite CP song... :o

I have heard that the really hardcore Coldplayers don't really like that song, so I guess by that standard, you'd be one of the most hardcore of Coldplayers :D

• Like 1

i was a little more surprised at Green Eyes :shocked2:

maybe just surprised that was the #2 spot

One time I was talking to someone about Coldplay and I was expecting them to say something like "oh yeah viva la vida/paradise/etc is great," but they surprised me by saying Green Eyes is a really good song!

• Like 4

Awesome Top 10 list by Billboard! Nice to see some of the lesser-known songs on there.

AND HURTS LIKE HEAVEN MADE THE LIST!!! :omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7542025/coldplay-top-10-greatest-songs-chris-martin-critic-picks?utm_source=twitter

I love this article! It's really well written and the choice of songs is interesting. I especially like the description of Viva La Vida cause I always have a hard time putting in words how it feels to me but that article does it perfectly!

• Like 2

I still can't get over the fact that you, @coldplayisawesome, don't like the song Fix You :P. I mean, I don't like it that much either, but for it to be your least favorite CP song... :o

I have heard that the really hardcore Coldplayers don't really like that song, so I guess by that standard, you'd be one of the most hardcore of Coldplayers :D

Sometimes I feel so boring for Fix You being my favorite song. It's everybody's favorite, I could have some other super unknown coldplay song as my favorite... But I just love Fix You so much!

• Like 4

Sometimes I feel so boring for Fix You being my favorite song. It's everybody's favorite, I could have some other super unknown coldplay song as my favorite... But I just love Fix You so much!

there's nothing wrong with that. you like what you like :shrug: and there are other bands for me that my favorite song is probably one of their most well known songs (because i don't listen to much else than the singles), so i can't really judge anyone else for that anyway :P

haha, well thank you :charming::P

it's not that i don't like it at all. it's still a great song, but i feel like the people who like it most tend to have a personal/emotional connection to it, which i don't have.

• Like 2

btw last night i had a dream where i was watching an interview with Chris and Guy (but from in the same room? i don't know) and they were talking about the current lack of b-sides, basically due to b-sides not being much of a thing in general anymore. then they said they didn't like not releasing b-sides so they were going to start doing it again. :cheesy:

and then when i woke up i realized it didn't actually happen :disappointed:

• Like 5

That happens to me with Viva La Vida. The first time I heard it gave me this indescribable feeling that a few other songs give me. Now, I think I might have heard it too many times that I'm starting to be bored of it (this is a sad confession). However, I still remember that first time and it's a wonderful feeling that even if I haven't listened to the song like the first time I'll keep saying my favorite song is Viva La Vida.

@alisbe for the win! [emoji4]

I'm actually surprised that I have almost 4000 posts. When did that happen?!?! [emoji1]

Thank you! If you have almost 4000 posts it's because your posts are so good and meaningful to the community : )

In a side note: coldplayers are the best because instead of asking for more likes to win we said the other ones deserve to win.:loveshower:

btw last night i had a dream where i was watching an interview with Chris and Guy (but from in the same room? i don't know) and they were talking about the current lack of b-sides, basically due to b-sides not being much of a thing in general anymore. then they said they didn't like not releasing b-sides so they were going to start doing it again. :cheesy:

Perhaps that's a sign of good news. I don't remember the name of those dreams but @AMDB9 mentioned them in another thread. Who knows if you dreamed about the future.

• Like 3

Ohh I wish this was true...

• Like 1

Not even like a page since my last post... and I already got a ton to reply too. Thankfully I didn't spend so long this time (no one guessed the time so I'll say it all for you: 2+ hours even on computer :D) because I didn't write any books :lol: So don't worry, anyone who hated reading through my long texts last time... this time won't be so crazy.

However, the way I quoted this time is a bit more crazy to make up for it, since some quotes I had to fit within others in order for my reply to make sense. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out, if you read below you'll be just fine. :D

MyloXyloter, your quote's in red.

flockofbirds222 & coldplayisawesome, both of your quotes are in blue.

coldplayisawesome, you have a quote that's in gold.

guy42 & coldplayisawesome, both of your quotes are in green.

diogo_sg, your quote's in magenta.

AMDB9, your quote's in orange.

alisbe & flockofbirds222, both of your quotes are in purple.

alisbe & Nie, both of your quotes are in turquoise.

alisbe, you have 2 quotes that are in a light purple (one of these goes along with coldplayisawesome's otherwise lone gold quote).

[spoiler=Quotes]

coldplay-best-png.6187

Looks really nice! :D

One thing, I wish you'd have found a way to sneak in Ghost Stories and Parachutes too though. Seems like they've been forgotten here, :(

Still looks nice though.

ok, three things:

1. this one is not super well known, because Chris was actually taken out of the official version. but i like this one more :P

collab/cover all in one:

and i know a lot of people didn't like this one, but i like it well enough :P this was another unreleased track, the origin of Jay's verse in Lost+

2. thank you for the birthday wish! :wacky:

3. Don't Panic is the same for me. any time i feel anxious, i listen to that song and it helps me. i think it's something about the rhythm of that song. it's one of the reasons i got it tattooed on my wrist :D

Thanks for sharing these songs, I really didn't know them!

Neither did I, thanks for showing these songs :D

Actually think I seen the first one somewhere. Never truly looked into it though...

Ughh that sucks that it was just a dream... but who knows, as @alisbe suggested:

Perhaps that's a sign of good news. I don't remember the name of those dreams but @AMDB9 mentioned them in another thread. Who knows if you dreamed about the future.

(by the way, they're called precognitive dreams I believe) You could have had one of them. Maybe as you were dreaming that they were thinking that they were frustrated of their recent lack of B-sides and the lack of B-sides in today's music industry in general, so they'd start doing it again. Who knows? Anything is possible. Let's be optimistic. :D

(it's quite rare I act this way btw, I'll be the first to admit I am usually a pessimist. The advantages to being one are, for one, you get a really nice surprise when things go the right way so you get extra excited, and secondly, if things turn out as you expect you won't be as mad as if you were optimistic since you kept expectations low so you'd be less disappointed in the end. It's a win-win, really. Great style of thinking, at least in my mind. I sometimes wonder though, about the law of attraction potentially rendering this worse... it says you can make things happen just be really wishing for them and being optimistic. If this is true than pessimism is pointless! Still really iffy on it sometimes. If there's a lot of evidence going towards the good thing happening I'll be optimistic but naturally I tend to be a pessimist...

Okay enough of going off topic now :D

haha, well thank you :charming::P

it's not that i don't like it at all. it's still a great song, but i feel like the people who like it most tend to have a personal/emotional connection to it, which i don't have.

Wow, if Fix You is actually your least favorite song and you still say it's "great" that really says something about your opinion of Coldplay. (As already obvious by your profile name :P)

I associate songs/albums with certain seasons and moments and colours too. The ones I posted earlier aren't under the correct season imho. I was trying to make a point by following the tracklist, that's all :)

What!!! Same! :D

Oh ok good. I thought the same way, some of these didn't match up...

I did make a list of Coldplay songs that did tend to follow in a seasonal order, or at least in my opinion...

Guess that Everglow was just one example out of a few that didn't follow your opinion.

I think it's safe to say Coldplay weren't aiming for any seasonal cycle theme or anything like that (although in general the feeling of the songs is happy-sad-happy to really simplify it, which is reminiscent of an album that would use seasons as a central theme, so who knows. :D)

Speed of Sound was on there!

Yeah... but Fix You is much better still...

You're not alone! I have unread posts from over 24 hours ago! I am probably not gonna have time to read them all until later this week. I have such a busy week coming up!

Lol, once I wasn't on the forum for a couple days recenltly and had unread posts from 48+ hours ago. When I came back from my 5 month break I think the counters must have broke or something because I had a very very low alerts count compared to what I was expecting. There was no way in the world I was going back and reading everything made and posted since then :D

One time I was talking to someone about Coldplay and I was expecting them to say something like "oh yeah viva la vida/paradise/etc is great," but they surprised me by saying Green Eyes is a really good song!

Yeah, it must have been a great feeling for someone to mention something other than the big hits! :) One of my brothers is a Coldplay fan actually too (he says he does only like some, and he is the type that doesn't like pop music as much so I'm assuming he'd be the type to be an "Oldplayer") He picked Warning Sign as a song he really liked. His girlfriend said she really loved Strawberry Swing. I loved it that they were choosing songs other than the obvious hits! I mean, the hits IMO are some of the best songs, that's why they're hits, they are sooooo good!!! But that doesn't exempt Coldplay from having hidden gems, and they surely do have some hidden gems. Glad I know a few people in real life, now that I think of it, that like at least some of Coldplay as well, and something other than just the big hits. :D

That happens to me with Viva La Vida. The first time I heard it gave me this indescribable feeling that a few other songs give me. Now, I think I might have heard it too many times that I'm starting to be bored of it (this is a sad confession). However, I still remember that first time and it's a wonderful feeling that even if I haven't listened to the song like the first time I'll keep saying my favorite song is Viva La Vida.

Well there is a reason Fix You is loved by so many people, including me. It is simply a masterpiece. Don't force yourself to feel boring or not like it because so many other people do. It is an amazing song, that's why so many people like it. Feel the emotion flow through yourself while listening to the song. That's why so many people like it. It's touched so many hearts including mine. Coldplay knows how to make songs that stay with nearly everyone. They're masters at it. Embrace it. :)

@alisbe for the win! [emoji4]

I'm actually surprised that I have almost 4000 posts. When did that happen?!?! [emoji1]

Thank you! If you have almost 4000 posts it's because your posts are so good and meaningful to the community : )

*looks at own post count*

How did I forget I posted 5000 posts already?!!? I really need to celebrate that... Going back and editing the post that I found to be 5000.

Congratulations in advance for when you reach 4000! :D

In a side note: coldplayers are the best because instead of asking for more likes to win we said the other ones deserve to win.:loveshower:

True that!

I was really surprised when I seen you both cheering on one another. That is a very rare occurence nowadays, especially on the Internet. Hats off to the two of you for being extra respectful of each other! But that's simply how Coldplayers are. We're all awesome like that. :D

Forgot to mention this in my last post, but how do Coldplay do it? They can tour for quite a while, and yes I mean they take really long breaks and stuff (and to be fair they don't seem to be playing a lot next year till June) but doesn't it still get tiring after a while? Their lives are still probably pretty busy. Amazing how they can pull it off...

• Like 2

*looks at own post count*

How did I forget I posted 5000 posts already?!!? I really need to celebrate that... Going back and editing the post that I found to be 5000.

Congratulations in advance for when you reach 4000!

You know that your amount of posts could be 10x higher by now?

At my posting rate the 4000 will be somewhere in about 2 weeks. :D

But then there is a Coldplaying Listening Party. Time to boost it up. :laugh4:

• Like 3

(by the way, they're called precognitive dreams I believe) You could have had one of them. Maybe as you were dreaming that they were thinking that they were frustrated of their recent lack of B-sides and the lack of B-sides in today's music industry in general, so they'd start doing it again. Who knows? Anything is possible. Let's be optimistic. :D

(it's quite rare I act this way btw, I'll be the first to admit I am usually a pessimist. The advantages to being one are, for one, you get a really nice surprise when things go the right way so you get extra excited, and secondly, if things turn out as you expect you won't be as mad as if you were optimistic since you kept expectations low so you'd be less disappointed in the end. It's a win-win, really. Great style of thinking, at least in my mind. I sometimes wonder though, about the law of attraction potentially rendering this worse... it says you can make things happen just be really wishing for them and being optimistic. If this is true than pessimism is pointless! Still really iffy on it sometimes. If there's a lot of evidence going towards the good thing happening I'll be optimistic but naturally I tend to be a pessimist...

Okay enough of going off topic now :D

Haha I'm exactly the opposite. I always feel like being optimistic about things makes everything a little better:D

But everybody has to find what makes them happiest:D

Well there is a reason Fix You is loved by so many people, including me. It is simply a masterpiece. Don't force yourself to feel boring or not like it because so many other people do. It is an amazing song, that's why so many people like it. Feel the emotion flow through yourself while listening to the song. That's why so many people like it. It's touched so many hearts including mine. Coldplay knows how to make songs that stay with nearly everyone. They're masters at it. Embrace it. :)

Yeah I know you're right. I actually don't listen to it so often so I won't lose that special feeling it gives me.

I just sometimes feel like when I'm talking to people who aren't real fans I want to say something they probably never heard of like idk 42 or something just to show that I know more than the famous songs lol:D

• Like 1